OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly can the person doing a PC be "too close " to the family? what does that mean and what are the ramifications? I saw this posted a couple times and I don't understand.

He's called Kyron "our boy," --has taken on the plural possessive in many instances in the discussion of Kyron and the family.

Kyron was going to go here?Do you know where it is?They said Kyron IS looking forward to his annual trip (Shasta Lake), Seaside OR
new fishing pole.. camping & fishing trips.Where else did he say he was going to go?Have they checked there?

The diorama was not the part that was laminated....I think it is quite logical that the SM helped with the display board and the dad with the diorama. Why would that be so hard to understand, and why in the world does it matter to anyone who helped him with what part? Sorry, but if the point is to help find Kyron....nitpicking about such things isn't going to do it. They did it as a family to help Kyron, so good for them, and good for Kyron to know that both his dad and SM care and want him to do well in school.

jmoo of course

I think it speaks to control issues, and like others have stated earlier, a competitiveness being foisted on this child. MOO.

Am I watching The Truman Show? Is Balloon Boy here? Where am I? WHO am I? WTH is going on? ahh... thanks for letting me vent...

The idea that the media is working under any guidelines from LE or the family is disturbing.

It's disturbing and uncomfortable. That's why there are open door laws on public meetings. It's to keep people in control honest and on the up and up. Alot of people slam the media, but the media serves a purpose as well.

Hi Scandi! :blowkiss:

Here is the info about the "white pick up truck" - totally unrelated to vw Kyron look-a-like.

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html
Thanks Jules, I would think if a lady like this took Kyron she would have him tucked away in her house and not out in the woods, right? Even if he had died somehow I still couldn't see her putting him out in the woods. A woman has been speculated by some people to have taken him for a love interest is why I say that. xox

Reporter asked if it is true that some people have refused to let their property be searched, and the captain replied yes that is true.

So they are not going to search those places??? I would be going back with a warrant.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say that the family has been totally cleared of any wrongdoing? Just move on? How the family deals with the reality of what may happen doesn't have anything to do with whatever happened to Kyron.

They are not going to rule anyone in or out. They are not even saying this is a criminal investigation.

Each department deals with it the way they see fit.

This is the way this department thinks they should deal with it.

Keeping their mind and body healthy certainly could enter into the case. If he has been taken and the perp makes contact with any of the family members they will have to be very alert on what they should say to him/her.

I think these officers are filled with compassion for this entire grieving family. I am sure most of them have children of their own and would want someone to come out and support them too if God forbid it happened to one of their children.

IMO

How exactly can the person doing a PC be "too close " to the family? what does that mean and what are the ramifications? I saw this posted a couple times and I don't understand.

I agree.

Family Liaison Officers are meant to be just that. Close to the family.

FLOs are usually assigned any situation where a point of contact between the family and the police is deemed essential, such as a high profile murder investigation, or a case of a missing child.

It can't be family, because LE has said since June 5 (presser, media thread) that the family is 'absolutely cooperating' with them.

Plenty, plenty of cases on here where LE said that right up until they arrested a family member.

Where is that info from, puf?

TIA

Oh, and if dad helped that means it's not possible that stepmom (or brother or cousin or neighbor) also helped?

Did you see the presser when the officer stressed the word "DAD?"

Why not say "parents?" That would be the truth.

Oh, okay. He stressed the DAD. So the DAD helped with the diorama. He didn't say anything at all about the display. Now I'll assume that the DAD helped with the diorama. I'll make no assumptions about the display, since I haven't seen anything definitive about who helped with that.

Q: Do you feel like you're closer to finding Kyron?

A: Absolutely, Absolutely.

Q: Why

A: Because we know where he is not so that means that we're closer to where he is.

=/

I think we've actually heard Tim Miller say this. IIRC, JHMO
If you ask me for a link, I'll cry though.

Did you see the presser when the officer stressed the word "DAD?"

Why not say "parents?" That would be the truth.

I apologize.. the officer did not stress 'dad'.. I typed that in caps because it conflicted w/a previous report and is the first we've heard of dad at home.
pdx

Heading out to my father's 80th birthday party. Had hoped today would be the day that this child would be found. Still daylight, but hope is diminishing.

Everyone have a good Saturday evening.

I can speak to the laminating comment. SM probably laminated the "headings" that were used on the board. Science Fair projects follow steps: you have to have a hypothesis, data, reserach or background, statement of the problem, etc. etc. Any parents out there that have ever done one know what I'm talking about. It looked like the headings on his board were laminated. You can't laminate the entire board - I've never seen a laminator big enough to run a display board through.

As for the judging. We don't know if the projects were judged. Every Science Fair I've ever participated in - yes ALL the projects were judged - right down to the kindergarten ones - but our K and 1st grade teachers always did class projects. I've seen them judged two different ways - sometimes they get "community members" to judge - they might have a doctor, lawyer, I even saw a county commissioner judge one year. Usually the projects are broken into the "type of science" - earth, biology, physical, etc. and each grade is judged independently of the other grades. Ribbons are usually awarded and palced on the board - 1st, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention (usually LOTS of those).

Down here - the 1st and 2nd place winners in every Science Fair are then taken to the County Fair and displayed and judged there as a group as well. I know this because my 5th grade class project one year got an Honorable Mention at the County Fair.

Just some useless information.............WHERE ARE YOU KYRON????

I just clicked on the link to the video where the student says the substitute and teacher had the conversation you mention. On the same page as the video is a quote from a police official saying that the child was mistaken, because there was NO substitute in the classroom that day. The police official believed the child who made the statement had his days mixed up.

I am thinking the child is correct about the day - I just think he referred to a parent volunteer as a sub. It was stated earlier on that the groups would be headed by a parent volunteer.

Why wouldn't someone let LE search their property?

1.I live in the country in another state. We have the "property rights" people here who I believe would not allow it under principle. Not all, but I bet a lot would have that reaction.

2. Govt and LE paranoids-like the people who will not fill out the census forms.

3. People who are concealing criminal activity. Drugs, burglary items, other things?

4. People who are just plain anti-social and don't care about anyone or anything but themselves.

5. They have Kyron.

Yes.
Yes X5. :)

About the pic posted up thread showing Kyron's classroom. The stairs are right there.
Entertain the possibility that that might NOT be Kyron's classroom. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3