OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point, so I assume to do this they had to get a list of the cell phone numbers from staff etc.?

They could pick up a ping from the tower(s) in the area using the info from the service providers/accessors of the tower(s) in the area. No numbers necessary.

Another good project for today, along with that Case FAQ, would be a list of the current rumors, along with their source and links like to the comments they came from, and then when/if we get confirmation, we can update the list. Then we wouldn't have to keep asking 'Is that still a rumor?' 'Has that been confirmed yet?' 'Where did that one come from?'. It would be a blessed relief lol.

Are there any volunteers to coordinate and work on these two projects? I can volunteer to work on them later this morning or early this afternoon.

Thanks!
BeanE

I would love to help with this Bean but only have about an hour to do so. But I can get started on it.

I signed off 12 hours and just came back and see no news, and same topics being rehashed, mostly now on possible cell phone existence. If there was a phone and/or GPS, wouldn't they have searched this area more thoroughly the first time around? It would not take them long to get the data, IMO, certainly not 5 days or so, which is what it was before they returned to this area. I think they ran out of leads and just returned to the starting point. The way they are searching, inch by inch apparently, makes me believe that they have nothing else to go on. I just hope if he is found deceased in this area, it is not determined he was there all along, and possibly alive for a period of time. I can see how they could have missed him.

Although they won't talk about it, at some point the searches will have to be scaled back and ended...as they were with Lindsey, Kayleah, Haleigh, etc...unless and until new info comes in to prompt them to search another area. Let's hope it does not get to that point. And so often, it is a person in the community who ends up finding the missing person, on a hike, etc...

Do we know if the two missing searchers were found?

Good Morning JTSYS,

Sorry I should have indicated the all important word (again) * speculate * Actually,though, I came to think Kyron might have had a cell on him not just because of the 2 mile ping radius,but also because of the LEO at one of the earlier pressers mentioning two missing person's cases. It was in the context of how searches in Oregon are carried out. One of the families,the Kims, was actually located based on the pings of their cell. I just believed that particular case, out of many,many cases, was mentioned for a reason.

The state law that guides search and rescue operations was passed in 2007 after authorities were criticized for the way they conducted the search for James Kim. The Californian disappeared in Southern Oregon in 2006 and was ultimately found dead of exposure.

An ensuing review of the search by the Oregon State Sheriffs' Association concluded that the effort was marked by crossed signals and several people trying to take charge of the search.

The concerns led to legislation streamlining communications among search and rescue units.

http://www.katu.com/news/96088894.html

This is why the Kim family was mentioned.

BBM - I think this is important to note. You would think someone would have seen him leave either with someone or alone.

ITA...it seems like with the goings-on at the school, especially that morning, that someone would have remembered something about him leaving, either with someone, or by himself. It just seems like he vanished into thin air. :banghead:

Has it been confirmed whether the dogs tracked scent, where, and where it stopped? Anything at all on that? Or was that all another no comment from LE?

We could really use that rumor list!!! Volunteers?

Rumors:
- the appointment
- the projects in the gym
- backpack and coat left at school

Is the cell phone idea a rumor, too?

I have to go out for a few hours, but I can help later today.

The search parameters using dogs has NOT been confirmed by LE. It has only been stated that they used them inside the school, and that they did not have any positive hits in the initial use of dogs. It has been stated that they have been used in the ground search- no confirmation of hits/no hits there. Also, no confirmation on scent-type of dog used.

Does this mean you're volunteering to start that list of Rumors? :)

Just a reminder that as the investigation opens up and more is revealed we will also be able to roll with the information and more liberal discussion will be available.
Thanks everyone for your caution and cooperation.

where this lands on the thread is entirely random.

What does the FBI think happened?

That's what I would love to know too.
I'd love to talk to the profiler on this case.
Since, they are calling it an "isolated incident" my guess is that they think it's a family abduction. But, often LE won't tip their hats until they have evidence of an stranger abduction.

The FBI actively working the case has not commented as of yet. Past FBI agents not actively working the case have speculated a variety of different possibilities.

Do you have any links? I am researching online right now.
Thanks!

snipped and carried over from the scanner thread - fyi

via freefallzzzzzz:

Just saw the blackhawk fly over to the SAR base, listening to them on scanner talk to each other, getting ready to land...
So we know they plan on using it today again...

I wish that I could say that my input amounted to something other than I am completely grieved that little Kyron hasn't been found by now.

My heart is aching for this child and for his parents. I will stop there for the moment. I join the others in this group that ache for our little ones and older ones that go missing.

Looks as if the SAR teams are going at it just as hard today. Praying they find something, anything that leads us to Kyron, or even just something to lead us to a lead.

It’s always best to use, number one, trained searchers; secondly, those that are very familiar with the incident command structure and the standards that have been in place by the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association. These searchers are trained and understand the expectations. And they’re experienced.”

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday also issued a temporary no-fly zone for all aircraft in a three-mile radius of the school and up to 3,000 feet.

http://www.katu.com/news/96088894.html

Have I missed news re: candle-light vigil(s) for Kyron? I don't think so & that's one more odd piece to this very odd puzzle imho

snipped and carried over from the scanner thread - fyi

via freefallzzzzzz:

Just saw the blackhawk fly over to the SAR base, listening to them on scanner talk to each other, getting ready to land...
So we know they plan on using it today again...
what is a blackhawk for?What does it look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966