OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miranda rights only attach during a police interrogation. If the LE present isn't asking questions of a suspect, then would be no problem.
Miranda rights attach any time one is in any type of police "custody". What I mean is if it is highly irregular for LE to stay at the home of someone they consider a suspect, and they are there unwelcomed, it could be argued that they should have been mirandized because they questioned them and stayed at their home under the guise of helping when the homeowners did not have a choice if they stayed or not. if that is the case, I would argue that they are in custody as they are not free in the complete sense of the word.

But I personally don't think that they are doing anything irregular as having a police liasion in a high profile missing case is SOP in many cases.

There seems to be quite a bit of (probably in-camera) sharpening here. This would happen when the photo is taken early in the morning with available light and the camera tries to compensate for poor conditions. Still a wonderful memory photo. I think the left arm next to the desk is obscured by the oversize of the t-shirt.
Hmmm....what time DOES the sun come up in Portland? Maybe Kyron and his mom arrived significantly before 8:00?

Kyron Harmon and his step-mom were at Skyline Elementary before 8 in the morning.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...on+Harmon+slide+show&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Since Stepmom and Kyron arrived 45 minutes before the 8:45 am start of school, this would certainly explain the emptiness of the room where Kyron’s science project was displayed. :waitasec:

IMO, it must have been much later that the school became full of people.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...-school-boy-vanished/story?id=10864503&page=2

Did you notice the two people in the background in the picture?

One of those pics does have a man in it so there was a visual witness.
Yes, I wished we knew just how early this photo was taken. There are only two people in this room at the "very busy science fair" as evidenced by this photo.

Hmmm....what time DOES the sun come up in Portland. Maybe Kyron and his mom arrived significantly before 8:00?

That Friday it was cold, cloudy and rainy. The sun didn't really come up.

Kyron Harmon and his step-mom were at Skyline Elementary before 8 in the morning.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...on+Harmon+slide+show&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Since Stepmom and Kyron arrived 45 minutes before the 8:45 am start of school, this would certainly explain the emptiness of the room where Kyron’s science project was displayed.
kyron%20horman.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...-school-boy-vanished/story?id=10864503&page=2

That's interesting. I remember an early report that a teacher saw them at 8:15. Tanner says Kyron was there at least "an hour" but what does that even mean to a 7 year old? I told my 7 year old niece I was pregnant and would be having a baby in 6 months; two weeks later when I saw her next, she asked if I would be having the baby "tomorrow!"

In any case, I wonder who else saw Tanner between 8:15 and 8:45 when TH last reports seeing him?

When did they start searching Sauvie Island? The day of the field trip? Maybe someone from the class saw something there.

I think Miranda rights are when a person is arrested. Up until that point LE can ask all that they want, right?
One does not have to be arrested to be entitled to their miranda warning. they only have to be in custody or in a custodial type situation.

In the Casey Anthony case, the detectives had to make a point to her that she was free to leave the conference room at Universal stdios where they were talking to her at any time. They did this because they did not want it to be considered a custodial situation because then she would have to be mirandized.

Sofia, I'm citing a quote from a KGW news story: "As it happens one of the Skyline parents is . . ." - - goes on to say who, lives and has a farm market on Sauvie Island. Link to story, thread starts at about 1:50.

http://www.kgw.com/thesquare/Searching-for-Kyron-One-week-later-96194359.html

RoseCityGal

I was on another message board when the Smart kidnapping happened and boy did they tear Ed Smart and family apart. Because of that I try to be careful what I say about the family, they are going through hell as it is.

That Friday it was cold, cloudy and rainy. The sun didn't really come up.

Well, it was cold, cloudy and rainy, but the sun does come up pretty early - a little after 5am. There have been several days in the past two weeks when I've stayed up all night without sleeping, and the birds start tweeting with the dawn well before 6am.

Sooo, Kyron's case will be on NG tonight??
Is it? Does any one know?I never thought I'd say this.But GOOD.Maybe she will find out some answers.I can't watch it.I don't have cable or T.V.

Since Stepmom and Kyron arrived 45 minutes before the 8:45 am start of school, this would certainly explain the emptiness of the room where Kyron’s science project was displayed. :waitasec:
kyron%20horman.jpg

It makes sense to me to get there early. That was a big project to be lugging around; SM probably wanted to be parked close to the door near Kyron's classroom. That would have been my plan anyway. Then again, I'm lazy. lol

Not many regulars or irregulars were seen in the photo of Kyron and his science project on a day when the school was supposedly full of people. Maybe that is because stepmom took him to school 45 minutes before the start of the school day.:waitasec:

The school opened at 8 that morning specifically so that students and their families could come in and see the projects. That was in a number of the early articles. In fact, Ms. Zimmerman, head of the PTA IIRC, was there in Kyron's classroom at 8:15 when the SM took that picture of Kyron.

This has all been discussed a number of times throughout these threads.

Early info in a case is often inaccurate, so I'm not surprised that one article says before 8. Numerous articles since have confirmed that the school opened at 8, and SM and Kyron arrived shortly afterwards - along with other parents and their children.

When did they start searching Sauvie Island? The day of the field trip? Maybe someone from the class saw something there.

Jules, i'm not sure which day they started searching Sauvie, but the clip is from June 11, and it suggests they were already searching that day prior to the trip, based on how it is reported.

I think the chances are very slim that the LE don't have an idea of who took Kyron. One of the reasons I think they know who did this is because there has not been an official National plea for help. The perp had at least 7 hours to drive anywhere in the US. But they kept searches local, very local....

Anybody else have thoughts on whether LE knows who the perp is?

Can we agree that we have no idea why LE is staying with the family, if they are?

Sorry, can't agree. I believe the sheriff explained things in a way that makes it clear why.

Yes, salt is always good unless the info comes from LE. I got an inside tip about that plus no family showing up for the talent show at 1 {before it was known he was missing from school} were factors looked at by LE in the case. BTW, what I heard came thru 2 people away from the source, so it is a bit salty too! xox

Gee whiz! Inside tips are just pouring out over the internet, huh, scandi!!

Not many regulars or irregulars were seen in the photo of Kyron and his science project on a day when the school was supposedly full of people. Maybe that is because stepmom took him to school 45 minutes before the start of the school day.:waitasec:

There is another picture which shows at least one other person in the background. There is also a credible witness to exactly when the photo was taken. Those are facts.

Over here, on science fair days, it would not be unusual to arrive at school early and have time to set up the project before school actually began. I would imagine that is normal practice in many, many schools.

Do you think the early arrival is indicative of anything having to do with Kyron's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member