OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say that Desiree had her daughter in daycare on Friday? Could you point me toward where I posted that?

Desiree's sister who was in the media stated that she was going to Portland to be with her sister.

No, you said step-mom had her 18mo daughter in day care that day and pointed out the road the day care is on. Just asking how you know such info or did I miss it? If I missed that info could you point me to where it was stated? TIA

Just got off the phone with a dear friend who has worked in administration for an Oregon school district that is NOT in Portland for many years. She is still employed there.

She told me that the school's culpalbility (sp?) begins when the student either gets on the bus or arrives at the school. (Steps foot on the school grounds). However, if the student is with a parent, it is when the parent takes them to the classroom or the office and checks them in.

Now, this is a gray area because of the science fair. She wanted to know if the school officially started the day at their regular time or did they officially start at 10AM because of a special event? She said this might be a legal case so that a judge could determine who was responsible for Kyron due to the event. But, she said it didn't look good for the school. She did NOT know any of the circumstances other than what I told her, so please know that there are other variables to this situation that may have given her a different response. My basic question to her was if the school might be held responsible and her final answer was "from what you are telling me, it doesn't look good for the school".

Thanks, Kimster. I think the school would have no culpability, though, if the child was with his guardian when he left the school.

It all goes back to... why didn't Miss Porter sound the alarm when she noticed Kyron missing. My belief is because a guardian told Miss Porter that Kyron wouldn't be there the rest of the day. Just my opinion and only grounded in my opinion.

Oh come on. The only thing 'disproved' is that the child used the word 'substitute' to refer to the person who was not the regular teacher.

He never said he saw anybody driving anywhere.

Let's not start vilifying a child.

I did hear him say the SM drove off alone. Honest Engine xox I'm looking for a link.

The 9:00 sighting. Police won't answer any questions about it. So....

We don't know who saw him, where he was, and whether or not he was in someone's company walking away from the school at that time.

In my opinion, the reason Gates refused to answer questions about it is because it's of investigative importance.

Ok, when it was reported to have been another student, did they retract that information? Also, I know they are not commenting, but are they confirming as accurate and reliable?

Is there a specific legal age when children are considered to be credible witnesses or is this "child dependent"? I worry about little children providing any timeline. Many young kids can't tell time well because they personally use digital clocks. Schools frequently those large, round, dial clocks.

Welcome to WS MimiWhatserface!

The fact that LE is requesting surveillance video from nearby storefronts, private homes, security cameras or any other surveillance recording from June 3 and June 4 and specifically looking for video of vehicular traffic, I'd say they probably know exactly what vehicle they are looking for, they probably know who owns it and they just need to place that person, in that vehicle in the area on June 3 or 4. When that is accomplished I think a POI will be announced.
Wonder who would not have normally been in that area??? Someone who doesn't live in the area obviously. Maybe someone from out of town???

Or someone who said they weren't in that area or driving a particular vehicle and someone else placed them there/in that vehicle. Maybe?
Or someone who's cell phone pings were in that area when they said that they weren't there.

I've been following this case from the beginning and i have to say my first thought was the SM had something to do with it. then i started to think of the why. why would she drive him to school only to take him. i would think that she would have picked a better time to harm him. she surely would have thought someone could have seen her leave with him. from all i can see this was a nice loving home, she has a baby with her husband and has a blended family like so many others. so what would be her reasoning for wanting Kyron out of the picture? i really believe that she had nothing to do with it and poor Kyron was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. ok, i got that off my chest. now lets bring Kyron home!

Thanks, Kimster. I think the school would have no culpability, though, if the child was with his guardian when he left the school.

It all goes back to... why didn't Miss Porter sound the alarm when she noticed Kyron missing. My belief is because a guardian told Miss Porter that Kyron wouldn't be there the rest of the day. Just my opinion and only grounded in my opinion.

It has been confirmed numerous times that the school policy was to do NOTHING when a child was absent. That means that the teacher would not "sound an alarm" because that was not the way the school handled any kind of absence. The same school officials have said that many times kids left with parents without notice on such days. Absences at that school were recorded, but not followed up, which has been made clear in their policies and statements.

Is there a specific legal age when children are considered to be credible witnesses or is this "child dependent"? I worry about little children providing any timeline. Many young kids can't tell time well because they personally use digital clocks. Schools frequently those large, round, dial clocks.

I don't know that a child would look at a watch, but I think LE might have narrowed down the time frame by asking questions like, "Was it before or after the late bell rang?" and "Was it before or after Miss Porter collected lunch tickets?" or whatever. IOW, the child didn't look at a watch or clock, but his recollection was narrowed by the timeline provided by adults who did.

The fact that SM was seen leaving the building alone doesn't necessarily mean anything. That is why in my first post on this board (#251) a couple of pages ago asked this question:

My question is DOES ANYBODY KNOW where this child and his SM parked the morning they went to his science fair? Has anyone read or heard anything about this? Did they park far away or were they in a space up close with others getting in and out of their cars? If they parked far away and the dear child was instructed to go back to the car to wait/meet, this might greatly reduce the chances of someone seeing this boy get back into his own family's car and might explain why 1) no one saw the child and his step parent 'leave together' and 2) no one saw either of them at the school after 8:45-9am.

---
Does anyone care to comment? Maybe PufNStuf??

I haven't heard where she parked. But I am curious about the parking. Doesn't look like many spaces. For the teachers and the rest of the staff there wouldn't be much left. Would they park on the main road.

I don't recall him saying she drove away without Kyron, just that he saw her leave without him. I took that to mean he saw her leave the corridor or even school, not that he saw her get in her car and drive away.

I called KOIN and they directed me to this article:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Hormans-desk-mate-says-substitute-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Horman's desk mate says substitute noticed Horman missing
Reported by: Kohr Harlan

Snippet
Tanner is Kyron's deskmate in their combined second-third grade classroom. Tanner says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

It has been confirmed numerous times that the school policy was to do NOTHING when a child was absent. That means that the teacher would not "sound an alarm" because that was not the way the school handled any kind of absence. The same school officials have said that many times kids left with parents without notice on such days. Absences at that school were recorded, but not followed up, which has been made clear in their policies and statements.

OH! I'm glad you posted that as it jarred my memory. (I tried to post as soon as I hung up the phone so I didn't forget anything and forgot anyway :doh:

I told my admin friend about the automated system that was available to the district and not utilized in the school. The reason was that she asked me why the school didn't call the parent and let them know Kyron wasn't there? She thought that was very unusual and also said that if they didn't try to contact the parent or it could be proved the parent was available all day to receive a call from the school about him being absent, that wasn't good for the school either. That part really bugged her.

:cat:
I have asked this before, why has LE waited so long to request video's from stores and pictures that any one may have taken at the science fair??????? Am I the only one asking this question, so far I have not gotten an answer. :banghead:

I'm about seven threads behind so this may have been answered:
"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, 'Hi, Kyron,' and he's like, 'Hi. I'm going to go see this cool one. It's electric.' I'm like, 'Alright, bye.' And that's the last time I saw him," Tanner said. "He never did make it back to class."
http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

"This cool one, it's electric" is pretty unspecific. Do they know which particular science project Kyron referred to? It may be far fetched but it occurred to me that it could be a reference to something cool outside the display rooms that was used as a lure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3