OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it seems that the police aren't treating the main family as a suspect, trust me -- they are. They have to be extremely careful in making it seem as if they are considering them "persons of interest" -- everyone is afraid of legal action in this county and you have to cross your ts and dot your is.

I do have faith they know what they are doing.

I have faith in the LE working on this case, and I think they have made it clear that Kyron's stepmom and dad are not suspects.

It's clear to me that they had nothing to do with what happened to Kyron, particularly since we now have confirmation that she left the school without Kyron, and he remained there and was saw there.

MOO

We haven't even been able to look beneath the surface of this case, but already I've plotted out a great mystery novel. Don't hate me, that's just the way my mind works and rest assured I would give my own remaining years if they would mean life to Kyron.

First we have a stepmother, never a good sign. Second we have an older sibling who no longer lives with the family, but lives on a farm where he can keep his horse, and is going to attend a camp out with his natural father that week end.

Next we have a teacher who poo poos a sub-teacher's warning that someone is missing -then ONE of them (who?) leaves.

Then we have a natural father who asks that a horse farm be searched? Hmm, wonder why? I really do, but remember, this is in novel format.

Next we have LE, a whole bunch, and more showing up when a lost child has reached the critical point - like maybe they could have come on day 4 instead of 7 when a lost little boy may not even be alive due to the elements, and all LE will say is "No comment"?????????

Like I said, the makings of a good novel, sorta like Cujo, but this boy may still be alive and this is not good reading. There's a life at stake here and something is WAY OFF. I hope they are approaching this as a three-prong attack, a LOST child, a child taken out of misguided love/feelings, a crime of passion, or a crime of opportunity. There are so many possibilities here I'm not sure I blame LE or the parents for not saying anything (although deep down I do).

I hope and pray this child can be found alive and well, and I hope and pray LE knows what they're doing, although from the case examples they used, I'm not real sure.

My opinion only

On such a busy day, science fair and Talent show, teachers failed to notice Kyron missing. And I guess assumed someone knew why. Even though they marked him absent, no one at that point would call home to let parents know.
Just maybe if so much wasn't going on someone would of realized Kyron was here but know gone. I'm sorry to say this but if his mom left at 8:45 then that school failed Kyron. Way before this incident they should of had meetings, and had all teachers and staff aware of these situations. They let there guards Even if Kyron walked out those doors, they should of had someone monitoring the doors since strangers where walking in. Even if Kyron left with someone, such a small school, everyone knows each other kinda setting, with a staff member by the door maybe none of this would of happen. Just my two cents.

Do you think Texas Equusearch will get involved?
Just wondering..

I have a very soft spot in my heart for Tim Miller, but I don't think so--not now. Maybe later when LE quits searching. But right now, Tim's methods probably wouldn't be of use to LE. Plus he draws on local volunteers, and Gates has said that no volunteers are wanted.

Maybe if Kyron isn't found in this final push, and if LE gives up, Tim will come in. But I'm really impressed with this big push today--550 professionals! Wow! That truly is amazing.

Every state ought to have an SAR system like Oregon's. I think it's really amazing. The photos of those SAR teams arriving kinda melted my heart this morning.

Tips have led to some searches away from the school but nothing was found. Talking about all the SAR crews coming in overnight.

Talking about the donation drop offs for SAR.

I have faith in the LE working on this case, and I think they have made it clear that Kyron's stepmom and dad are not suspects.

It's clear to me that they had nothing to do with what happened to Kyron, particularly since we now have confirmation that she left the school without Kyron, and he remained there and was saw there.

MOO

I've not seen anything from LE that has cleared Terri or Kaine yet.

JMO.

In the next half hour will hear from one of Kyron's teachers about how the students are doing.

Here's an interesting tidbit. I was just reading a six-month-old issue of Wired magazine earlier this morning, and there's an interesting article on the human body's chemical and temperature signatures.

Here's the lead in into the article:

You make and impression. Not personally--who cares about that? But your body emits a thermal signature. Your breathing is loud. You smell (sorry). Your brain crackles with electricity. And it's all detectable. That's good news if you want to be rescued from a collapsed building and bad news if you're planting an IED. At least you're leaving a mark on the world. -- PATRICK DI JUSTO

Body Heat Detection latest technology... get this: Detection - 12 miles. Emission - infrared. Signature - 133 Watts. Detection - Thermal Imaging Camera.

That's amazing, isn't it!

Would be if it worked. I've seen and read several articles/shows where the foliage was too dense.

Wonder if they will have pressers today?? Another day of "No Comments"?? I ask this, why even hold pressers if LE is not going to release any info, I don't get it :banghead:

I think it's a way for LE to keep the media controlled and corraled. But after yesterday and the recent article from that Grandmother, the article about the parents going to the gym, I think the media is going to stray now and find their info somewhere else.

I've not seen anything from LE that has cleared Terri or Kaine yet.

JMO.

No, that's true, and I did not contend otherwise.

I was stating that it is my belief from what LE has said, as well as, more importantly, the fact that we now have confirmation that the stepmom left the school without Kyron, and that Kyron remained, that Kyron's family are not involved, and that that is the premise LE is working from.

MOO

No one has been cleared that I know of. And how do we know definitely SM left the school without Kyron? I'm not saying she didn't, but I haven't seen a confirmation of that.

The "appointment" rumor came from a random comment on a news website from some guy named RandomDood (or something like that). People are on other websites (including this one) ran with it and eventually the press asked about it at a press conference. Gates said "no comment". The rumor that SM emailed teacher about when to pick up science fair project came from the same comment by RandomDood.

This is the article that the comment was linked too, however the comment has since been removed:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

This was one of the very first articles printed about the case and the comment came in around 11:30 on 6/5, but it is no longer there to even refer back too...

Would be if it worked. I've seen and read several articles/shows where the foliage was too dense.

The cool thing about the latest technology, which is used by the military, is that foliage is no longer an issue. Sees right through it.

No, that's true, and I did not contend otherwise.

I was stating that it is my belief from what LE has said, as well as, more importantly, the fact that we now have confirmation that the stepmom left the school without Kyron, and that Kyron remained, that Kyron's family are not involved, and that that is the premise LE is working from.

Well FINALLY. It's nice to have confirmation of SOMETHING. Is there a link?

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_the_view_from_acr.html

Article: A view from across the street.
Summery: Neighbor talks about the school and the community.

ETA: I added a small part of the article below.

Snip>So I convinced a very shy neighbor to grant an interview. The agreement was that the story would talk about what it was like to be a parent at Skyline. She gave an hour interview about the extraordinary and caring staff, how it feels as safe as her living room, how the principal knows every child by name. She gave examples of how they are safety conscious. When the story was published, the paper primarily used a comment about which exits are supervised or unsupervised. That's the other reason why people aren't talking very much.

Another neighbor stopped by last night to talk. She can't sleep. There are those of us who don't have kids -- we are the ones who call them "ankle biters" and make the milk carton jokes -- and yet she can't sleep. She wakes up feeling sick about a little boy she doesn't even know.

Educrats. I see it all the time in public school systems here. But I will say that we have some great schools, and some not so great schools that try to run themselves as private schools instead of as public schools. The not so great schools limit parental participation, because they don't want to lose their tight control, and they don't like light to be shown on their practices and policies.

I should mention, too, that many school systems have parents sign a waiver (CT is one). Essentially you are saying that if anything happens to your child while in school, they cannot be held responsible. I could swear that began after Columbine, FWIW. Schools cover their butts. They also make mistakes. Since security was so lax at that particular school (and I'm sure they never expected this, hindsight and all) I find it hard to believe that they got subs in to help in the morning. Subs don't generally work like that but it's possible and we really have no verification of what happened...and it's likely that when asked about this, there will be no comment, which is understandable. Again, however, the refusal to provide details is strikingly odd. They don't want help from volunteers, they won't confirm or deny, they don't believe other children are in danger. Where, then, does that leave it?

Please make sure you do not post pictures any pictures of minors except for Kyron. thank you.

I would feel better if a teacher saw him after 8:45, but according to the press that isn't the case. It is so tough to take anything as fact right now.

Thanks for putting that up mamaeb.

I was just thinking that this pic of Kyron would be the one most resembling the kid in the car. The eyebrows look similar to me - as does everything else really.

I guess the news crew could have recorded the car without really looking or caring about who was in it - just for footage.

It is hard to imagine that it could be him - so out in the open like that - but I suppose anything is possible.

Remember Shasta Groene!!!!

IIRC, that sick Duncan took her to Denny's at 3 am!!!!

ANYTHING is possible! T R U L Y!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member