OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, tossing out a theory.

What if there has been a ransom demand, but something about the "kidnapper" doesn't ring true. LE might be operating on a double pronged investigation. One to search for Kyron in case the "kidnapper" is just trying to get some money off a missing child case, and one focusing on the "kidnapper" in case it is real.

They might not want $$ being tossed around, which might make the "kidnapper" assume there is plenty.

They would still be searching, but fairly certain that another child is not in danger while the "kidnapper" is in communication with them.

They might keep the family locked down, believing that a hysterical mother might fuel the "kidnapper's" high. I would assume that the more info and drama, the better for someone like that. If we are frustrated, just imagine how angry someone looking for attention would be right now.

Or maybe I've just been watching too much L & O. :blushing:

HI NELLIE! Welcome to Websleuths! I can tell you're going to be a huge asset with such a well thought out first post!

kyron+searchers.jpg

Kyron-Horman-search-inset.jpg

0606kyron_horman2.jpg

http://www.king5.com/home/Family-of...-optimistic-95857599.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=7

I completely agree w/ you. I do believe GOD led him to Nadia. GOD Bless that man!!

Btw, I uploaded a pic ... can someone tell me how to add it to my profile?

At the top of the page next to home click user cp. YOu should see it from there.

Followed by a short lecture from the family laison to leave this family alone. And he wasn't nice about it either. I really want to rewatch this presser.

Ditto. Hope it's up soon.

I am so far behind, and I have to leave .... I have changed my avi for Kyron, hope some answers are found soon......

If we heard correctly and they have NOT searched Kyron's own home and property...that would bother me. Polygraphs should have been done, house and property searched. In every single case.

I am not bothered by the lack of civilian searchers only because in THIS case they have "hundreds" of trained searchers. With Zoey and Nadia there was not such a huge number.

The reward makes no sense whatsoever to me. Unless there is a ransom involved... and they are concerned that the perp will believe he can just keep Kyron longer and people will keep increasing the "reward" which could then be added to the ransom.

The ransom situation would also explain the extreme protection of the family.

Sheriff would not comment if a magistrate had been asked for a search warrant. He stated that they have not searched the family's property.

A reporter stated that somebody from community offered more money for the reward, but was told to wait. The sheriff agreed but would not comment on who is making the community member wait or why they must wait????

ok, I didn't hear him make that direct statement.

Same here...has that fact been established does anyone know for a fact if his home was searched? (bear w/me trying to catch up on all the threads and the press conference all at once)

Praying Praying Praying that Kyron is found soon!! Heart is with his family.

I hate to ask this but I wonder if they have searched any landfills?

I've seen this Q come up several times & meant to answer. There are NO landfills in the area.
We truck our trash out to Eastern Oregon. :(

Did the family really write this? Doesn't at all sound like a statement written by the family, especially because it refers to them in third person. This is the sum total of the statement:

Kyron's family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued efforts strengthens their hope.We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your property, your cars, your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property. There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don't stop.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95985679.html

I agree. This looks like it was written by LE. Otherwise it would say our family, our son, our hope.

Followed by a short lecture from the family laison to leave this family alone. And he wasn't nice about it either. I really want to rewatch this presser.

I'm glad he was firm about it. People need to show more compassion and stop all this crucifixion of families going through these tragedies.

MOO, of course.

I've seen this Q come up several times & meant to answer. There are NO landfills in the area.
We truck our trash out to Eastern Oregon. :(

I hate to even type this, but let's just say he was murdered and thrown in a trash can or dumpster (like a few recent cases..so sad, but it happens), then that trash would go to Eastern OR?
Well, I would think maybe a search would be going on there maybe.

JMO

There was two very key differences here that are just SO hinky to me.

I'm having such a hard time with the step-mother. I need to go away for a bit and come back when it's over.

I would love to know what the 2 key differences are but if you feel you can't share, I understand.

If we heard correctly and they have NOT searched Kyron's own home and property...that would bother me. Polygraphs should have been done, house and property searched. In every single case.

I am not bothered by the lack of civilian searchers only because in THIS case they have "hundreds" of trained searchers. With Zoey and Nadia there was not such a huge number.

The reward makes no sense whatsoever to me. Unless there is a ransom involved... and they are concerned that the perp will believe he can just keep Kyron longer and people will keep increasing the "reward" which could then be added to the ransom.

The ransom situation would also explain the extreme protection of the family.

In regards to the ransom theories, this is the first case where I have legitimately thought it was a possible scenario, for the same reasons.

I would so love to see some locals posting on this thread. On other threads local input has been so helpful to us more distant sleuths to get a feel for the area, its people, what the lay of the land is so to speak.

Where are you my locals? We need all the help we can get to get this kiddo home.

Hi Tlcox - I'm local and wish I had more input. I'm trying to follow these quickly moving threads but most questions get answered fairly quickly. It's been so hard to come up with more without an info from LE, I'm just having faith that we will know something soon.

Anyway, I'm happy to answer any specific questions about the area, drive around, take pictures, whatever might be helpful. I drove the area on Saturday and gave a detailed description in the first thread (seems like forever ago) happy to do more.

Same here...has that fact been established does anyone know for a fact if his home was searched? (bear w/me trying to catch up on all the threads and the press conference all at once)

Praying Praying Praying that Kyron is found soon!! Heart is with his family.

Saying that they haven't executed a search warrant doesn't mean they haven't searched the home and property.

I can't see this operation, as tight and controlled as it is, overlooking something as fundamental as searching the family home. I don't think they're that dense.

JMO, of course.

They reportedly have a sheriff’s deputy with them at all times, though sheriff's officials say none of Kyron's relatives is considered a suspect. His parents got divorced in 2003, right around the time he was born. His mom lives in Medford, about 275 miles away, and according to relatives, sees her son on a regular basis. She's in Portland now, and the family is reportedly cooperating with investigators, and of course, asking for the public's help to bring Kyron home.
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/09/oregon-missing-boy-mystery-day-6/

I'm glad he was firm about it. People need to show more compassion and stop all this crucifixion of families going through these tragedies.

MOO, of course.

Yeah but it's hard to tell sometime who is a vic and who is a perp. Not saying this is the case here. But it is valid to question the role of those closest to a vic. It may not be allowed at WS, but it is still valid. The stats back up that a caregiver, be it parent, bf, gf, etc etc are the most likely to have direct involvement in a childs disappearance or death. Stranger abductions are very very rare.

I have my own questions I feel are valid, but for obvious reasons I don't voice them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3