OR OR - Erika Renee Hogg, 39, Josephine County, 17 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I did a search for Josephine County Oregon here on WS and started reading some things that popped up.

Please search this:

Mary Rodermund

Now on that thread some one posted a missing persons remains being found at a place called "Holcomb Peak". This peak in Josephine County Oregon is less than 6-7 miles from where Ericka was last seen and a mile or two at most from where Sherry Wellwood's car was found.

I know we have like a serious time gap here but what are the chances these females go missing and or female remains are found all in this small not very populated or even that well known of an area??

I am going to seriously have to do more research and see just how many missing persons and/or remains are being found in this area over the years.

I have to wonder do we have an old perp using this area since it's so remote? Or other weirdly related circumstances? Or just all coincidence?

Yes, all of these cases need to be looked into more thoroughly. We also have Lisa Cronin who went missing Dec 19, 2019 somewhere between Sunny Valley and Grants Pass. Not quite as close as the others, but still very close. Here is her websleuth thread: OR - OR - Lisa Cronin, adult, Sunny Valley, 19 Dec 2019

Three middle aged white woman all missing in the same general area within a couple years? We need to get some answers.

Gray Hughes did a live stream today with a guest named Gwen, she had more details on Ericka Hogg's disappearance.
A man was found driving Ericka's van, and claimed she sold it to him, but he did not have any documentation to confirm.
The homeowner of the last place where she had showered, reported a gun was missing.
She was last seen after she showered, and was "in a state of undress".

Dang ! Anyone know what LE is doing with this ? Going to guess not much of anything made the hair on my neck prick up. There's a lot of territory out there still ? Any logging going on ? TIA MOO.
Unfortunately, LE isn't doing very much. Hi, I'm Gwen, I'm the person Gray Hughes was speaking with who was mentioned in the above comment. I've been receiving tips sporadically over the past few years in connection to Ericka's case, and have passed all information that I have received to the detective with OSP who is in charge with her case. Talking with him is like talking to a brick wall, I can tell he doesn't take much of what I have to say seriously at all, and basically he's waiting for her to just pop up on her own, be it her remains being found or her mysteriously reappearing within society.
I'm not giving up on her, though.

The second Walk For Ericka is going to be taking place in Josephine County on May 17th. We're going to be walking through town with signs, hanging flyers at local businesses, etc. Still not letting her be forgotten, no matter how much some people seem to want to.

There are a few things that bother me immensely about Ericka's disappearance, so I'm going to list a few of them here.

1- Larry Anthony Hopkins II, AKA Hannibal, Ericka's boyfriend at the time, claimed to LE and Ericka's family that she was having a schizophrenic episode and wandered into the woods either partially clothed or completely naked.
Now, I don't know about you, but I'm reasonably certain that if my girlfriend was walking around naked talking at people who weren't there, I'd be keeping a close eye on her.
This statement also conflicts with what he told a girl that he was speaking with later in 2018, as he told her that his last sighting of her was of her laying in bed, again having a schizophrenic episode. Was she in bed, or was she walking around naked? Make up your mind, buddy.

2- Ryan Floyd Bargay, the neighbor who occasionally allowed Ericka and Hannibal to bathe in his home, reported a firearm was missing from his home after Ericka vanished.
Was the firearm ever recovered?

3- Neither of these men has been willing to speak with me, the individual who has been advocating to find Ericka since 2019.
I know neither of them is obligated to speak with me regarding this matter, but at the same time it is quite strange. I have sent facebook friend requests to them both. Bargay's is hanging in acceptance purgatory, and Hopkins outright denied the request within five minutes of it being sent. Hopkins claimed to love Ericka, and for a brief (and I mean brief) time after she vanished he was posting to social media like a concerned partner. But then that just....stopped.

4- Hopkins was trying to convince a woman to come out to the farm in Selma mere months after Ericka vanished.
He apparently wasted very little time trying to look for female companionship, but the verbiage in one of his later text messages is incredibly off-putting. I will attach the screenshot of the weird one below. In the earlier, more coherent messages he's very insistent, guilt-trippy, pushy, and brags about having copious amounts of resources in order to entice this woman out there. Fortunately she never went, and the only time that they met in person was once at some sort of hippie gathering. They laid in a truck together tripping on something, he got kind of pushy with her physically and kept attempting to press boundaries. Of course this is all alleged. But the screenshots of the messages are not.

5- Nearly a year after Ericka vanished, Hopkins allegedly 'found' a hat, homemade bong, and lighter that belonged to her. This was approximately 11 days after he had been released from the Josephine County Jail on reckless driving, reckless endangerment, and possession of methamphetamine charges.
The items were located on the outskirts of the property that she vanished from, in a somewhat wooded area. From what I could find out, they did seem as though they had been out there for a while. Still, in nearly a year's time you'd think that he'd be scouring the area for her or some sign of her. Not to mention, there had been previously conducted searches, complete with tracker dogs, that did not pick up on these items immediately after her disappearance.

6- While Harry Oakes, the 'dog guy' that Ericka's family hired, claims that her scent led in the direction of Bend, his techniques have been scrutinized by other members of the search-and-rescue dog handler community.
Yeah, people might just be talking out of their rear ends, but this is something that I feel is important to at least consider in this situation. A lot of people claim that he tells his clients what they want to hear. Is this a normal thing to accuse people in this field of?

Attachments

• April2019.png
    April2019.png
    276 KB · Views: 11
**Bump for Ericka**

No UP exclusions listed.

1671300169299.jpeg1671300191018.jpeg

Ericka Hogg was last seen on May 17, 2018 walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road in Selma, OR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7
Back