OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In WA it is illegal for a child under 13 to be in the front seat, unless the vehicle does not have a back seat. I see it happen all the time when I am at my son's school and it really bothers me. I'm going to start calling the # to report it!

:eek:

When I was 13, I was in high school! Our high schools went Grades 9-12. I can't even fathom not being able to ride in the front seat by then.

TBH, I'm gobsmacked by the level of security that some people here say their schools have. My elementary school was just as lenient as Skyline, if not moreso.

Lady: Still searching within 2 mile window and expanding.

Gates: Search inside school was extensive.

they have checked the school..and checked it again..and again..and if they need to, they will check it again

OK I'm totally floored!!

What a catch mommya!!! wowzers!

It's wild seeing what was reported...I mean we heard it and there's what someone was seeing right? Shux I'd call too - looks like Kyron's twin!

I have to admit that since being introduced to the scanner thread I'm hooked, it's like I've fallen and I can't get back up....stairs lol

But help me out here, is it my imagination or did someone posting a pic captured from that EXACT clip????

It had to be back in the last thread...what was that about....:waitasec:

hoping I can connect all the dots before I end up back downstairs

...wish me luck.

:waitasec:

Thanks for commenting tarabull.

The photo was screen capped from that vid so we could do a side by side comparison with pics of Kyron.

Do I remember you saying that you thought it was a woman who called in the tip and that she had lost sight of the car?

Gates: Not calling this a criminal investigation.

Because there are a lot of parents who seem unclear on the concept that kids go in the back seat. My children keep saying 'so and so sits in the front seat' and my answer is 'too bad for her'. You will sit in the back seat for as long as I see fit....my oldest is 11.

How could it ever be worth the risk? Mine will be 13 before I let them. (Although it the car does have the option to turn off the airbag, then it's not as bad.)

From the press conference today:

What LE wants from the public:

Use your eyes, your ears, and your memory and call in tips!

Also:

When we have information that's appropriate to go to the public to help find Kyron, we'll put it out there. Until then, no talkie.

Hey Everyone - This is my first time posting. Little Kyron has captured my heart since hearing of his disappearance on the news and I’ve been following along here for a few days. It’s difficult keeping up with all the posts, so I apologize if this is redundant and has already been discussed.

The only scenario that makes sense to me is, that Kryon is lost in the wooded area surrounding the school. How he got there is the question and that’s why LE is not yet ready to call this a criminal investigation. I’m leaning more towards some of the kids were goofing around and went outside. The others made it back in but Kyron did not. Did other kids lure him out? Was there ill intent? I think it may have taken several days to get the full story. Therefore warranting the increase in SAR around the school this week. The school goes to 8th grade. That’s quite an age difference from 2nd to 8th.

This would explain the actions of both LE and the family. LE enforcement realizes if it came out that other students were involved the media would go into a frenzy and there would be more chaos to deal with and hamper the search. This explains the increase in SAR in the area and the search not going national. It also means that LE has other minors to protect. This explains the family staying out of the media. I know as a parent I would be so mad I would not remain logical at a press conference. And yes, it is the right thing to do for the family to have legal counsel. In today’s world things move so quickly and spiral out of control.

Of course, all this is just my opinion. He may have been abducted, but the time frame is so narrow I feel it’s unlikely.

still working within a 2 mile window/

Question..I know there is a reason but why cant they use heat seeking devices to search the woods via aircraft at night?

Information to talk to the press reps about off camera?

Gates now speaking with media representatives OFF CAMERA...........like previously.

OMG - LE and everyone connected with this case sounds exhausted. My heart goes out to each and every person involved in the search. :blowkiss:

Not discussing reward money in a missing child case???

I guess this is a very unique case.

If they aren't asking for civilian searchers right now, I feel that is appropriate at this time. The last thing we need are the ones who come to town just for a reward and then cash in on TV saying "I searched there" and all the other issues like you'd find in the Caylee Anthony case. JMOO.

Gates: Not calling this a criminal investigation.

It sure sounds to me that they think Kyron is out there alive somewhere in the woods and they are desperately trying to find him.

Said they have been in touch with experts who can tell them how long a person could live out there in that terrain.

IMO

On KOIN they are talking about the weather which stinks today! :( It is supposed to improve after today, praise God.

We've had an unusually wet May and June.

Where ARE you Kyron? It's been nearly a week!

I hope they find him soon.

No doubt this is some very difficult terrain. Also searching "undisclosed locations" as reported by noon broadcast.

Hey Everyone - This is my first time posting. Little Kyron has captured my heart since hearing of his disappearance on the news and I’ve been following along here for a few days. It’s difficult keeping up with all the posts, so I apologize if this is redundant and has already been discussed.

The only scenario that makes sense to me is, that Kryon is lost in the wooded area surrounding the school. How he got there is the question and that’s why LE is not yet ready to call this a criminal investigation. I’m leaning more towards some of the kids were goofing around and went outside. The others made it back in but Kyron did not. Did other kids lure him out? Was there ill intent? I think it may have taken several days to get the full story. Therefore warranting the increase in SAR around the school this week. The school goes to 8th grade. That’s quite an age difference from 2nd to 8th.

This would explain the actions of both LE and the family. LE enforcement realizes if it came out that other students were involved the media would go into a frenzy and there would be more chaos to deal with and hamper the search. This explains the increase in SAR in the area and the search not going national. It also means that LE has other minors to protect. This explains the family staying out of the media. I know as a parent I would be so mad I would not remain logical at a press conference. And yes, it is the right thing to do for the family to have legal counsel. In today’s world things move so quickly and spiral out of control.

Of course, all this is just my opinion. He may have been abducted, but the time frame is so narrow I feel it’s unlikely.

Welcome to WS!

It goes back to the statement about Kyron not being the type to wonder off, but if another kid went to check something out, he would follow. Maybe they have confirmation that another kid(s) went to checking something out and Kyron followed.

ok. the way he acts. the smile after avoiding questions and then saying he has more info for off camera. As if saying "oh I wish I could tell you"

I do feel like they know who has him and they have info they will not let media share. I think they are certain Kyron in still alive and are trying to keep him alive.

At one point they asked when they would stop searching. In his reply he made a comment like "I won't back down" As if maybe giving that as a message to someone with Kyron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo