OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone? They don't have to be qualified teachers?

in my daughters elementary school, there are desks outside the classes for "tutoring" and yes, any parent or whomever can sign up to volunteer to tutor. I know for my daughter's class, they aren't really tutoring, but things more like the child reads a book to them and they are there to help if needed. I know my daughters teacher was very thankful for all who came in during the year to help the children read.

Those are links. The person deleting comments is doing so on their own page.
Thanks, Calliope, but I am kinda confused. I'm a facebook user, but don't understand everything about it. Not that I don't believe you, I just don't get what you are saying. Cold you spell it out for me, if you have the time?

Just to be clear on what I saw. On the Island's public facebook page a user (member) posted a news article. There were many comments to that article on the facebook page, by the Island f/b page members/commenters. One commenter on the Island's public f/b page (not the one who posted the article) publicly stated in another comment, same thread, that she/he was deleting comments by f/b users on the Island f/b page to that article. Which, now that I think about it, she/he could not do. You can only remove your own comments or the person who "owns" or "runs" the page can remove them.

Maybe someone can help me figure this out, because around 8:00 this morning it appears all real discussion was shut down by one person commenting on the Island's public f/b page. Obviously, unless I just didn't find them, comments being discussed there had been removed by this person; or, so she/he claimed. I really do not like it when individuals or groups attempt to stifle opposing opinions. It goes against our ideas and laws regarding free speech and our right to speak out minds. It is censorship and intimidation in one of it's uglier forms, in my opinion.

Thanks, and I apologize for not laying this out more clearly. It is hard when it is mystery.

All here are my questions and my opinions.

Its probably more of one on one time rather than what we think of when we think of tutoring. Small group versus large group. Elementary schools here often do this especially for reading.

In the back of my mind Im thinking they really want to get the specifics out about Kyron's clothing for several reason. Sometimes here we will occasionally see a tshirt at the boat landing or on the side of the road that has blown out of a boat. Possibly even something that has washed up. Instead of discounting it as your normal "trash" if it resembles one of these items it may give LE a more general area to search.

If they are searching in water I would assume it's at the recovery stage.
Thank you for answering me.That might be why they are not finding anything.I feel maybe it should be a recovery effort now.

I think it may be what John Walsh mentioned today. LE tries to calm the situation down.

And really with that school being on high alert now (hopefully) no other child at the school is in danger.

IMO

School is out for summer in five hours.

Typically desks outside the classroom are used for individual tutoring by parent volunteers--like help with reading or math to help get slower kids caught up. I really doubt it would be a "time-out." If a kid needed that, they would be sent to the principal's office.

Maybe a hall monitor?

BTW Hello everyone...:wave:

Praying today will be the day we get good news....:praying:.

Now back to catching up

in my daughters elementary school, there are desks outside the classes for "tutoring" and yes, any parent or whomever can sign up to volunteer to tutor. I know for my daughter's class, they aren't really tutoring, but things more like the child reads a book to them and they are there to help if needed. I know my daughters teacher was very thankful for all who came in during the year to help the children read.

No, they don't have to be qualified teachers. But lilligator said it better when she said they are reading to them. That's what is done here: you sign up to read to a kid and listen to them read to you. It's called "tutoring" and "mentoring" b/c it does help the child learn to read better but you also form a positive relationship with that child.

FYI, I don't want to get stuck on this topic since it's about Kyron... ;)

I completely agree. That is a huge security risk to have employees in street clothes or without a photo ID in plain sight-like hanging around their neck. Anyone could walk up to a child and say "I'm the janitor can you help me take this trash outside?".

I think it could be a double edged sword.

Demanding a badge and a uniform could increase security and make people more suspicious of strangers without the uniform and the badge claiming to be staff. But the downside of it is that most workwear isn't really unique and some people will always be able to find a convincing uniform somewhere and fake a badge that a child can't tell from the real thing. The fake uniform and the fake badge may give them a false sense of security and they might trust a person that they wouldn't trust in plain clothes, thinking "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers but it's okay because he's the janitor and has got the badge". Also, the other people may pay less attention to someone in workwear who looks like they belong.

Trying to get caught up here...

Check your attitudes at the door people. (myself included) Just because YOU think you are right doesnt mean everyone else does. We really need to be less condescending and more supportive of the informational diversity.

No one person here is more important than the next.

Kyron is what its all about.

ETA~ this thread is moving fast and I apologize for the placement of my statement here. It in no way reflects one person, just the general tone at times.

Since there has been discussion and questions regarding phone pings, I am posting a ping map that was made with a missing persons cell ping info. If you go to the below link and scroll down a bit you will see the map. You can see how the high probability area in yellow is marked. I thought many would be interested to see what a ping map looks like.

Map is at:
http://www.johnspira.com/

John's thread at WS is:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47834"]IL IL-John Spira, 45, St. Charles, 2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Because uniforms would make it clear who belongs in the school and who does not.

Except that normally everyone (teachers, parents, kids) know who the janitor is. We know (s)he belongs there. Doesn't make them safe.

There are all kinds of people who belong in a school that don't wear uniforms (teachers, principal, secretary, lunch monitors, delivery people) etc. These people may or may not be safe.

I don't see how the janitor wearing a uniform changes any of that.

Thanks, Calliope, but I am kinda confused. I'm a facebook user, but don't understand everything about it. Not that I don't believe you, I just don't get what you are saying. Cold you spell it out for me, if you have the time?

Just to be clear on what I saw. On the Island's public facebook page a user (member) posted a news article. There were many comments to that article on the facebook page, by the Island f/b page members/commenters. One commenter on the Island's public f/b page (not the one who posted the article) publicly stated in another comment, same thread, that she/he was deleting comments by f/b users on the Island f/b page to that article. Which, now that I think about it, she/he could not do. You can only remove your own comments or the person who "owns" or "runs" the page can remove them.

Maybe someone can help me figure this out, because around 8:00 this morning it appears all real discussion was shut down by one person commenting on the Island's public f/b page. Obviously, unless I just didn't find them, comments being discussed there had been removed by this person; or, so she/he claimed. I really do not like it when individuals or groups attempt to stifle opposing opinions. It goes against our ideas and laws regarding free speech and our right to speak out minds. It is censorship in one of it's uglier modes, in my opinion

Thanks, and I apologize for not laying this out more clearly. It is hard when it is mystery.

What you were seeing were posts in the Related Global Posts on the Sauvie Island FB page, those related posts were from the Missing Kyron Horman FB page. The related global posts embedded in the Sauvie Island page. The related posts are identified with Sauvie Island in bold.

Our janitors were school colored polos with the school logo. The kids know the janitors. Same ones everyday. Sometimes they even help gather the kiddos after recess or such. Lots of contact with the kids...kids know their names and such.

Amen for keeping it real!!
No offense intended, nomoresorrow,but this investigation is not public so how in the world do we know what is real?

We don't know what anyone in the lives of Kyron have told investigators.

As an aside, if Kaine's email is for real (I'm behind, so I don't know if it has been publicly verified) I found it very suspicious that he would be asking his company co-workers NOT to speak to the media. First of all, who has the gall to tell people what to do, or even request that?

This doesn't mean that I think Kaine, Kyron's father, is guilty of anything but it makes me wonder what in the world motivated him to even issue such an email (if he did). It comes across as controlling and manipulative; not to mention, suspicious.

MY OPINION

Maybe someone can help me figure this out, because around 8:00 this morning it appears all real discussion was shut down by one person commenting on the Island's public f/b page. Obviously, unless I just didn't find them, comments being discussed there had been removed by this person; or, so she/he claimed. I really do not like it when individuals or groups attempt to stifle opposing opinions. It goes against our ideas and laws regarding free speech and our right to speak out minds. It is censorship in one of it's uglier modes, in my opinion

\\

Are you talking about the Island Page or the Missing Kyron Page.
ALso, is it possible through that through the Facebook Social Plug-In or Global Posts that 'Missing Kyron' and 'Sauvie Island' had the same article? I'm not fully sure how the sharing and aggregating works.

I THINK the Missng Kyron was creat by somebody and has an Admin. I THINK the Sauvie Island aggregates articles and global posts? I dont really get it??

One commenter yesterday post a few bits of unverifiable information and insisted they were true based on who she knew in Oregon, and the moderator kept asking her to move them to the discussion tab.

She cleared things up with this comment last night:

Can**ce B**ry: I apologize Carol...regardless of what people's feeings are, I hadn't stopped to realize this was just for you to update the public about the case. I know I'm not the only one talking about the suspects and am probably the only one that will admit wrong doing. I will not discuss further info on here. I was invited to this page by a friend and I can only use my cell phone to get on fb therefore I hadnt seen any page other than yours. Again thanks for what you are doing and I will no longer burden your efforts. I guess its hard to not let your emotions get involved here. I have been terrified to even let my son sleep in his own room at night since I heard this story because this world is so scary so that's where I am getting my frustration. Keep up the hard work!

When you have a blackberry and you comment on something, if somebody comments on the same article you did, you get a little *bing* and an asterisk appears on your facebook app. When you comment back, that facebook user gets a little *bing* and the asterisk. Its very easy to carry conversations through the comment feature of the facebook blackberry application, YOu would have no way of knowing the article was part of a larger scope

OK ..It ISN'T a kidnapping. It ISN'T an abduction. People DON'T have to take extra precautions for their children. It IS now a criminal investigation. I take it they don't believe he just wondered off or ran away. So what IS it?
I am so confused.

I haven't seen anything that categorically states it isn't an abduction. 4 days ago the Sheriff's office said that there is no evidence of an abduction:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007450-504083.html

However, 3 days ago the Sheriff's office said that they haven't ruled out an abduction:

http://kdrv.com/page/177456

This leads me to believe that an abduction is still a possibility but that, as of 3 days ago at least, LE did not have compelling evidence that pointed to an abduction being the most likely possibility. At this point they might not have any theory that stands out as the most plausible.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sauvie-Island/103729412998746?v=desc

If you'll notice, these discussions are listed under "related global posts" and the name of the island is highlighted. IOW, it's pulling in comments made about the island from other FB pages. What you saw (and I did too) was a discussion going on at the 'find kyron' page. There aren't any direct posts to this particular page (the island's I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela