OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. A thought I keep having is about the quality of Kyron's science project. He obviously didn't do that all himself. I actually think they would have had to send the foam core to a printer to have the background applied (unless dad had the ability to do it at the office). Way above par for a 2nd grader IMO. Another parent, not necessarily a SO - but maybe someone with a violent demeanor, was upset because he/she put in a lot of time with their project without such great results. Just speculating...

bolded and snipped by me. fwiw i was sort of of the opinion that may actually be an aquarium background (decal type). i have a 250 gal aquarium with something similar

"It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said.

Dive crews on Monday afternoon searched the Columbia River in the Sauvie Island area. It was the second time crews have focused on the area. On Friday, sheriff's office horse trailers were seen at the bottom of the Sauvie Island Bridge.

The sheriff's office said tips led them to search around Sauvie Island, but declined to elaborate.

He added that parents in the area shouldn't take extra precautions with their children. Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case.

"There is no reason to believe that the kids are in any danger here," Gates said.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/jun/15/search-fro-missing-ore-boy-intensifies-around-sauv/

BBM. That's an odd statement but since it isn't a quote I won't take it that's how Gates said it. Either way, if I lived there you better believe I'd be taking extra precautions with my kids! A little boy was abducted and hasn't been found, that's enough for me!

I just thought of something...what janitor dresses like that? Looks like street clothes...and an emo-ish type of look. That looks like a teenager, IMO. I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't look like a janitor to me. Wonder who he is. Maybe a parent, but why is he on the upper floor, then? Parent-teacher conference?

Thanks for bringing that up, TopTop!

To me, this picture looks like someone trying to take a picture of what "Mr. Custodian" often looks like. As a school employee, to me it looks pretty typical. Our custodians wear regular street clothes--often jeans. Looks to me that he's starting his "run" and forgot to get something from downstairs. To me, it looks like a photo someone was taking for the school yearbook.

The desk in the hallway isn't unusual -- we have them for kids who missed a day's work, or for volunteers/staff to work with individual kids. Almost always, someone is with the child, hence the 2 chairs.

As for the Intel discussion, one of my kids works for Intel in a different state. I asked him if he knew about the dad at Intel whose son was missing. He said he received company email about it, but didn't know the family (my son occasionally travels one of the Portland "campuses".) He said some people in his state printed up posters and posted them at various locations. I think it was a nice gesture for Intel to inform their employees.

All above MOO, of course.

I read the stepmother raised Kyron since he was an infant.
Does anyone know why he did not live with his biological mother?

Where are the other people that live with Kyron when he goes missing? Was the father at work?
Was the stepmother's older son at school?

I read the stepmother raised Kyron since he was an infant.
Does anyone know why he did not live with his biological mother?

Where are the other people that live with Kyron when he goes missing? Was the father at work?
Was the stepmother's older son at school?

I don't believe any of that has been confirmed.

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time.
welcome027.gif

Welcome to WS, tabacue.

Gosh, I know it's early, but where did I say his e-mail went to 15,000 employees? :waitasec: I did say, that's how many Intel in Oregon employs.

One of my points is that dad, with the help of Intel, wanted to be safe, careful, cautious regarding what is said to the media. We all know how gossip gets out of hand and we all know there are those who thrive on gossip - so maybe he wanted to ward such possibilities off ahead of time.

Do you really think dad could speculate regarding the media and Intel employees? After all, his son went missing and why wouldn't he want to solicit the help of fellow employees, in the form of eyes, but ward off any and all gossip?

And if the media published even 2 statements by employees while a child is missing, that could be a jeopardy to the investigation - my guess is that dad didn't want ANYTHING to jeopardize finding his son.

You mention selling magazine: What???? Doesn't take much to sell a magazine nowadays - gossip often prevails. And you say 'who would care' - just read all the comments on that FB everyone was pouring over earlier. moo

Seems that attempting to control rumors and gossip in the workplace is foreign to many, so I won't go on. Some will get it and some won't. The bottom line: When a parent's worst nightmare occurs, you do what's best to bring your child home. Justice for Kyron is what I say. moo
The absolute last thing that I would be worried about if my child was missing would be top Intel officials' impression of me . Who cares about gossip at this terrible time!!! Bring as much attention as possible to the case so somebody might recognize your "abducted" child. Dance naked on your lawn every day to bring more media to your home to post your child's photo all over Earth.

IMO, if I was a wife beater, child beater, heroin junkie, rapist, or possessed other really awful personality characteristics, I would worry that the media would expose my dark secrets.....but I would still want the media involved because my child's life is more important that mine.

(I have no knowledge that the family has any dark secrets.)

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. A thought I keep having is about the quality of Kyron's science project. He obviously didn't do that all himself. I actually think they would have had to send the foam core to a printer to have the background applied (unless dad had the ability to do it at the office). Way above par for a 2nd grader IMO. Another parent, not necessarily a SO - but maybe someone with a violent demeanor, was upset because he/she put in a lot of time with their project without such great results. Just speculating...

Welcome to WS! I, too, have considered the possibility that another parent was jealous of Kyron's abilities. Even in elementary school, competition can be fierce - not so much among the students but among parents.

By all accounts, Kyron was bright and had some extraordinary talents. It's not entirely unthinkable that the parents of a classmate of Kyron's could have been upset that their child wasn't as smart or creative as the little boy or didn't get as much recognition for his/her efforts as Kyron. jmo

Police release replica of Kyron’s glasses
Story Published: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - On Monday night the Multnomah County Sheriff’s office released photographs of a replica of the eyeglasses missing second-grader Kyron Horman was last seen wearing.

http://www.katu.com/news/photos/96353964.html

Attachments

• 100614_kyron_frames-front_615.jpg
    100614_kyron_frames-front_615.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100614_frames-side.jpg
    100614_frames-side.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100614_kyron_frames-back.jpg
    100614_kyron_frames-back.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Kyron_Horman_pants_back.jpg
    Kyron_Horman_pants_back.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Kyron_Horman_shirt1.jpg
    Kyron_Horman_shirt1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
Well, that was an interesting tidbit of information but sort of irrelevant in the discussion of the e-mail if all the 15.000 didn't get the email and if it wasn't intended for all of them.

I thought it was useful info as a reader. While it may not have been written to the entire company, an email of such magnitude would likely have been forwarded around within the company pretty quickly.

Police release replica of Kyron’s glasses
Story Published: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM PDT.

PORTLAND, Ore. - On Monday night the Multnomah County Sheriff’s office released photographs of a replica of the eyeglasses missing second-grader Kyron Horman was last seen wearing.

http://www.katu.com/news/photos/96353964.html

Attachments

• Kyron_Horman_shirt_csi1.jpg
    Kyron_Horman_shirt_csi1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Kyron_Horman_shoes1.jpg
    Kyron_Horman_shoes1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Kyron_Horman_socks.jpg
    Kyron_Horman_socks.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
First post, although I have also been a lurker for quite some time.

And this may seem so stupid to some, and may have even been posted previously:

Is it at ALL possible that an animal may have gotten him in the woods? i am unfamiliar with that area (what COULD be in the woods, how dense they are, etc). But is it possible a wolf/bear, etc may have gotten him?

Janitors don't have a uniform- they wear whatever they want to. The ones at my school wear jeans and t-shirts. Some are in their early 20s. Do you want them to dress like they're 40?

No. Not at all. I would think they'd wear some sort of uniform (even if just jeans and a shirt identifying at least the school or something) with a name badge or other identification. I went through school never, ever seeing anyone in street clothes that worked at the school in that capacity. Yes, they were all public schools, and a bunch of them, at that. That's just a security risk....even if someone else could acquire a "uniform", not having some sort of ID on them for all to see is a security risk.

Regarding the email sent to Intel employees....

My husband and Father are both quality engineers so I have a little bit of background into "the engineer" way of thinking and how things are done at least at their workplaces. I've seen several emails that have gone out regarding tragedies, weddings, funerals, illnesses etc. This seems to be common place at least for them. My take on the tone of the email is that it's professional because it's being sent to employees and that it's a professional environment. I can tell if I need to talk to my husband or father at work that their attitude is much different and they tend to use more professional language than at home. I think it was merely to let the people he works with know what is going on and why he won't be at work. This isn't something you'd leave as a greeting on your desk phone. Rather than having people gossip about what happened at work and getting it wrong he's telling what happened himself. I see it as completely normal. IMO.

I did just watch John Walsh on the Today Show. He seemed to want to keep it open as to whether the "perp" could be a family member or SO, but he did revisit a family member a few times.

I am really torn up about this case, since I have 3 boys of my own. I really can't shake the feeling that whoever took him (and at this point I don't believe he wandered away) was familiar to him in some way. So sad.

The easiest way to do that kind of a background is to purchase a poster, wall paper, or aquarium background sheets, then use a spray glue to spray the poster and the board, smooth it across and its perfect.....easy as pie, actually. Some teacher supply stores even carry bulletin board background paper that will work for poster boards also. With sm being a teacher, she would know where to get that kind of thing. Occasionally, even stores like Office Max will carry display boards specifically geared to science fair projects.

ITA that he didn't wander away, and the reference to John Walsh proves how easy it is for someone to walk into a crowd of people, approach a child and leave unnoticed. And for those accusing sm, remember what was wrongly implied about that child's mother, also, and they were WRONG.

jmoo

No. Not at all. I would think they'd wear some sort of uniform (even if just jeans and a shirt identifying at least the school or something) with a name badge or other identification. I went through school never, ever seeing anyone in street clothes that worked at the school in that capacity. Yes, they were all public schools, and a bunch of them, at that. That's just a security risk....even if someone else could acquire a "uniform", not having some sort of ID on them for all to see is a security risk.

I completely agree. That is a huge security risk to have employees in street clothes or without a photo ID in plain sight-like hanging around their neck. Anyone could walk up to a child and say "I'm the janitor can you help me take this trash outside?".

What troubles me is the lack of scent found by the dogs on the afternoon Kyron was discovered missing.

Welcome aeasmmikey :) I don't know but those are good questions for a first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop