OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the idea that he left to look for a frog has been thrown around. Is it possible that someone at the fair noticed his project and said "hey, there are lots of frogs in the woods or by that pond" and either a.) Kyron decided to go check it out or b.) that person said "I will show you if you meet me by the back door at (x time). Don't tell anyone, 'cause we could get into trouble"? Just trying to think of scenarios that could work. We have no idea if someone (predatory) has been watching this kid all along, a "friend" of the family or a neighbor or even just someone who went to the school that day looking for a victim. If it's someone that knows the school well, they may have already known that security was lax on special days, or known that it would be easy to pretend to be there for the science fair (it might have been on the school sign outside?). Said person may have already checked doors and realized the back door would not be alarmed.

I am shocked to see that people can just walk in and out of an elementary school. In my city in the public and private schools, all doors are locked and every single visitor is "vetted" by videocam and speaker before they are let inside (even on science and book fair days). Parents must call by 7:40 if your child will not be attending that day or the school calls you. If your child doesn't attend class and isn't on the master list of absentees, parents are immediately called. Kids can't skip school because they can't get out of the school without the office videotaping them. All the schools also have outside videocams just in case kids are smoking weed or whatever outside.

Can't do anything but pray in this case.

I am shocked, and saddened, that it's come to this :(

So, let's say he walked straight out of the building for some reason-why? He seemed pretty happy in the science fair picture....his friends seem to describe him as happy.

Maybe someone took his hand and led him outside. I shutter to think about it.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

I wonder how common the knowledge is that the back door to the parking lot is not monitored/alarmed? Is this something that someone who's had kids in the school before would know? Something that would be easy to figure out by watching/observing?

Maybe someone took his hand and led him outside. I shutter to think about it.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.
BBM It is unbelievable that an elementary school would have an unsecured door. I read that this town was like Mayberry, but predators are everywhere.

I have to say, IMO this was a crime of opportunity committed by someone connected to that school. To snatch Kyron (if in fact that is what happened), the perp would have had to have known that this particular day was a deviation from the norm, what with the science fair and talent show and all that.

Having rules in place that require visitors to check in or otherwise make themselves known are irrelevant; I have to assume that they weren't stringently enforced b/c I get the general impression from this school that they had a "it won't happen here" mentality.

Prayers for Kyron, that he is found safe - prayers also for the other students at the school, the undercurrent there has to be terrifying.

News stories led me to believe that Kyron and his sm dropped his coat and backpack in his classroom and then proceeded to a different room that was holding the science fair. But Kyron's exhibit was set up in his own classroom. Here's a pic from http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/news/23806039/detail.html titiled "Tour Kyron's Classroom. Underneath is the picture of Kyron by his exhibit. I've drawn lines to show a few of the items that show they are both pictures of the same room.
kyronsclassroom.jpg

When you look at the pictures in their larger form, it is much more obvious. (The picture of Kyron's friend is taken in a different room. The stuff around the border is different.)

I am very intrigued by your photo comparison of Kyron's classroom against photo of Kyron in front of project, Steadfast.....

So if Kyron's project was on display in his ACTUAL classroom, as opposed to a different classroom, doesn't that change the SM timeline?

Didn't she state that she and Kyron visited the classroom where project was on display and then she proceeded to walk him down the hallway to HIS classroom , although not actually walking him all the way INTO the classroom, but instead leaving him in the hallway?

If they were already IN HIS classroom, when and why did they leave the classroom, only to return later?

And just a PS....after seeing the photos of Kyron's schoolwork on your news link, no way Kyron had much involvement in creating his project...

Just had an awful thought - I hope they are looking at other students in the school as possible perpetrators. It sounds terrible, but isn't unheard of any more. :(

The mom stated that she dropped him off at 8:45 am, but the school day didn’t start until 10:00 am. That leaves 1 hour and 15 minutes for something awful to happen to an unsupervised child. Did the school not explain to the parents that there would not be school until 10:00 am? (This is disturbing!)

"The school day didn't start till 10:00 a.m. that day because of the science fair."

http://www.examiner.com/x-46795-Mis...econd-grader-Kyron-Horman-missing-from-school

The way I understand it is the school opened at 8 am for the Science Fair (to walk around and look at all the exhibits with your parent(s). At 8:45 you would return to your class and be grouped up with one parent volunteer and 4-5 kids to go look at all the science projects as a group. I believe 8:45 is when school started regularly. This is when attendance should have been taken IMO. They would then finish with the science fair and return to class at 10:00.

The science projects were set up in the classrooms, but was there also something in the gym? The only place I think I read that was the comments about the SM telling teacher of an appt.

This is odd,if it's not been mentioned from her FB.

I don't do that stuff, so I don't know for sure how it works, but someone on another thread says these things post automatically to your FB (implying the person may not have actually been "playing" when they posted).

My fear is he wandered into that thick brush/forest next to the school... maybe looking for a frog :(

I thought of that to Calliope. But he would have been found already. IDK

Quick question for anyone who would know. Kyron's step mom is a licenced teacher for elementary school, I understand from what I read that she isn't currently employed. Do we know if she ever taught at the school where Kyron was missing from?

I ask because she may have a bond with many of the staff, if they heard her say Kyron has an appointment they wouldn't think anything of it I'm sure when he wasn't there later in the day. What did she think Kyron would be doing for the remainder of the day due to the fact school did not start for over an hour offically? His project was being displayed in his classroom, the one that she stated she seen him heading to at 8:45 a.m. or is that the start of the day? If it was how did he disapear in the few seconds she seen him last? If he left the building she may have seen him leave then?(just thinking outloud)

Science projects take up a lot of space. There could have been some in the classrooms and then others in the gym area.

Another aside, could he have left because he got nervous about the talent show?

Another student also saw him at a south entrance in the later morning hours. This came out as LE was interviewing the parents and students yesterday.

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

Staton is the Sheriff.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

A fellow student said Kyron was spotted near his classroom in the late morning hours of Friday, but he otherwise has not been seen since then.

Also stated by the Sheriff in the video in the upper right hand corner of the page.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

This makes me wonder if that students memory is wrong, that the student either didn't see Kyron or it was earlier in the morning when he/she did see him. The only photo Kyron shows up in is the one the stepmom took of him standing next to his project and no one else saw Kyron after the stepmom left.

I am very intrigued by your photo comparison of Kyron's classroom against photo of Kyron in front of project, Steadfast.....

So if Kyron's project was on display in his ACTUAL classroom, as opposed to a different classroom, doesn't that change the SM timeline?

Didn't she state that she and Kyron visited the classroom where project was on display and then she proceeded to walk him down the hallway to HIS classroom , although not actually walking him all the way INTO the classroom, but instead leaving him in the hallway?

If they were already IN HIS classroom, when and why did they leave the classroom, only to return later?

And just a PS....after seeing the photos of Kyron's schoolwork on your news link, no way Kyron had much involvement in creating his project...

I took it as they stopped by his classroom first to drop off his backpack and show his SM his project all set up. Then maybe they walked around the different classes (I think there is a pic of another child's project from a different class on her fb). After they were done looking at the projects and at just about 8:45 he needed to return to his class to get grouped up and that is when she said goodbye and he was to walk back to class.

I'm wondering if the boy in the family photos and in science pics was accounted for at 8:45 in class.The grandmother or family friend said he wouldn't go out by himself,but if another child he knew wanted him to go he would.Maybe to look for tree frogs.Could he have went out with another child and the child went back in the school,and left Kyron,he got lost in the woods.Look how long it took to find Nadia and Zoey,they weren't that far away,but all the overheads and searchers couldn't find them right off.Probably not the scenario,but better than what it might be.

Maybe Kyron and the other tree frog project producer??

IIRC, there was another student with the same project topic.

Since, it's been reported he was timid and likely wouldn't go alone.

More details on the back lot.

There are two exits into the rear parking/recreational lot.
ScreenHunter_01Jun070152.jpg

And the second one:
ScreenHunter_02Jun070152-1.jpg

Please note that in image #1 you can see that the building on the right is two stories high on one side and the exit on the back of that building (image #2) is from the second (top floor) and opens onto the parking lot/recreational lot.

I was just listening to the news, on fox12 live webcast. The anchor woman reporting said that he didn't arrive home at 3:45 and then a bit later, the teachers and staff called the non emergency number to report him missing.

Another inconsistent report from the media? Maybe the news woman was not informed correctly of who called.:waitasec: idk anymore...... Or are the teachers and staff the ones that called the non emergency number to report him missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3