OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part that makes me more nervous is there was a science fair and a talent show going on that day. That brought more strangers into contact with him. It wasn't a normal school day. If he was taken it is going to be someone familiar with the school. Perhaps an extended family member of someone who attends there. However if no one has to sign in and wear a visitor pass, there is no telling what kind of creep could have been lurking there.

Praying for this adorable little guy and his loved ones. Be home safe and soon, Kyron.

Wonder if any child predators have been released from prison recently - someone said there were no sex offenders within a mile, but what about those who have yet to register.

I can just see this little guy helping someone out - he seems very industrious.

Regarding other children: The school goes up to the 8th grade and if there was a bully or a child he didn't get along with, one would think the school and LE would know right away to question that child. moo

This has probably been posted and I just missed it, but won't hurt to repost it anyway.

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/kyron-horman

I just realized the Captain talked about a 911 call in the conference, but didn't
really think about it until I saw it in the above link.

snip
Captain Jason Gates of the Multnomah County sheriff's office said Saturday that police received a 9-1-1 call at 3:45 Friday afternoon.

What?? Did I miss something??

I just realized the Captain talked about a 911 call in the conference, but didn't
really think about it until I saw it in the above link.

snip
Captain Jason Gates of the Multnomah County sheriff's office said Saturday that police received a 9-1-1 call at 3:45 Friday afternoon.

What?? Did I miss something??

Probably his stepmother calling when he did not come home on the bus.

I think kids tend to exagerate a bit about seeing "creeps" etc. when they think something has already happened...IMO...so not taking that too seriously at this point...I don't think kids would be looking at lone adults in the excitement of a special day at school, etc...

The part that makes me more nervous is there was a science fair and a talent show going on that day. That brought more strangers into contact with him. It wasn't a normal school day. If he was taken it is going to be someone familiar with the school. Perhaps an extended family member of someone who attends there. However if no one has to sign in and wear a visitor pass, there is no telling what kind of creep could have been lurking there.

And it was advertised on their sign. I think someone went there with the intention of taking a child. I also don't believe having to sign in would have deterred them, either.

The thing about stranger danger is most kids are taken by someone they know. Many times it is the other parent if custody is an issue and many times it is someone that got to know the child well enough to get them to go somewhere with them and not be afraid. Predators groom the child before hand so they go willingly. So is he didn't wonder off, they need to look at anyone he talked to and do lots of background checks. Not everyone is in the system either; not until they are caught.

Oh my. This poor little boy. I hope he just wandered off and is safe, and wasn't taken. :(

Also, in Oregon, when you look up a registered sex offender on the State website, they only give information of people that have been deemed "predatory".

ALL sex offenders have to register with the local PD their name and address whenever they move, for life, but this does not go to the public website unless they have been deemed "predatory".

This means there are A LOT LOT LOT more sex offenders living near us that we do not know about here in Oregon.

Even sex offenders that are not supposed to be around children are not on that website if they have not been deemed predatory.

Also, in Oregon, when you look up a registered sex offender on the State website, they only give information of people that have been deemed "predatory".

ALL sex offenders have to register with the local PD their name and address whenever they move, for life, but this does not go to the public website unless they have been deemed "predatory".

This means there are A LOT LOT LOT more sex offenders living near us that we do not know about here in Oregon.

Even sex offenders that are not supposed to be around children are not on that website if they have not been deemed predatory.

And then those are just the ones who've been caught.

Also sex offenders aren't supposed to live near schools. I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to list their address if it were close to a school.

Yehp! I've known about that for a long time and it ticks me off to no end!

Just got home and am heartbroken that Kyron hasn't been found safe and sound! :(

Oh my. All the activities that day creates a huge suspect list. I am praying hard for you to come home adorable little guy!!!

That's interesting!. Wonder how the state defines 'predatory'. No wonder those in Oregon say - oh, only one SO around. moo

This reminds me of a situation in a local school where a man, magician or something, came to the school to do a show and afterwards ask a little girl to help him put some things in his van and took her with him to his residence. She was immediately missed and located a few hours later. Then, everything was hushed up. I've been looking for the story but couldn't locate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976