OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have direct statements made by that child, i.e. not a rumor, and IF he is correct about what the teachers said, how does that fit into TH taking Kyron?

Sure... and it's up to each individual to ascertain the veracity of that person's statements for themselves.

I posted earlier in the thread where I stand on that.

Just watched all the press conference videos up through 6/10 that are linked in the media thread. I heard nothing about infrared being used in the search the first weekend (unless it was asked by a reporter who wasn't mic'd).

Guess I should go search Facebook.

Now searchers look through tall grass, from the air and on foot, for any sign of the little boy. The FBI has now joined the search, as has the National Guard. Using an infrared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch, searchers have completely searched an area of about two miles surrounding the school.

http://www.katu.com/news/95702034.html

Pictures are attached at the bottom of this press release from the sheriff's office.

Additional Identification Information in the Continuing Search for Kyron Horman - 06/14/10

Attached are newly received photos showing a replica of the eyeglass frames worn by Kyron Horman on the day of his disappearance. The photos display an exact match of the model, brand and color of Kyron's eyeglass frames. These photos should be used with photos of likenesses of Kyron's clothing released earlier this week to raise public awareness as the search for Kyron continues.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office will continue to post information as it is released regarding this ongoing investigation.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Would LE be so reckless to state that children are in no danger if they didn't know this for a fact? How does a serial child molester/killer start? With the first victim.

So are you thinking that Isolated Incident doesn't mean that this is a lone incident, but possibly a string of isolated incidents? Because to me, that would be called... serial.

I'm interested in knowing what tools you think were not accessed until Saturday, when this was publicly announced to be a criminal investigation.

IMO speculation is what being on this site is all about. However, why speculate on rumors rather than actual data/evidence? Where are the facts? If one uses the actual facts in this case - even speculation would be at a minimum - there aren't many facts. To target one person without such facts, is to me, criminal to the family and very destructive. For me, I prefer to wait until I have some substance to go on. This is a family with a toddler who will grow up and one day will read all that is said here - how awful that will be for her. moo mho

Maybe we should compile a list of facts. Where do you think we should begin? As for the baby, yes, I agree that she has a lot of pain ahead of her, with a brother missing and probably under terrible circumstances.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how I messed up that quote in my post. I apologize.

re: Tools - search warrants, not just for searching a physical items and locations but also for cell phone records, bank records, etc. that were not voluntarily handed over during the non-criminal investigative phase [and may not have been requested previously].

[This is only my barely educated guess.]

I have to say this before my head explodes. File it away under useless information because I have no real, tangible evidence to support it.

This photograph gives me the creeps. No, I don't know why. Perhaps it's because the taker made the trash can the focal point of this picture and the only thing in this image that's subject to change quickly enough to warrant preservation is the... well......the only thing moving?:waitasec:

Grasping at straws, splitting hairs....I know but regardless, this picture makes me uncomfortable. My attention goes over and over again, every time someone posts it, right straight to that trash can.

Untitled.jpg

My take on this is that they had the angle they wanted, but had this poster hanging on the wall that could not be in the shot, so they blocked it with the trash can (conveniently sitting nearby maybe?) rather than taking it down for the shot. You can see the trash can is perfectly centered on a picture/poster directly behind it. Maybe it had a childs (or childrens) name(s) on it and therefore couldn't be in the photo?

I could be wrong, I assumed this shot was taken post-disappearance, and therefore was knowingly taken for/by the media. If that's the case, I think the trash can was intentionally put there to block names or something.

Please forgive me for the bus comments...I didn't know the bus had stopped. I should have researched it. I deleted it all because I thought about it...and realized it was a silly thought.

I'm going to repost what I wrote instead...just because I think it's a valid idea and I really want Kyron to be found!!!

I have a wild imagination..and I was thinking: what else, besides perverted motivations, would someone have to make Kyron vanish? Is it even remotely possible Kyron witnessed something awful (walking by an unused classroom, etc.) and that person had to "get rid of him" so he wouldn't report? Is it even remotely possible that some adult in that was in the school may have abused a child and Kyron saw? Every single one of those children should be questioned about possible abuse. That kid may not be saying anything because they are so ashamed or confused. That kid may have been told that they keep quiet about Kyron or they would be next. Kids can be scared into silence. =(

Every one of the parents should be questioned about their child's behavior that day...whether they were down or really angry (before Kyron's story hit the news). The parent may have no clue about the possible abuse (it happens far too often). But maybe they'd remember something from that day that was out of sorts (child hitting another or acting out)

It's possible but to me the day was jsut too busy, too many people around for something like this to happen that day.

Just watched all the press conference videos up through 6/10 that are linked in the media thread. I heard nothing about infrared being used in the search the first weekend (unless it was asked by a reporter who wasn't mic'd).

Guess I should go search Facebook.

I'm still catching up and looking up, so this may have already been posted, but the did use infrared a few days in, 6/5:

"Now searchers look through tall grass, from the air and on foot, for any sign of the little boy. The FBI has now joined the search, as has the National Guard. Using an infrared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch, searchers have completely searched an area of about two miles surrounding the school."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95702034.html

I just want a nice list of all that we really know, so we can work from the same spot.

Funny how each of us focuses on something different in a photo. Each time I see that photo I see the desk, in a hallway. Do kids sit out there by themselves while the others are in class. Is it a "time out" area? If so, is there supervision of students out there when the teacher is teaching class?

lol

I figured it was moved out of the room for the sake of space.

Another similarity is that Adam Walsh disappeared from a crowded place without any reliable eyewitnesses.

He was near a bunch of kids playing a video game (video games were very new at that time). No one ever managed to find the other children, no adults ever came forward to say that they had seen him, etc.

He was out of his mother's sight for less than ten minutes. She started the search immediately. And yet--no reliable witnesses.

Even though logic says that many people must have seen Adam being abducted, no one really observed anything. That's because most of the time, people don't see things that seem ordinary to them.

I posted something similar the other day...I think about when I am at my childrens' school. I see lots of kids...but don't really 'see' them if you get what I mean. I pick them up after school and there are lots of adults there picking up kids (parents, grandparents etc). I would have no idea what kids I saw, who they left with etc.

I couple of times I have seen kids leaving with teachers from the school. That I notice because it appears unusual to me. Why would a child be leaving with a teacher?? I figure the teacher must also be a neighbour who gives the child a lift home?? Don't really know...

Isn't it interesting how people see different things. I thought the angle was to show the shot of the staircase/well. The shot could have been taken from the lower landing to get a better shot (I believe, although I'm not a photographer!) of the walls (art) and classroom door. IDK :waitasec:

When I saw that photo, I immediately focused on the view of the outdoors through the windows, thinking that it looked like a nice day outside. Too nice to be studying in school. Flashback to my childhood school days, I guess. LOL!

I'm just feeling more and more that it was an accident in the parking lot, and she tried to cover it up. I might be tempted to do the same thing, because how in the world could you tell your husband that you ran over his son? Then she just came home and acted normal, going out to meet the bus, knowing he would not be on it. Maybe she went to the car wash after it happened.

Just my opinion.

If you hit one of your beloved children with your car your instinct would be to run for help, call 911, run inside the school (school staff usually know CPR) etc... not to dump the body. This is also something that someone woulde definitley notice. I could see someone walk out calmly with a child and have noone really 'notice' but hit by car?? No way.

Sure... and it's up to each individual to ascertain the veracity of that person's statements for themselves.

I posted earlier in the thread where I stand on that.

So how would that fit into your scenario?

Please forgive me for the bus comments...I didn't know the bus had stopped. I should have researched it. I deleted it all because I thought about it...and realized it was a silly thought.

I'm going to repost what I wrote instead...just because I think it's a valid idea and I really want Kyron to be found!!!

I have a wild imagination..and I was thinking: what else, besides perverted motivations, would someone have to make Kyron vanish?

Respectfully shortened

1. Google child abduction motives nonfamily. There are only a few motives when the abductor is not a family member.

2. Read through the filicide articles that have been posted on WS. In these articles, they list the reasons why people murder their children.

My take on this is that they had the angle they wanted, but had this poster hanging on the wall that could not be in the shot, so they blocked it with the trash can (conveniently sitting nearby maybe?) rather than taking it down for the shot. You can see the trash can is perfectly centered on a picture/poster directly behind it. Maybe it had a childs (or childrens) name(s) on it and therefore couldn't be in the photo?

I could be wrong, I assumed this shot was taken post-disappearance, and therefore was knowingly taken for/by the media. If that's the case, I think the trash can was intentionally put there to block names or something.

I saw what I thought as the janitor doing his end of day clean up. Large garbage can in which to empty the smaller cans into. What looks like a basket with cleaning supplies on the desk. Chair on top of the desk. I think the garbage can is there becasue otherwise it would be right in front of the stairs...not a smart place for it.

Why someone took this photo I have no idea. If it was a picture of the art work then you would wait for the janitor to be out of the picture.

I think people have been very responsible about what they have said on here....

It is not only being said on here .......read the comments on the news articles.......now what is being said on those is very disrepctful and irresponsible......

I think the poor little girl is going to be more concerned about the tragic (and I still hope he is alive) thing that happened to her big brother...

I think people are just covering all bases after reading into what little info the police have provided....

LIke I said before I dont know yet and dont want to point any fingers but you have to admit there are a couple of things that dont add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela