OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what you think about what happened to Kyron, can we all agree that the two press conferences today were....

AAAAarrghhgghghgh!!!

I need to cry for a while. What in God's name happened to this cute little boy?

Where is Kyron?

:(

But would they really make this huge and rapid search effort if they didn't think there was a chance he's alive. From what I've read here of the pc, I have more hope than before.

So Samuel was 8 when he was taken?

IIRC, Samuel was autistic and ran away from his Dad while they were on an outing at Crater Lake. His dad looked for him for hours. He hasn't been found, I don't think they were leaning toward a foul-play type situation.

Have there been any threats against any other family members? That would certainly explain the police protection surrounding the family and the apparent lack of comments from them.

catching up, yet again (ahhh for a busy mom life outside of internet;))

but SM's family members were jumped by a gang 3 days prior to him going missing.
However, this was in Roseville, CA

Why are they being so secretive?? Its almost like they want no help trying to find him! This is sooooooooooooooo Bizarre!!!

I am hoping they are being secretive because they know he is alive and will continue to release very little info until he is found....

If this is what is takes I am all for it!

Still no new news? :( why can't they find him?

Can't stop thinking about Kyron.... I hope he's still alive and just lost and cofused... but it's look less and less likely... 5 days alone is a long time for a such a little, little guy!

We're guna bring you home buddy x

OMG... That is some rugged terrain they are searching.... Wonder what TES and Tim Miller could turn up ? Wonder if the family knows about TES ?

Why do you say 'taken'?

Crater Lake is an isolated recreational area that is 'near' Medford in the sense that it's in the same 300 mile radius. Crater Lake is at 6100 feet elevation; if a person wants to live rough, there are much more temperate, accessible places than up there.

The most logical explanation for Samuel's situation is that he died of exposure after separating from his dad.

I am hoping they are being secretive because they know he is alive and will continue to release very little info until he is found....

If this is what is takes I am all for it!

I totally agree!~
Is it usual for such a large SAR effort, including assitance from the FBI, when there is no hope that the endangered/missing person is still alive?

I remember him. He was 8 when his father said he disappeared into the woods when they pulled their car over beside the road near Crater Lake.

I believe there was never any reason to believe he was "taken". JMO

But would they really make this huge and rapid search effort if they didn't think there was a chance he's alive. From what I've read here of the pc, I have more hope than before.

They have to do that, because if there's a chance he wandered off, they're down to the wire on how long he can live out in the woods or wherever.

Meanwhile while they look for him for that reason, they're also looking for evidence of a) an abduction (piece of clothing torn and stuck to a bush, cigarette a perp threw on the ground, footprints of a perp, etc.), and b) his little body :(

My understanding of how they work, MOO, etc - I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means.

It does almost sound as if they don't want help...short of saying "butt out." Not sure why they are even having these PC.

I doubt very much that this is any sort of ransom thing...they would not be importing searchers like this, in this weather, on day 6, if they had received ransom call, IMO.

Boy, they sure tend to backtrack on sightings at the school, don't they?

IIRC, Samuel was autistic and ran away from his Dad while they were on an outing at Crater Lake. His dad looked for him for hours. He hasn't been found, I don't think they were leaning toward a foul-play type situation.

I remember that story. :( How heartbreaking to never have answers.

It does almost sound as if they don't want help...short of saying "butt out." Not sure why they are even having these PC.

I think they are still having the press conferences to try and keep the media at bay. Can you imagine if they stopped having them? Having two a day keeps them pretty much satisfied even though they aren't really getting anything new...

I still question, and I noticed a lady reporter did also, WHY they waited until day 6 to throw everything at this? We're really down to the wire now on how long that little boy can survive IF he is out there.

Also, I'm tired of hearing they can't/won't comment on anything. That's exactly the way LE was in the Haleigh Cummings case and look where it got them.

Hopefully, prayerfully, may these people know what they're doing.

This was the other case of I believe another 8 year old who disappeared in Oregon, in the woods. Also winter and cold...blizzard hit. But as you can see, the police believe he was abducted. There are tons of crazy people that live in the woods, and even if a child starts off lost, they could end up "taken"

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/engebretson_derrick.html

So, I've adjusted the timeline to reflect what we've learned from the press conferences today:

8:00 AM: Can't comment.

8:45 AM: Dunno.

9:00 AM: Absolutely can't comment.

10:00 AM: I'd tell ya if I could.

Yep,I was just reading his thread,he had gotten lost in Portland before.

"His son had wandered off before from the Sellwood Community Center in Portland and they called in Police and Fire and Rescue to help search only to have his mom find him a couple of hours later and I guess she went out and called sammy's the best hider or something similar."

Samuel was from Portland.

In cases of child abduction, it is always a good idea not to give out too many details, so the perp will not panic and harm or kill the child when he thinks LE is getting close or he is about to be found out. LE will sometimes tell family members more than they do the rest of the public ONLY if they can persuade the family not to talk to the media or answer questions. It is all for the safety of the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3