OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if they were able to determine, with a 99% confidence level, exactly who was the last person at the school to see Kyron before he went missing?

Does anyone know if they have AND have they said who it is?

No, they haven't. That seems to be one of the biggest questions around here. I understand why they aren't releasing it but I would love to hear that info!

I so agree with you BB, and I think it should start with the opening of the school doors. SM and Kyron were there at 8am, right?
I wish the parents would organize this. The mind is a wonderful thing. The truth is tucked away in someone's mind and they don't even know it.

Even the knowledge that this day was coming, when official searching would halt, does not make it easier to accept. I am kind of startled that it ended so abruptly and not continued through the end of today to close out the weekend, but perhaps they knew it was futile and wanted to let volunteers get back home before the new week starts.

The fact that they have been saying for several days that this was a isolated event leads me to believe that this was not a stranger or even a teacher, school employee, etc...as those types of POI's would not have been only a danger to Kyron. I think they are focusing on someone closer to his life circle. And the fact that they have put up a reward tells me that they are hoping to recover Kyron's body, and have not obtained a confession. I think maybe some video surfaced over the weekend that shows Kyron leaving the area in a vehicle-this would cause them to stop searching near the school.

I hope now that this case moves swiftly forward so that the community can gain some sense of peace and comfort. It it draining for us here and must be much more so for those nearby. JMO

I believe LE has been working this as a criminal investigation since the beginning, today is the day they just let everone know.

If they are asking for video and photos of certain geographical localtions in search of a vehicle, then they know what kind of vehicle. Do they know to whom it belongs? I bet they do.

I'm curious if they were able to determine, with a 99% confidence level, exactly who was the last person at the school to see Kyron before he went missing?

Does anyone know if they have AND have they said who it is?

LE has said Kyron was last seen at 9am, but they haven't released the information concerning who saw him, where, with whom, etc.

I'm still obsessed with the fitness center. :blushing:
FWIW, there was an open house May 21.

The Xtreme Edge Don't forget to bring your friends and family to the Grand Opening celebration tonight! Check out the club!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Xtreme-Edge/279730123646

It's possible that someone from there could have targeted Kyron, but they'd still have to be familiar with the school. It was posted very early on that some schools in Portland have cameras and auto-calls (more secure) but not all, and unfortunately Skyline was one of the less secure schools... and one of the more rural. Which leads me back to wondering about contract workers, maintenance or landscape or delivery who work for the school system as a whole but would know this particular school is vulnerable.

Well, haven't you been busy? ;)

Maybe you can answer this question for me: are these areas that have already been searched, because I keep hearing LE at the PCs saying they aren't going to comment on the search areas...yet here we have huge maps. So I'm assuming these aren't the areas being searched NOW?

ETA: I guess since the ground search has been scaled back, these probably ARE the areas that have already been searched...

By the looks of that, it's only one of many search maps that they are using. I'm sure that they've got a computerized grid map, too.

I noticed that they are showing nothing of the search area off of 30 and Sauvie Island. I'd guess that's because it's going to be key to the investigation and may reveal such things as phone pings, evidence found, etc.

Watched the presser and see it is a criminal investigation now, what took so long ? Alot of time was lost , I am not trying to be critical but 10 days have passed.....

I still find it odd there has been no plea really to let Kyron go, please dont harm him, just drop him off we miss him, especially after the anouncement today......

How would labelling this a criminal investigation from the very beginning have changed LE's actions? From what I can see, it would not have changed anything and it would have been extremely stressful for the family.

As for family pleas, I cannot think of a single case where such pleas have yielded any useful result. It puts the family through another emotional wringer at a time when they are already overwhelmed with stress. It is yet another form of re-victimisation.

My impression of the family's statements Friday were that they seemed very carefully crafted. It seemed very plausible to me that they were constructed with the help of LE, who probably had specific goals in mind.

Kyron’s Case and the Blame Game

Prior to recently, the case really didn’t center on the family. However now many people – perhaps rightly so, perhaps wrongly so – are focusing their skepticism on the stepmother. For instance, a photograph of Kyron was taken just before he went missing.

On the other hand, the photograph was taken at a science fair. It’s not that unheard of for parents to take pictures of their children at these types of events.

Others are blaming the school for the boy’s disappearance. How could a boy go missing from the school’s grounds without anyone noticing? Why weren’t the parents notified that he wasn’t at school? Why was it only after the boy didn’t return home that the family was alarmed?

http://cnmnewsnetwork.com/120463/kyron-horman-missing-kyrons-case-and-the-blame-game/

Can someone post a list of questions that we can sleuth to allow us to possibly help LE find this little boy? It gives newbies an idea of what exactly they can do and maybe help move us forward. Thanks :)

Example: We need to know what time *advertiser censored*?

I believe LE has been working this as a criminal investigation since the beginning, today is the day they just let everone know.

If they are asking for video and photos of certain geographical localtions in search of a vehicle, then they know what kind of vehicle. Do they know to whom it belongs? I bet they do.

I agree, Bee. I think that the sheriff may have been so somber today because some kind of evidence was found this morning.

JMO

It's possible that someone from there could have targeted Kyron, but they'd still have to be familiar with the school. It was posted very early on that some schools in Portland have cameras and auto-calls (more secure) but not all, and unfortunately Skyline was one of the less secure schools... and one of the more rural. Which leads me back to wondering about contract workers, maintenance or landscape or delivery who work for the school system as a whole but would know this particular school is vulnerable.

Or a former student?

Hi Puff, The one thing I don't have is a camera or you bet I would go take photos. xox

Not that I expect you to do this at all, but I believe that if you take a disposable camera to a place such as Walgreens one hour photo, they will put them onto a CD for you and that you can then transfer them wherever you want by computer. I have never done that, so should probably not even be suggesting it, as I don't know how much work it is to accomplish all of this process. :crazy:

I keep seeing post about someone should have seen it coming and we will be shocked at who it is or something to that effect.

I missed something here. Is there a history of abuse, or some kind of motive I am not getting? Or am I reading this wrong and you think it is someone other than family? I try to look at Motive, Opportunity, and Means. Right now the only motive I see if this is a kidnapping or murder would be a SO. Opportunity was there at the busy school, and means, all you need was a good line, or lure and a car, possibly something to knock a kid out and put them in the trunk of a car, given there is no videos on the school or parking lot.

IMO, hindsight is 20/20. In so many of these cases when what happened is finally known and a perp is arrested, it's obvious there were known issues before the crime took place. While no one wants to think someone they know is capable of a crime, the obvious signs are usually there and people chose not to see or recognize them.

That said, many people have many opinions on who may have been responsible and at this moment my opinion is most are valid. I've got that list in my head and LE has ruled no one out.

ETA: a known history of abuse and neglect only means it wasn't reported or DFS ignored the reports. Both situations are far too common when looking back on a childs death.

The testiness was apparent as the investigation entered its 10th day today. Sheriff’s officials would not say why searchers were on Sauvie Island or whether marine boats were used.

Asked if investigation would involve a kidnapping charge, Lt. Jason Gates snapped, “Quit asking that.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_day_10_sea.html

Actually, his full answer was "Quit asking me questions about the investigation" rather than anything specifically relating to potential kidnapping charges. I understand their testiness when they've told the media, likely repeatedly, that they cannot answer questions about an ongoing investigation, and yet the media keeps going back to anyone in uniform and trying -- which is of course the media's job.

Tired children on both sides of that aisle, and we ALL want Kyron found and answers!

Well I am home from work and today is my Friday, I was so hoping for something more for Kyron this afternoon when I got home.
Watched the presser and see it is a criminal investigation now, what took so long ? Alot of time was lost , I am not trying to be critical but 10 days have passed.....

I still find it odd there has been no plea really to let Kyron go, please dont harm him, just drop him off we miss him, especially after the anouncement today.... I do not wish to be critical of the family or judge just an observation from me I don't know how they are holding it together, I wouldn't be able to ......

I hope somewhere the perp slipped up and there is video somewhere of them. Kyron can't just dissappear into thin air .....
I am still hopeful Kyron is still alive, but where oh where is he ......

I don't think they lost time. I think they have been investigating all possibilities all along, hence so many agencies involved. I think sending the SAR groups home just means they have exhausted that possibility (wandered off, got lost, or dropped in the area.

They have classified it as a criminal investigation now because there has been nothing found to indicate he wandered off, got lost, had accident.

My opinion is that they really don't know what happened, he did just disappear into thin air (he could, as have many others, ie Lindsay Baum).

They have no evidence of a perp but have to feel at this point there is one. Doesn't mean they haven't been working that all along. Just they have no vehicle, motive, sighting, etc.

With nothing to go on what do you do? Ask for video, tips, search homes and properties where he could have ended up on his own. Then start searching ares where he might have been taken. They checked into the Cali sighting immediately and maybe others that we don't know about.
I really think they had nothing to give us or the public. It is a vanishing. Like Johnny Gosch.

This just sucks. It seems to me it was a crime of opportunity and someone may very well get away with it, at least until they do it again. Eventually they do get caught. Someone had Shawn for years and if not for Ben...well you all know what I am talking about.

It is so scary and just breaks my heart, but I am thinking he will only be found accidentally whether he is alive or not.

Not that I expect you to do this at all, but I believe that if you take a disposable camera to a place such as Walgreens one hour photo, they will put them onto a CD for you and that you can then transfer them wherever you want by computer. I have never done that, so should probably not even be suggesting it, as I don't know how much work it is to accomplish all of this process. :crazy:

A disposable camera is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member