OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since LE and schools are both funded by tax dollars, I'm wondering if there's an element of protection in regards to liability.

The school needs, at the appropriate point, to acknowledge who screwed up, because screw up they did. MOO.

Well, lemme tell ya - I worked for a school system many long years ago - a residential facility. The head of the school only had an honorary doctorate, the head of the primary department got fired after many years because they somehow found out her credentials weren't all that. The Dean of Students ate himself into the hospital with pancreatitis while he knew there were drugs in the school, and his brother was a narc. The school psychologist committed suicide because she was having a love affair with another staff member.

Let me tell you, folks, these school people LIED, LIED, LIED. I finally had to quit and my parting words were, "...before I become as crazy as the rest of you."

Since then I've had run ins with other school systems that my own children attended. Yep, lying and covering their own behinds was still the word of the day. I had a run in with the COOK, the woman who prepared meals. I was warned she was bad tempered, but I had to call the school superintendent's office to get her to quit calling my 'phone like a maniac. Then the administrators all got together and asked if perhaps my TELEPHONE was malfunctioning. Yeah, right, malfunction with her voice on the other end and I even had a witness.

The point of this being, schools will cover themselves. They will, and they do lie, although I cannot say for a fact this one did, or will. I simply ask you to remember the Mainline Murders: Bill Bradfield, English teacher, killed Susan Reinhart, also an English teacher, and disappeared her two children - and a whole bunch of other teachers, plus a student, were somewhat involved - maybe more than somewhat. The principal of the school also ended up on death row but was released after his lawyer proved the State Police withheld and manufactured evidence.

Bottom line here, "folks", school isn't necessarily the safest place for your child to be, however, I have always found the school nurse someone you can count on.

NEW YORK, June 10, 2010
Sheriff: Kyron "Endangered" Missing Child

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Staton said the search has expanded to include 532 people on the ground. He said searchers from the FBI, the community and county agencies, will start at "Ground Zero" -- where Kyron was last seen -- and work out from there.

Staton said this next, ramped-up phase of the search also includes canine and air support. He added searchers will be expanding the operation further out from where they'd been focusing.

Staton said in the past seven days, police have also covered every home in the area where Kyron went missing. He confirmed interviews have been conducted with many families and children that go to the school with Kyron.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/10/earlyshow/main6567797.shtml

This is a huge search effort going on, apparently they think he is out there somewhere .... I don't but that is jmo....

What do we know about the sub, you don't suppose she needed help carrying anything to her car when she left? I hate to imply anything like that, but you never know...

Or someone else who asked for his help?

Several years ago in my city on Easter Sunday, a predator abducted a little girl from church with the ruse of helping him bring Easter flowers into the church. Thankfully, she was found later that day where he had let her out on the side of the road.

Because the tiny chance that Nancy Grace might call her or she might get a free trip to NY to be on the Today show is worth more than this child's life to her.

People like that will make stuff up, if the truth isn't salacious enough.

People like what, do you know the woman? I have no reason to believe she's lying.

I enjoy and respect your posts, puf, but I'm not sure i agree with you this time.

Here is a really interesting article:

"PORTLAND, Ore. - A retired Portland police detective said Wednesday the silence the parents of 7-year-old Kyron Horman have maintained after his disappearance isn’t unheard of but it’s not the norm either."

Snipped

Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother, hasn’t been completely silent. She has spent some time on Facebook since Friday responding to posts from friends and talking about her workouts, which is more that Jensen said he finds unusual.

“What I know from being an investigator and dealing with parents in tragic situations like this - homicides, kidnappings, stuff like that - they just really couldn’t much function other than to sit and wait for us to call,” he said.

Jensen said investigators could be asking the Horman’s to be silent and to carry on with their lives as normal, but he said in his experience it is extremely difficult for families to be quiet and stay away from a search scene when a loved one, especially a child, is missing.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html
I'm going to say something here.I hope I don't offend anyone.If I do I'm sorry.I can understand them not wanting the media and not wanting to be bashed and critized and cut down.It's sad it has happened to other people.But I do not understand why they are not pleading for thier sons safe return home.I'm sorry.But I just don't understand this.Who put out little Kyrons fliers? Theres too much hush here.Why?I just hope LE knows more than they are saying and they have a good idea of who took this little boy.My heart goes out to them and I pray their Kyron is found safely.I will say no more on this and just follow this little boys case.I pray they find him quickly.

Since LE and schools are both funded by tax dollars, I'm wondering if there's an element of protection in regards to liability.

The school needs, at the appropriate point, to acknowledge who screwed up, because screw up they did. MOO.

Great question. The school has to protect itself. They were responsible for Kyron that day. When you send your child to school, you don't sign a waiver form saying that if he is abducted, the school is not at fault.

Also - The school district is paid by the number of children that are in attendance on a certain day of school. It would be in their best interest to try to calm the fears of the public and make sure that children are returning to this school.

I wouldn't though. The "no comment" answers would make me keep my child at home.

kyronhorman_370x278.jpg

What a great picture, where are you little one :(

Well, lemme tell ya - I worked for a school system many long years ago - a residential facility. The head of the school only had an honorary doctorate, the head of the primary department got fired after many years because they somehow found out her credentials weren't all that. The Dean of Students ate himself into the hospital with pancreatitis while he knew there were drugs in the school, and his brother was a narc. The school psychologist committed suicide because she was having a love affair with another staff member.

...snipped

Educrats. I see it all the time in public school systems here. But I will say that we have some great schools, and some not so great schools that try to run themselves as private schools instead of as public schools. The not so great schools limit parental participation, because they don't want to lose their tight control, and they don't like light to be shown on their practices and policies.

Omgosh I have to bite my tongue this morning. I just don't understand.

But it looks like to me miscommunication between the two teachers. Once the regular teacher left, I'm sure the sub figured the reg teacher found out about Kyron. And continue oh her day.

But isn’t there multiple classes or periods? There would be more than one teacher seeing that he was gone in their class OR is it all dependant on the first class that they attend as being marked as absent?
It should be that with each class he was in attendance is called. – History class –English class – etc.
Also like I said before there was a science fair at noon that his booth was empty - that should have been a sign as well - setting everything up and not being there?? Everybody walking by and wondering where Kyron was at? I am sure he talked about his display of the Frog for days to everyone - excited to share and show. He looks so proud in the photo..

I'm going to say something here.I hope I don't offend anyone.If I do I'm sorry.I can understand them not wanting the media and not wanting to be bashed and critized and cut down.It's sad it has happened to other people.But I do not understand why they are not pleading for thier sons safe return home.I'm sorry.But I just don't understand this.Who put out little Kyrons fliers? Theres too much hush here.Why?I just hope LE knows more than they are saying and they have a good idea of who took this little boy.My heart goes out to them and I pray their Kyron is found safely.I will say no more on this and just follow this little boys case.I pray they find him quickly.

Before her Facebook account was made private, the stepmother said she had fliers made and was passing them out and other "folks" were posting that they were taking fliers to different places, too.

I don't really know what to think about all of this but I do know one thing...its super weird, the whole thing. Maybe LE has asked the family to continue with their normal routines, as I think the article stated but who knows. The school will and should have to answer questions, no doubt about that. I don't know if this had been discussed already but if his backpack and was it his jacket? were in the classroom then did the teacher not think it was odd that it was there and he wasn't? I think thats what I remember that they had dropped his stuff off in his classroom that morning. If someone can clear that up? Also why would a teacher say maybe he was in the bathroom and not follow up? My hubby used to work at a school and headcounts were done constantly and if a child wasn't where they were supposed to be it was followed up on immediately. This is all just so weird.

Anyone know if they have released the initial 911 call?

Before her Facebook account was made private, the stepmother said she had fliers made and was passing them out and other "folks" were posting that they were taking fliers to different places, too.
Thank you.I'm glad they are doing this.

But isn’t there multiple classes or periods? There would be more than one teacher seeing that he was gone in their class OR is it all dependant on the first class that they attend as being marked as absent?
It should that with each class he was in attendance is called. – History class –English class – etc.
Also like I said before there was a science fair at noon that his booth was empty - that should have been a sign as well - setting everything up and not being there?? Everybody walking by and wondering where Kyron was at? I am sure he talked about his display of the Frog for days to everyone - excited to share and show. He looks so proud in the photo..

I don't know if the children swap rooms and teachers. That seems kinda young. When I was in 2 grade we did move to another classroom to do a subject. But it was right next door and we all line up, can't remember if they took attendance once we all sat down.

Here's an interesting tidbit. I was just reading a six-month-old issue of Wired magazine earlier this morning, and there's an interesting article on the human body's chemical and temperature signatures.

Here's the lead in into the article:

You make and impression. Not personally--who cares about that? But your body emits a thermal signature. Your breathing is loud. You smell (sorry). Your brain crackles with electricity. And it's all detectable. That's good news if you want to be rescued from a collapsed building and bad news if you're planting an IED. At least you're leaving a mark on the world. -- PATRICK DI JUSTO

Body Heat Detection latest technology... get this: Detection - 12 miles. Emission - infrared. Signature - 133 Watts. Detection - Thermal Imaging Camera.

That's amazing, isn't it!

No offense taken. This would probably be the lead story on Nancy Grace if Jordan wouldn't have popped back up in the news.

If it seems that the police aren't treating the main family as a suspect, trust me -- they are. They have to be extremely careful in making it seem as if they are considering them "persons of interest" -- everyone is afraid of legal action in this county and you have to cross your ts and dot your is.

I do have faith they know what they are doing.

Do you think Texas Equusearch will get involved?
Just wondering..

Wonder if they will have pressers today?? Another day of "No Comments"?? I ask this, why even hold pressers if LE is not going to release any info, I don't get it :banghead:

No offense taken. This would probably be the lead story on Nancy Grace if Jordan wouldn't have popped back up in the news.

If it seems that the police aren't treating the main family as a suspect, trust me -- they are. They have to be extremely careful in making it seem as if they are considering them "persons of interest" -- everyone is afraid of legal action in this county and you have to cross your ts and dot your is.

I do have faith they know what they are doing.

Liaisons serve two purposes... to get info from the family to LE, and to get info to LE from the family.

Liaisons are not just there to serve them tea and finger sandwiches... They are observing, too, and you can bet that the liaisons are debriefed each morning and night when they switch shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966