OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter asked if it is true that some people have refused to let their property be searched, and the captain replied yes that is true.
Probably people growing pot LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
(Thanks PDX for the transcription)

Was Kyron in a good mood the AM he disappeared?
He was very excited about his diorama that he & his DAD have been working on. Kyron did a lot of it himself.

Bzzzt. Wrong. The stepmother claimed that she had helped him do it. Said she told him where to put things and that she laminated the project. Again, who knows.
Where is that info from, puf?

TIA

Oh, and if dad helped that means it's not possible that stepmom (or brother or cousin or neighbor) also helped?

1st post here and sorry if I don't do it right . . .

I'm assuming that the laminated comment refers to the display, since it does look laminated (though I don't think I've seen that SM said that). The diorama is the box scene in front of the display. So IF SM said she helped with the board, that doesn't preclude the Dad from helping with the diorama. Nor does it precluded both, helping with both.

Did you see the presser when the officer stressed the word "DAD?"

Why not say "parents?" That would be the truth.

In fact I think they suspect that Kyron may never be found and knows the parents may have to deal with this agony for the rest of their lives. So that is why he knows they must stay strong minded and healthy to be able to endure this if it goes on for a long time or if Kyron is never found.

IMO

I totally agree with the above...:sick:

And that deer-in-the-headlights look told me she knew it as soon as she said it.

I really think she meant they were making progress because they have searched so many places now and knows where he is not so they can keep searching where he may be that they havent searched yet.

IMO

I agree with you. Could be why they have asked that people no longer donate. Just a guess.

Usually when they ask for a pause in donations of food and drinks, it's because they've a) run out of storage space, or b) have so much food that it will go bad before the people could possibly eat it all, or c) both.

And that deer-in-the-headlights look told me she knew it as soon as she said it.

IMO I think it was a brilliant answer. ITA it sounded like an obvious or even dumb answer, but I took it to mean there aren't too many more places he could be. Couple that with some property owners refusing searches, and IMO things could develop very quickly in the next day or two.

Even so, I still hope he is out there and drinking water!

Where is that info from, puf?

TIA
NOt speaking for puf, but per my recollection...
Re: info on assembling the diorama
I'm afraid that might be old FB info that is no longer public.

I wonder if Officer feel good realizes he was BS'd?

The diorama was not the part that was laminated....I think it is quite logical that the SM helped with the display board and the dad with the diorama. Why would that be so hard to understand, and why in the world does it matter to anyone who helped him with what part? Sorry, but if the point is to help find Kyron....nitpicking about such things isn't going to do it. They did it as a family to help Kyron, so good for them, and good for Kyron to know that both his dad and SM care and want him to do well in school.

jmoo of course

Probably people growing pot LOL.

Haha... that's what I thought yesterday. They said that they don't care about stuff like that, but you know they make a mental note that Farmer Bob isn't just growing peanuts out there on Sixth Avenue.

:)

:cat:
I know people have ask this question before but have they given all the family poly tests?

It's pretty standard in missing children cases. Whether they have or not and if they passed or not, is not being shared by LE.

And all the missing children help sites recommends the same thing to parents that the officer encouraged them to do.

He said none of them wanted to do anything normal because nothing was normal now that Kyron is missing but he urged them to do so because they must maintain their mind and body to endure all of this.

IMO

BBM This was my point - I think it's turning into a "who dunnit" rather than what is should be a true SAR. It must have been heartbreaking for all to get the parents out there in an attempt at normality - they are in an abnormal situation. I feel they (parents) are darned if they do and darned if they don't.

How so? I missed the very beginning but not much. What I missed was WHO answered these questions that were emailed from the media? I "assumed" that the family answered them - how would this officer know these things about Kyron? So, if the family, in fact, did supply the answers then we can take it as DAD helped with the Science Fair project with Kyron doing most of the diarama.

As for the "mundane" aspect of the questions - remember LE asked to meet with the media "behind closed doors" the other day - so we really don't know what "guidelines" the media is operating under with LE.

I was specifically responding to a posters recollection that SM took credit for helping on his project.

How exactly can the person doing a PC be "too close " to the family? what does that mean and what are the ramifications? I saw this posted a couple times and I don't understand.

I know, right? "Oh yes, we're making progess! We've searched this 5 sq mile area, so we know where he's NOT!" Ok, only 5,684,396,278 square miles to go. Let me know how that works out for you.

That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard in a press conference. Including Dan Quayle.

Maybe that's a line they've been using to keep the searchers from becoming sad and discouraged.

I'm sad and discouraged. Too many cases where nothing is ever known about what happened to a child. You never expect it. You always think at the beginning that any moment now . . .

Usually when they ask for a pause in donations of food and drinks, it's because they've a) run out of storage space, or b) have so much food that it will go bad before the people could possibly eat it all, or c) both.

Exactly.

He did say they are continuing to accept cash donations for the search efforts.

I'm confused. Under what circumstances would the truth be that it's not possible to find Kyron by searching as they are?

Meaning if they know he's being held for ransom, or they know he's been abducted... but they are doing the search to make it appear as if he just walked away. Or if they know that he's been killed and he is probably in another location, but they are only searching that location as a secondary location.

If they know that he is NOT where they are searching... then they aren't going to find him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth