OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so much has been donated they dont have any where to store it all and so want to use what they have up first?

That is exactly the explanation gave. It's posted upthread somewhere.

Can someone please paraphrase during the conference? I'm (ummm) working. lol Thanks in advance!!

This is exactly what my research showed so we are officially calling the info about the appointment and the pick up of the project as rumor and off the threads!
thank you.

We've been trying to kill both of those rumors for almost a week now. But like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going and going....no matter how many times we wack them down.

Maybe so much has been donated they dont have any where to store it all and so want to use what they have up first?

Yes, that is what the article posted earlier indicated. They had received plenty of donations of water and food.

We've been trying to kill both of those rumors for almost a week now. But like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going and going....no matter how many times we wack them down.

I know. It would be cool if we could get a sticky where we could post confirmed facts and cite the sources.

I saw on one of the local news sites that you could still donate money, to offset cost of search and/or to go toward missing childrens' funds...just no water and food right now.

Its very sunny and pretty in Portland today. I'm jealous. It's Juneuary and 52 degrees where I'm at.

I saw on one of the local news sites that you could still donate money, to offset cost of search and/or to go toward missing childrens' funds...just no water and food right now.

Oh, okay. On FB it said money, and that's what I was reacting to--food and water doesn't surprise me, but everyone has room for more money. :)

I'm relieved.

That is exactly the explanation gave. It's posted upthread somewhere.

It would be nice if they gave the extra to a womans or homeless shelter. There is never too much donated anything.

Regarding the report of a subsitute and her alleged statement about Kyron being missing and the other teacher I snipped this portion of an article:

Portland Public School spokesman Matt Shelby said the account can't be true: "There were no substitutes at the school that day (the day Kyron disappeared)," he said.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Do the teachers have helpers or aides, maybe he just confused the name and called her a sub.

I am not considering what the child in the newspaper said as "fact", to me it goes in the "rumors" catagory, as it has not been backed up by any other source that I am aware of. I think he was confused...

This may be be-laboring a point I made earlier, however.....

....that science project was certainly an EXCEPTIONAL effort. It was organized and structured and very visually stunning. I don't believe Kyron did the majority of the work putting it together, and indeed we have been told in a news reports that his SM helped him with it.

My sense is that there was pressure to do an exceptional effort on this project. The pressure certainly could have come from Kyron himself. He may be a perfectionist at his young age. At the very least, I would guess he is a high-achiever, perhaps even an over-achiever, judging by this project. I have not heard mention of his standing in his class, and indeed on the surface it wouldn't be pertinent to finding him. Yet if he DID have usually high expectations of himself, falling short of that may have played a role in his disappearance.

Were the science fair projects judged, and were awards and winners designated?
IMO, it was more likely that Kyron's stepmom (the previous teacher) had to make Kyron's project better than the other children's projects. Some parents feel that their kid's school work is a personal reflection of their competency. After raising 3 boys and working as a mental health practitioner for decades, I know that age 7 is NOT an age where children become highly competitive or establish perfect expectations for themselves UNLESS a mentally unhealthy parent has unfortunately influenced their behavior.

IMO, parents that complete their children's assignments (when their child could have completed it) are projecting. This activity (projection) shows the narcissism of the parent. The child's work is not good enough and in an unhealthy parent's mind, the child's imperfections bring the parent shame.

Okay, it almost killed me but I'm back with what I think I read to ask that question about pumpkin patches on sauvie island.

lol.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

there ya go.

now, I'm going to take a posting nap to recover from all this "link-please" that I caused for myself. :floorlaugh:

lol, I know.. sometimes you wonder if it's worth it (if I never meet another wiki again in my life it'll be too soon).
Thank you! :D

If it makes you feel any better, I've been crazy-making on www.portlandmaps.com.. why is the crime mapping turned OFF in that part of town. :frown: KATU has the data up on their website, but it all comes from the same place.

Regarding the report of a subsitute and her alleged statement about Kyron being missing and the other teacher I snipped this portion of an article:

Portland Public School spokesman Matt Shelby said the account can't be true: "There were no substitutes at the school that day (the day Kyron disappeared)," he said.

Shelby thinks Pumala may be confused because all week after the disappearance a subsitute teacher has been at the school to help with the stress of the Horman case.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Maybe it was a parent volunteer and he assumed it was a substitute.

Thank you for the presser link (I believe it was SuziQ). Is your sound off, too?

Disregard -- it just popped in :).

we've been trying to kill both of those rumors for almost a week now. But like the energizer bunny, they keep going and going and going....no matter how many times we wack them down.
don't give up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member