OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fall on the side that if telling the public nothing is how LE collects rock solid evidence to put this monster away forever, I'm good with that.

I'd agree with that if there were statistics saying that was true. Do you have any stats showing transparency vs saying nothing in regards to how many missing children cases are solved? I'd really like to get my hands on them.

TIA

The FBI was "profiling" their actions. They gave them permission to do "anything" they wanted to do and so the family members did......and it was seemed inappropriate to many.

They did? Wow, I'm so naive that I never considered this. Although I must say if I had a child and that child was missing, I'd have to be sedated I'd be so distraught. When my dog was diagnosed with cancer (2 months ago) I cried for days and she's still here/with me. With a child missing I'd likely have to be hospitalized, the grief would consume me. There'd be nothing 'normal' to my life from that point until I had some resolution.

They were showing the media the maps after the pc ended. Did I hear LE say "pings"???

I had a hard time hearing the audio even with my volume way up - next time I'll use headphones.

Hate typing this. Like someone earlier said, maybe a shoe washed up on the shore of the river, and they're now just waiting for the body to wash up.

I have it directly from the mouth of a homicide investigator within the last few minutes that they would never "just wait" for a body to wash up. If they have any indication that there is a body in the water, they would be sending in divers, and dragging with boats and using sonar and any other equipment that is available. NO ONE could possibly imply that LE would be so irresponsible as to just let this go until "something washes up" if they had found a shoe or any other item to indicate where this poor child might be!

jmoo.....plus that of a LE professional

I posted on last thread other reasons the parents would have gone to gym.

I guess you all can keep on this track. You may be right after all.

But considering that these people and those who love and care for them can read every word here, and that this has been going on for 12 threads now, if you all turn out to be wrong will there be just as many public apologies for accusing them of the most heinous crime any parent could be accused of?

BBM. That is my point! I can not fathom the fear and mixed emotions that would course through my veins if my child were to disappear. I am online a lot too. Reading anything that would imply I would be responsible would probably more than devastate me.

I know we all want to help and we want to explore all options which we should; but, I disagree w/ posting anything implying the parents are responsible until there is proof of that. I would hate to think that I were the cause of pushing an already distraught family member over the edge.

I found that same info, Pensfan! I just really hope & pray she wasn't involved. Maybe it was somebody from school...a sub, another student, a parent or guest that came in for the science fair...anybody else...
Yes, I wanted that also. It always hurts even more to think that someone who should have been protecting a precious child may have hurt them. Very sad.

It is now a criminal investigation. SAR from other areas are being sent home. LE is now talking up the reward. They want videos from around specific areas (can't remember some) and from the school from the Thursday and Friday of disappearance.

I imagine lots of parents had their cameras at the school that day. Did someone finally find a photo/video that led LE to a suspect? Sometimes the video has to be sent to a special lab to see specific things like tag numbers or blurry subjects.

Yes, and I think many people are going to be shocked by who makes that confession.

I don't think many will be surprised...not here anyway. But we will all be heart broken.

The FBI was "profiling" their actions. They gave them permission to do "anything" they wanted to do and so the family members did......and it was seemed inappropriate to many.

Exactly!

BBM

Thanks. I saw that. Just wondering how we got from that to the none-too-subtle "someone could harm a child whose safety is entrusted to him or her".

Not to speak for pufnstuf, but this could mean a number of persons; teachers, subs, aids, maintenance staff, etc.

Well I am very sad about this.I just want them to find him.Please don't leave him out there.They need to find him.What are they planning now to do now that it is a criminal investigation.

has there been a video put up of the press conference yet? I've been searching and can't seem to find one.

I have it directly from the mouth of a homicide investigator within the last few minutes that they would never "just wait" for a body to wash up. If they have any indication that there is a body in the water, they would be sending in divers, and dragging with boats and using sonar and any other equipment that is available. NO ONE could possibly imply that LE would be so irresponsible as to just let this go until "something washes up" if they had found a shoe or any other item to indicate where this poor child might be!

jmoo.....plus that of a LE professional

Of course they would. But ground searchers wouldn't be needed anymore if the child is believed to be in the Columbia.

I appreciate you finding my post important enough that you needed to validate it with your professional investigative source. Tell him/her thanks for the info.

If they are anything like MC in Haleighs case.The confession will never come.It's sad.

No, I don't think this person is anything like MC. I think this crime was personal, maybe even inevitable. I also think someone should have seen it coming - and will, in retrospect. This was not a stranger. I feel very, very strongly about that.

I don't think a reward would be offered if they had found anything at all, i.e. a shoe or something else, instead they would focus solely on that area and stop searching in other areas. Something else had to happen to point them toward a person in order to call it criminal and stop searching for now. That probably means some video that contradicts a prior statement or something of that sort. I think they have a "who" in mind and have an idea of a "where" but not specific enough to continue to search and the "who" isn't talking. JMO

100% wrong that she only had 2 pictures until them. She has albums and albums with tons of pics. Only two albums are public to all.

Maybe we can get a clarification so it will finally be settled?

Just remember that FB is an iffy posting topic here, so I'm not sure how that clarification would occur. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966