OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Kyron mentioned any bullying behavior at school? Or was he having trouble in any subject.

The reason I ask, is that my son (when in kindergarten) ran away from school. God bless his teacher, because when roll was taken a classmate told her that he was on the bus and should be in class. The kindergarten teacher walked down to the office expecting to find my son there and perhaps sick and calling home. He wasn't there. Instead, he and a friend had hidden behind a bathroom door and left the campus after the late bell rang. He was located safe on the middle school's playground (he had scaled a 6 foot chain linked fence to gain access) 45 minutes later. He left because he wasn't a good reader and didn't want to be at school.
Just trying to think like a 7 year old...

I think by this time LE would have spoken to all or most of the adults were working in the building on Friday. Today is the day they are talking to parents who came and went that day. This makes me think they did not glean much from the staff. I feel certain they would have focused on any temp or substitute staff especially, if present. I think what they are looking for today is anyone who saw stepmother leave the premises or who call the child at all that day and try to pin down times. All of these parents have probably thought of little else since they heard he was missing and can probably reconstruct the day at this early date.

It would be good to know if his stuff was still in classroom...but it does not really prove anything either way. Most kids won't go far without their "stuff".

Does anyone know why the 16 year old son lives with his grandparents rather than either his bio mother or father?

Does anyone know why the 16 year old son lives with his grandparents rather than either his bio mother or father?

I asked this same question, no response yet....I think it could help with the family dynamics to know this.

Has anyone seen any statement from Kyron's dad or biological mother?

Had Kyron mentioned any bullying behavior at school? Or was he having trouble in any subject.

The reason I ask, is that my son (when in kindergarten) ran away from school. God bless his teacher, because when roll was taken a classmate told her that he was on the bus and should be in class. The kindergarten teacher walked down to the office expecting to find my son there and perhaps sick and calling home. He wasn't there. Instead, he and a friend had hidden behind a bathroom door and left the campus after the late bell rang. He was located safe on the middle school's playground (he had scaled a 6 foot chain linked fence to gain access) 45 minutes later. He left because he wasn't a good reader and didn't want to be at school.
Just trying to think like a 7 year old...

This is a good thought. My friends son recently left school and walked to Boys and Girls Club after being bullied. He didn't mention to teacher or anyone, just left. You just never know what a child will do when they feel uncomfortable or threatned.

Question... would you send your child to school on Monday if no more information is released by tonight?

I pretty much guarantee that my son would be at home tomorrow, were he elementary-school age and nothing more is known tonight than is today.

Has anyone seen any statement from Kyron's dad or biological mother?

Only what's on FB. She says that she will tell more when she's able to, and that the media has it all wrong, so don't believe what you read. Also, today, she says that she's going to have 1000 fliers delivered to her home, and that friends can come by and pick them up to distribute.

That's basically it.

This thread is getting long. It will be locked shortly.

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5255740"]OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just thinking about 911 calls and how the perp usually establishes their "aliby" right away. It would be nice if we could hear the 911 call made. I'm not indicating stepmom but we also at this point can't rule anyone out.

I watched him walk towards his classroom and left statement could be something to think about though.

I find it strange that she is posting on FB but still has daughters picture up and not one of missing stepson she raised from infancy. Maybe she just hasn't thought to change that, but if my son or stepson were missing, I really don't think I would even be thinking about posting on FB :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror