OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no one has commented on my post a couple of pages ago - boo hoo - Just kidding.

Anyway - I was thinking the perp could be an older student at the school.

Could we throw out reasons that this would not fit with what we know - and how LE acts?

I can only think of maybe the horse pasture search - it is too far away.

Unless....let me stretch my imagination a bit....what if Kyron's family has been made aware of police suspicions....and Dad knows the perps family has ties to this pasture....he thinks maybe the kid perp could have had some help after the fact - so his mind goes to the pasture?

There were a bunch of kids absent after this happened - parents kept them home and such. Those otherwise understandable days off could have given someone a legitimate excuse not to talk to LE right away.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is requesting recorded video images that may have been recorded from store fronts, private residences, security or any other surveillance recording for June 3, 2010 and June 4 2010 to add to current video collected in the continuing search for Kyron Horman. Video is sought specifically of vehicular traffic from the following locations:
NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.
Anyone possessing recorded video capturing the areas listed above on June 3rd or June 4th is urged to contact our tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave your name, contact information, preserve the recording and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

bbm
That is what stood out to me. June 3rd.

Cap'n Shultz: Yesterday we had the family up here, they gave statements thanking the community. That was very, very stressful for the family. Very difficult.
But, we asked for a few simple questions (note: email acct was closed at 11am local today).. we did get a number of questions, five came up over and over again.
Yet another added stress for the family, but I told them it would be good for them.

What is Kyron's favorite color?
Red, as it turns out.

What is Kyron like? What is his standout attribute.
Very quiet & loving. Warmth & enthusiasm.
Bootsie is the 'security' cat (pet). Kyron likes playing with the cat.
Ernie is their canine (dog to the rest of us, lol)
Quick witted & makes any situation funny. Looks up to his big brothers.

What does Kyron want to be when he grows up?
A police investigator/detective.

What was Kyron looking
Kyron IS looking forward to his annual trip (Shasta Lake), Seaside OR
new fishing pole.. camping & fishing trips

The tshirts family wore yesterday.
Collaboration with Lithia (Medford car dealer) and.. XX?

Was Kyron in a good mood the AM he disappeared.
He was very excited about his diorama that he & his DAD have been working on. Kyron did a lot of it himself.

Shultz has 2 more questions to answer.

Why is the family not helping out in the search.
Family did take some steps, plus called the police. Family became exhausted by that evening. Had done everything *they* could do.. needed LE resources.
LE needs them to be close and available to help professional searchers.
Preparing family for a long-term event.

(again with the 'our boy' from Shultz) :blink:

2nd Q: Why was the family seen getting out of the house running errands, going to gym etc.
The public doesn't have all the information & context.
We asked them to keep that balance in their lives. Family says we can't maintain 'normal' activity because 'normal' includes Kyron!

Family has been bringing a regular rotation of friends to the house to help them.

I don't know when the family is going to be able to come back up here (to answer Qs). It's a day by day thing now.
They do thank you for assisting them.. keep the focus on Kyron.

Turning back to Cap'n Riser.
We don't want to disclose specific search area because we are having a LOT of interference. Distracts searchers. We are trying to keep the media away.

Did parents speaking affect # of tips?
Tips at this point are very manageable. The increase in tips has not been overwhelming.

Have you heard from anyone today, who's been out & about?
I haven't checked tip desk lately.

Won't talk about details of search.
(SAR Olsen speaking)
Over 300 boots on ground/SAR today. Trying to keep team at a manageable size. All areas are flooded right now.

Some areas require 3 different types of search.. dogs, feet, feet again

Over the years, cougar, bear, coyote have been reported in the area. (NOT recently)

Overwhelmed with generosity of donations food/water (my paraphrase)

Keep your eyes & ears open.

How long can you keep up the current pace?
I don't know. We are going to go full steam ahead until we feel we can't anymore.

Do you feel like every day you are making headway?
Absolutely! Because we know every day where he is not and feel we are getting closer to where he IS.

No idea (as searchers) where he is. We have to look at all possibilities.
Actively looking for Kyron alive.

Is the case moving in the direction of a criminal case?
Olsen: not for me.
other guy: it's *an* investigation.

Reports of river dredging?
Whenever you do any search...blah blah.

thank you very much.
/end

pdx - thank you so much for this! :blowkiss: clear and factual and I find it informative. The more I find out about little Kyron's dreams and who he is as a little person, the more credible my thoughts are about what he may or may do - even though it's speculation, it has a bit of substance.

It was said that SM ran errands after she left the school. I'm quite sure that has been looked into. Various stores, banks, wherever she went probably one or more had cameras and verified that she was, in fact, there. Just because LE hasn't come out and said this - doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. If anything was amiss from investigating these errands than I think we would have known it.

How would we know about it? If anyone asked LE we'd hear "no comment". This LE is not volunteering any info unless it's non investigative.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is requesting recorded video images that may have been recorded from store fronts, private residences, security or any other surveillance recording for June 3, 2010 and June 4 2010 to add to current video collected in the continuing search for Kyron Horman. Video is sought specifically of vehicular traffic from the following locations:
NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.
Anyone possessing recorded video capturing the areas listed above on June 3rd or June 4th is urged to contact our tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave your name, contact information, preserve the recording and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

And one day before he went missing?
I looked at the FBI most wanted..Could this have been a vendetta against K's step dad?. To hit that list so fast?

about the request of videos. WHY are they only asking for this now?

this should have been requested asap, IMO.

I also think they should check the school bus videos.

To anyone's knowledge, has a missing child ever been atop the FBI's most wanted list? Or anywhere on it, for that matter? Ever?

What is up with this?
Just another weird thing in this case.

Most Wanted Lists are for CRIMINALS. Aren't they?

Also, why no Amber Alert? One was put out for HaLeigh Cummings and there was no more information than in this case. Maybe less.

I wonder why they are looking for that.WOW.

Good question. It's certainly a different angle than a child wandering into the woods on his own. Asking for that information at this late date may mean they have nothing and are brainstorming anything they can think of just to get a lead.

Which is not good on day 9, to say the least.

Or, they do know who is involved and are gathering whatever scraps of information they can to strengthen an arrest warrant.

Also not good.

What in God's name is going on here???

bbm
That is what stood out to me. June 3rd.

Thinking outloud about the request for video footage from the area going back to the day before Kyron vanished... could this be to add/eliminate vehicles that were already parked or in the area previously (to match against more recent footage) ?
OR
they may have a specific vehicle in mind and they want to know if it was in the area (staking out?) before the incident?

I have not seen word from LE that any individual person has been officially ruled out. (there is a link on the previous page with what I think is a newer media article indicating such).

I haven't even seen a word that there are suspects or POI in this case.

Gates refuses to call Kyron's disappearance a criminal investigation. So if it isn't a criminal investigation yet the of course there would be no suspects or POI to rule in or out at this time.

IMO

Originally Posted by darlin gal

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/im...eo_Footage.doc

Ansewring myself....

I guess this would contradict my idea of a kid perp.

Why do you think they think the real perp is within 2 miles of the school? I thought they were searching for Kyron w/in 2 mi? :waitasec:
LE has not ruled out that there is a perpetrator in this crime. They are searching for Kyron and possibly a perpetrator.

I seriously wonder about witness protection program at this point... or Illuminati... lol I think I gotta step away for a while; it's getting to bizzaro for me right at this minute.

But, wouldn't reporters be asking relevant questions; questions about the investigation? My guess, when they allowed questions to be emailed to them for later (very strange) they were setting up a situation where they could say they allowed questions to be sent in, yet they choose the inane ones, ones that are meaningless as far as what is really going on with the investigation.

I see a number of a posts along the line as this. Just because they aren't releasing to the general public what is really going on with the investigation - doesn't mean there isn't progress within their investigation.

MY husband and I used to teach about stranger danger with a group called The Good Knights. We had our own group, but we used their format and DVD and books, hand outs. There were 10 things predators used to get your child. I don't remember all ten but we used to teach the kids and with in an hour they knew them. The biggest one, was they approached a child they knew, maybe in the neighborhood or where they worked, if there where kids. They asked for the child to come to the car and help them bring something into a building. When we would go to the place were we were setting up, there would be all kinds of kids waiting for us to present this program. We were dressed as Knights and had swords, my husband wore a chest plate or armor, we looked the part. The first thing we did was test the kids. We went into the building, the kids were running around and we picked a kid and ask them to come out to the parking lot and help us carry in stuff. Every kid we asked, did it. Not one said, no you are a stranger and refused. Once the program started we used that as an example of what never to do, no matter how well you knew the person. An adult should always ask another adult to help them, not kids.

I think they are asking for the video, again, to cover all bases...another form of CYA...

Just another weird thing in this case.

Most Wanted Lists are for CRIMINALS. Aren't they?

Also, why no Amber Alert? One was put out for HaLeigh Cummings and there was no more information than in this case. Maybe less.

The Amber Alert issue was dealt with in PC earlier this week; this case didn't meet the AA criteria (license plate etc). IE it wasn't the appropriate tool.

I'm still taken aback that finding Kyron is of a higher importance than finding Osama Bin Laden! (Of course he is, but you know what I mean...) I gotta think on that one...

I'm taking a step back too. This case is very, very different. What is going on here?

If they have ruled anyone out, they are not telling. I believe the last word on it was a week ago when the sheriff said (paraphrased), "Everyone is of interest to us."

I went back to the beginning of this case this morning and found it very strange that in the first day or so LE had no problem giving information. The time SM and Kyron were at the school, that SM left at 8:45, that Kyron was seen by the south entrance after that, that the teacher had marked Kyron absent. It was pretty standard at the beginning. Then something happened that brought all information sharing to a halt. They wouldn't even answer the same questions they had freely answered before.

Something happened a day or two into this investigation, but I don't know what it was.

This question also came up in the PC on Friday.. a reporter also noticed that something happened to change the tone of communications about mid week.
Of course, Riser said 'I can't comment on that' or some version of the same. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members