OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why this person thinks he has accurate information.

The stepmother's location at the time of disappearance is known to be the school - not a body of water.

Wow, that was fast. They've already removed the comment.

ETA: Nevermind, I found it! I had to go to all the comments and look at the replies. D'oh!

I'm curious why they are concentrating around the school so much.Did search dogs trace his scent any where outside the school.Maybe they do know who he went off with.If it's not a criminal investigation(Is it?)and they think it's an isolated icident.I wonder if he went off with maybe another kid somewhere?

snipped from the last thread:
<Usually they don't bring in cadaver or human recovery dogs until the search changes from a rescue to a recovery mission IMO Since they had no evidence Kyron had been abducted they have been in a rescue mission I believe. Usually when that mission changes they let the public know.

Now there are specially trained sniffer dogs that can do both tasks but it is quite unusual. Forr the searches on 9-11 they used these special dogs who can alert to either a live scent or that of a cadaver. xox >

This is not necessarily true.
Often when dog teams are searching for a missing person under these conditions, they will use both tracking dogs and HRD dogs. The HRD dogs are frequently not mentioned in media, nor do they wear identifying vests or ID. This is out of sensitivity to family or survivors.
It is true that certified cross-trained dogs are uncommon- but when federal resources are involved, their participation increases since many of these dog teams (as you stated) are FEMA certified for disaster situations.
We have three, and all have been called out at times for missing person cases where it is unknown if the victim is alive or deceased.
I would be very surprised if HRD dogs were not working Kyron's case just in case- and simply not advertised.

The comment says that a Portland police officer was overheard (doesn't say by who) saying that the stepmom failed a lie detector test and that her phone pinged away from where she said she was at the time of Kyron's disappearance (whenever that actually was) and near a body of water. The commenter goes on to compare the mom to Scott Peterson which I think is ridiculous.

I wouldn't put any stock in the comment since it appears to me the person is probably backing up an agenda.

There's more than one comment there casting suspicion on the parent(s).

I'm curious why they are concentrating around the school so much.Did search dogs trace his scent any where outside the school.Maybe they do know who he went off with.If it's not a criminal investigation(Is it?)and they think it's an isolated icident.I wonder if he went off with maybe another kid somewhere?

It has been reported that search dogs were unable to hit on his scent. But that information has not been updated since the first several days of the search.

Day 7, and still no sign of Kyron, its going to take a miracle to bring him home, not looking good at all, are they thinking he just walked away?? Lost?? IDK you think if he was lost around the school they would have found him by now, but nothing, where are you Kyron??

1. When bringing up other searches... they mention Samuel and the Kim family. Why not Zoey Dorsey, who was actually found alive? :waitasec:

2. I was not at all happy with the "this is an isolated incident" comment. I fear a perpetrator if there is one, could take that as a challenge...

3. This meeting at the school... just another totally weird thing to add to the list. We will know by the press conference if it meant anything. LE didn't just tell these parents something, only to let them leak it to the media. If they don't make an announcement at a press conference, they didn't make one to the parents either.

4. Infared...I can understand why they would mostly use it at night, when they cannot see. However, I see no disadvantage to using it during the day. Kyron was last seen wearing ALL black. They are searching for him in dark green/black/brown. He is not going to stand out in those surroundings. Infared could still be helpful even during the day, although not as effective as at night.

If it is true they are no longer using it, I cannot think of many reasons why that would be. There are very few reasons why infared would NOT be helpful. This is all my understanding just coming from a military family.

If the person is underground, or in a building or container thick enough to prevent detection. A simple wood shack or tent would not prevent the infared from working.

If the person being looked for was colder than the ground around them. Yes, rain will cool a person down but generally if a person is too cold to be detected they are too cold to sustain life.

I have not heard anything that would indicate that rain alone would interfere. Aside from possible cooling Kyron down a little bit.

I am not sure what their thinking is... and maybe the Air Force didn't mean they had stopped using it completely in Kyron's search. But that stood out to me, if they are NOT using infared then there is some reason. They have to know it would be useless to them.

Why, would they feel that way? :waitasec:

BBM: They may be using infrared during lighter ground traffic times. When there are hundreds of bodies on the ground working searches, often they will schedule infrared flyovers during more quiet time periods.

There's more than one comment there casting suspicion on the parent(s).

I awoke at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep (nothing to do with this case, just awake) and I pulled up all the news articles on this case and read through the comments. Gosh, it seems the parents media strategy has backfired in a huge way. They are trying to keep the focus on Kyron, but unfortunately all everyone is talking about is why LE is being so secretive and why are the parents hiding from the media? I'm pretty sure if the parents did engage with the media people would be picking that apart too, though. Kind of darned if you do, darned if you don't.

This whole thing is just awful. Day 8 and still no more news than Day 1.

Yes. And as a former teacher, let me tell you how fun it is to practice lock down with the children once a month.

I had a bathroom in my classroom, so I figured that was the safest spot for the children to not get hit by bullets.

I figured the possible trajectory of bullets and the fact that they can go through walls, and determined the bathroom location was the best.

Just another day of teaching. But let's focus on AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) . I think that the Columbine shooters would have probably made AYP.

Something has to be done! Those kids came from intact families that were probably quite well off financially.

I was in K thru 3rd in the DC suburbs. We practiced 'duck and cover'. Nothing like being a little kid and knowing you could be vaporized at any moment.

No evidence that there was an abduction....this is intriguing. So there is just as much chance that he wandered away on his own, or there is just as much chance that he is still in the school? I wonder...

For those who follow the Forensic Astrology forums, they opened one for Kyron. I just caught up over there, and I'm wondering what in the heck is meant by these posts:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5274255&postcount=21"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5274255&postcount=21[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5271299&postcount=18"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5271299&postcount=18[/ame]

I don't like the direction my thoughts are going on this at all!

It has been reported that search dogs were unable to hit on his scent. But that information has not been updated since the first several days of the search.
Thank you.Then I don't understand why they are concentrating around the area of the school.

I awoke at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep (nothing to do with this case, just awake) and I pulled up all the news articles on this case and read through the comments. Gosh, it seems the parents media strategy has backfired in a huge way. They are trying to keep the focus on Kyron, but unfortunately all everyone is talking about is why LE is being so secretive and why are the parents hiding from the media? I'm pretty sure if the parents did engage with the media people would be picking that apart too, though. Kind of darned if you do, darned if you don't.

This whole thing is just awful. Day 8 and still no more news than Day 1.

When I think of the media and missing children, I think of the way they reported the Haleigh Cummings case. That alone would be enough for me to never make a statement.

No evidence that there was an abduction....this is intriguing. So there is just as much chance that he wandered away on his own, or there is just as much chance that he is still in the school? I wonder...

or that he went willingly ...

I can't say what I really think has happened so I'm gonna zip it & move on over to another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990