OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could pick up a ping from the tower(s) in the area using the info from the service providers/accessors of the tower(s) in the area. No numbers necessary.

I would assume they need to know which phone they are trying to pick up pings from though. In my case my phone is registered under my husband's name so any service provider they contacted would not be finding any phone registered under my name....they would have to get my number from me or someone else who has my number.

I'm sorry.But I do fault the teacher and the school.Did it really take all day even Kyron not getting on the bus to notice he wasn't there.Why didn't the office know about this.Someone really screwed up here.

I smell a lawsuit if he was not taken by a relative. Sorry.

We have no confirmation that LE and SAR are looking in cel phone ping indicated areas. If they are (supposition of other posters based on search area etc) then I would suspect they were searching ping areas of cel phone of a suspect or POI rather than one belonging to Kyron.

My thought is, if he had a cel phone, there would have been mention of it in the initial presser. It would have been mentioned that after not finding him on the bus his parents would have attempted to reach him on it (unsuccessfully). I feel it would have been mentioned initially and it wasn't. That to me clears up the Kyron having a cel speculation.

If there was a cel phone whose pinged areas at the time of the disappearance are being searched- it is the POI's.

ETA and as far as LE is telling us - they have no POI

LOL! OK! :) Now, what an odd hour is that, don't you think? Was this 2 AM, as in 2:00 a.m. the morning he disappeared later that same morning (pre-disappearance), or as in 2:00 a.m., the following morning of his disappearance? (post-disappearance) How far away from the school is this secluded spot? Does anyone know?

3 PM on the day he went missing (Fri) and again at 2 AM on the next morning (Sat.)

It is in between Kyron's home and school off of the same major road (Cornelius Pass).

ITA...it seems like with the goings-on at the school, especially that morning, that someone would have remembered something about him leaving, either with someone, or by himself. It just seems like he vanished into thin air. :banghead:

Imo, this act was so very carefully orchestrated to the tiniest detail, time wise and other. I feel the person responsible picked the perfect time, the perfect method, to carry out their plan. We do not know whether or not they were seen. Hopefully, they were and this info has not been released.

I believe it would be a blackhawk helicopter. They are h*lla cool copters. I am not aware of what special search features or equipment they have onboard and would be interested to find out and also would love to know if is specifically tricked out for SAR and used by them often or simply a regular blackhawk pressed into service for this search only.

This is a similar heli used.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/black_hawk/
And yes- they have ones that are specifically outfitted for SAR work.

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass
"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html)

Wow! Very interesting. Possible meeting point? Exchange point? .... Possible utility van? Wait, can't imagine they'd be there at those hours? Save an electrical grid or some other such animal in that area? Seems unlikely ...

So at this point, LE doesn't think there's been *any* crime. Just that he wandered off. *No* signs of *any* crime.

Okay, I'll trust LE - they're more experienced and knowledgeable than I am. I am not a professional. I'm going to get some coffee and a cranberry muffin. Fresh baked. I have a wonderful hubby - he bakes :)

Police: No indication Oregon boy's disappearance is abduction
June 11, 2010 10:32 a.m. EDT..........

Respectfully snipped by me.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/11/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?section=cnn_latest

I wonder if they r saying this bc maybe he was abducted and was murdered ( God Forbid!) by a student or sschool worker, etc.?

06/05 Missing 7 year old boy, Skyline Elementary

Early in the morning, PNW recieved a call from our neighboring county to the North for a missing 7 year old boy. The child had last been seen the day before at his grade school science fair. 22 PNW members responded, forming 4 teams to begin a long day of hard searching.

Since the boy had been gone 24 hours, the areas to be searched were vast. The terrain at times went from challenging to vertical cliff faces not easily accessed. What wasn't covered in mud was either a swamp, a tangle of blowdown, or a massive blockade of blackberry brambles mixed with tall stinging nettles.

As no sign of the child was found by any of the more than 150 searchers from virtually every team in the area, PNW has been asked to do a second callout for tomorrow morning at 8 am.

http://www.pnwsar.org/node/940

06/06 Missing boy, Skyline Grade School, Day Two

On the second day of searching for the missing 7 year old boy in Northwest Portland, 14 PNW members responded to the 8am callout. The areas to be searched were the same as the previous day, covered in blackberries and stinging nettles, with the addition of a steady rainfall interrupted by occasional downpours.

Fields, outbuildings, tunnels and ravines were combed by the teams with no results. PNW has again been requested to report in the morning.

06/07 Missing Boy, Day Three

For the third day of searching for missing Kyron in Northwest Portland, PNW fielded 10 searchers. The terrain was steep and muddy, and the ever present blackberry brambles kept progress slow in the day's search area. Though the downpours of the previous day were absent, their effects lingered in the swollen streams crisscrossing the properties scoured by the team. Again, PNW has been asked to respond for another day of searching tomorrow

06/08 Missing Boy, Day Four

By now you know what the terrain was like, steep and muddy, covered with blowdown and the everpresent blackberries and nettles. There were also swamps, lakes, ponds and general muck to negotiate. Today it was sunny and too hot, instead of rainy and too cold.

PNW responded with 11 searchers, and has been asked to respond again tomorrow morning.

Every day, team members have left their jobs and commitments to go out and search for Kyron, some using their vacation days to be in the field, some simply going without their pay for the chance to serve. Some are even CEO's and business owners, taking time from their livelyhoods to hack endlessly at brambles to make sure the missing boy is not where they are searching.

Every day so far, all of the team members have driven miles and miles to get to search base, and then to the search areas. Wearing out rainclothes and protective gear, going through miles of pink flagging tape, drinking gallons of coffee, the personal expense in gear and fuel is mounting, but it is a price paid happily for the chance to go out again and try to find Kyron.

http://www.pnwsar.org/node/947 ( more on this days search at link )

06/09 Kyron Horman Search, Day Five.

On the fifth day of searching for Kyron Horman, PNW fielded a team of 11 searchers.

What can be said of the search today that has not been said before?

The terrain was steep, covered in brambles, what wasn't covered in brambles was covered in mud. Not so many nettles today.

It rained.

PNW has been asked to respond again tomorrow.

06/10 Kyron Horman Search

Today's search brought 7 PNW responders into the field.

Seven very soggy searchers. Terrain and conditions are mostly the same. The long streak of no PNW searcher injuries is unbroken once again. A larger contingent of PNW

http://www.pnwsar.org/searches

But this wasn't based on fabrication, the info came from SM herself and caused people to ask questions. :waitasec:

The motive, intention, meaning of the action is all fabricated. Even parts of the actions are fabricated.

She posted once that she was going to the gym. She never posted that she had. People took that and fabricated that she actually went to the gym, multiple times, and worked out. They took that and fabricated motive, intention, meaning.

Then the stepmom and her husband went to the gym. People fabricated that they worked out. Then they took that and fabricated motive, intent, meaning.

This is how witch hunts worked in Salem. This is how witch hunts work now.

Nothing caused anyone to ask questions. People choose to question and choose to embellish actions and choose to imbue meaning.

ITA...it seems like with the goings-on at the school, especially that morning, that someone would have remembered something about him leaving, either with someone, or by himself. It just seems like he vanished into thin air. :banghead:

It's hard to imagine that with all the people around that someone didn't see anything. It's virtually impossible...I assume someone saw something and LE is just not giving us that information. Kyron didn't just disappear into thin air. Either he walked out on his own, someone took him or he is still in the school somewhere. Those are the only three options.

The only one where it appears possible that no one saw anything is that he is still in the school somewhere and if that is the case and they haven't found him yet then someone needs to get fired asap.

I really have serious doubts that Kyron would have a cell phone. I admit I did get my son (now almost 12) a cell phone at that age, but it was because he was going on outings with his "not-so-responsible" father (trust me, he's an "ex" for a reason!) and I wanted him to have a way to contact me if things went south.

Kyron sounds like he had what appears to be secure boundaries...home to bus, bus to home. He didn't walk, he wasnt' a "latch-key" kid. Other than those situations, I don't see why parents would get a 7 year old a cell phone of their own.

Imo, this act was so very carefully orchestrated to the tiniest detail, time wise and other. I feel the person responsible picked the perfect time, the perfect method, to carry out their plan. We do not know whether or not they were seen. Hopefully, they were and this info has not been released.
ITA. This perp (perps?) was very intelligent or was extreeeeeeemely "lucky".

Has it been confirmed whether the dogs tracked scent, where, and where it stopped? Anything at all on that? Or was that all another no comment from LE?

We could really use that rumor list!!! Volunteers?

Rumors:
- the appointment
- the projects in the gym
- backpack and coat left at school

Could add....e mail to the teacher, cell phone with Kyron (not even a rumor, though, purely random speculation)

I would assume they need to know which phone they are trying to pick up pings from though. In my case my phone is registered under my husband's name so any service provider they contacted would not be finding any phone registered under my name....they would have to get my number from me or someone else who has my number.

I believe they could reverse check the pings if they did not have the numbers available? I understood it to depend upon the service provider and the #s or towers, as well as the location. Some towers are used by multiple providers, others are singular. And certain rural areas are few and far between.

I am not sure if this is a rumor or I read it online in a press conference. But, they teacher was not concerned because she spoke to the step-mother and she mentioned an appointment.
That would explain not calling the office.
Not sure if this is a fact stated by LE yet or not.

I do hope they find Kyron soon. Seven days is too long for a small child to be alone in the woods, if he did indeed wonder off.

Bean, is this 'appointment' another topic for the rumor list? Last night, If I remember right, it was mentioned this was unconfirmed? Sorry, I thinkt he mush stage is showing sings of wanting to appear.

06/05 Missing 7 year old boy, Skyline Elementary

Early in the morning, PNW recieved a call from our neighboring county to the North for a missing 7 year old boy. The child had last been seen the day before at his grade school science fair. 22 PNW members responded, forming 4 teams to begin a long day of hard searching.

Since the boy had been gone 24 hours, the areas to be searched were vast. The terrain at times went from challenging to vertical cliff faces not easily accessed. What wasn't covered in mud was either a swamp, a tangle of blowdown, or a massive blockade of blackberry brambles mixed with tall stinging nettles.

As no sign of the child was found by any of the more than 150 searchers from virtually every team in the area, PNW has been asked to do a second callout for tomorrow morning at 8 am.

http://www.pnwsar.org/node/940

06/06 Missing boy, Skyline Grade School, Day Two

On the second day of searching for the missing 7 year old boy in Northwest Portland, 14 PNW members responded to the 8am callout. The areas to be searched were the same as the previous day, covered in blackberries and stinging nettles, with the addition of a steady rainfall interrupted by occasional downpours.

Fields, outbuildings, tunnels and ravines were combed by the teams with no results. PNW has again been requested to report in the morning.

06/07 Missing Boy, Day Three

For the third day of searching for missing Kyron in Northwest Portland, PNW fielded 10 searchers. The terrain was steep and muddy, and the ever present blackberry brambles kept progress slow in the day's search area. Though the downpours of the previous day were absent, their effects lingered in the swollen streams crisscrossing the properties scoured by the team. Again, PNW has been asked to respond for another day of searching tomorrow

06/08 Missing Boy, Day Four

By now you know what the terrain was like, steep and muddy, covered with blowdown and the everpresent blackberries and nettles. There were also swamps, lakes, ponds and general muck to negotiate. Today it was sunny and too hot, instead of rainy and too cold.

PNW responded with 11 searchers, and has been asked to respond again tomorrow morning.

Every day, team members have left their jobs and commitments to go out and search for Kyron, some using their vacation days to be in the field, some simply going without their pay for the chance to serve. Some are even CEO's and business owners, taking time from their livelyhoods to hack endlessly at brambles to make sure the missing boy is not where they are searching.

Every day so far, all of the team members have driven miles and miles to get to search base, and then to the search areas. Wearing out rainclothes and protective gear, going through miles of pink flagging tape, drinking gallons of coffee, the personal expense in gear and fuel is mounting, but it is a price paid happily for the chance to go out again and try to find Kyron.

http://www.pnwsar.org/node/947 ( more on this days search at link )

06/09 Kyron Horman Search, Day Five.

On the fifth day of searching for Kyron Horman, PNW fielded a team of 11 searchers.

What can be said of the search today that has not been said before?

The terrain was steep, covered in brambles, what wasn't covered in brambles was covered in mud. Not so many nettles today.

It rained.

PNW has been asked to respond again tomorrow.

06/10 Kyron Horman Search

Today's search brought 7 PNW responders into the field.

Seven very soggy searchers. Terrain and conditions are mostly the same. The long streak of no PNW searcher injuries is unbroken once again. A larger contingent of PNW

http://www.pnwsar.org/searches

God bless these people.

The description of the terrain "from challenging to vertical cliff faces not easily accessed. What wasn't covered in mud was either a swamp, a tangle of blowdown, or a massive blockade of blackberry brambles mixed with tall stinging nettles".... wow.

Poor little Kyron :(

Reading SuziQ's post gave me a thought.. I remember last Friday evening they had a helicopter (don't know who's) and they were using what they called "thermal imaging" (aka FLIR) and I'm a few miles away but I can walk outside and see it when it flies over like it did earlier and I heard it coming from inside my house..
I saw pictures of it flying above the tree line, so lil Kyron should have/should be able to hear it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel