OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvan5

I'm beginning to wonder if one of the parent's are in the Witness Protection Program.

Care to elaborate?

Yes, several reasons....

1) None of the parents are willing to speak out or show their faces.

2) LE has claimed this to be an isolated incident - others need not worry.

3) What better way to get back at one who has "dropped the lip" on you than by taking their child.

4) Just a nagging feeling I've had for quite awhile.

I know you're a stickler for facts, and very compassionate too, Steadfast :) And I greatly appreciate both about you.

Yes, I remember about what I posted, and I appreciated you pointing that out to me. I went back and listened again, and found I'd been in error.

I said I'm obsessed with facts. I didn't say I never make mistakes. :) And I have no problem acknowledging my mistakes. You can find my apologies for them throughout this forum lol.

I agree, that if anyone wants to contend as fact that Gates said children are not at risk, they should provide the substantiation that he did indeed say so.

He said it in so many words, IMO. I'm just using my God-given language comprehension abilities concerning this particular point. I'm confused about why this is an issue when other posts concerning what was meant at the press conferences go unchallenged, even if they do not contain a direct quotation from Gates.
The big picture is that Gates' statement was issued to the community to keep their normal routines with their children, that this was an "isolated incident." It means what it means.

ETA Speaking of pc's -- isn't there one coming up in a couple of minutes. I wouldn't have argued with you, BeanE, if I'd realized I needed your recapping skills so soon!

I also wanted to state that registered sex offenders are allowed access to schools in many cases. I know that one of the parents at the school I teach at is a registered sex offender-child molester and we are not legally allowed to prohibit the father from the school. We have checked with our school lawyer.

As long as the parent is there for a school related reason directly involving his child he can be there. He can't be left to supervise children. He can come to school for a class play, awards day, eat lunch, parent conference, etc...

This disturbs me as a teacher greatly. What happens when this person is walking to and from class? There are always kids in the halls. It would be very easy in my school, and every single school I ever taught at to do something to a child.

OMG. This makes me sick. He is still allowed to be around his OWN kid? WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE ON OUR STREETS!???! I thought SOs were not allowed anywhere near schools???

Ok, I cannot go on about this, lol. This whole SO issue drives me nuts.

I hope Kyron is brought home safe, and if g-d forbid he isn't safe, that he's just brought home, and his killer (if there is one) is punished.

So....the words of a classmate of Kyrons are considered facts? Seems to me accusations against the teacher should be treated the same as accusations against anyone else. LE hasn't implicated anyone in wrongdoing. What, if anything, has LE said about this teacher?

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, since we have an interview with the classmate, his testimony (so to speak) becomes part of the current known facts of the case. Of course, I think we each sort of weight the probability of veracity of each of those known facts.

I agree that accusations of criminal wrongdoing against the teacher or substitute would be uncalled for. We don't have any information about exactly what happened that she didn't follow through on any responsibility to her student she may have held that morning. There may well have been a handover of responsibility to an additional adult or adults that we are unaware of, and then whatever went haywire, happened at that point.

I don't think LE has said much more than 'no comment' about the teacher, have they?

Press conference... looks like they have clothes laid out... like Kyron was wearing.

Hi eyes and thank you. I wish there was such a thing as a foolproof scent trail, we'd find so many more.
Fertilizers, insecticides and the like do destroy and contaminate scent. They also can delay decomp, and as a result contaminate scent for HRD dogs. One of the reasons why I asked early on if they were spraying in the area at this time.
You have a good eye, eyes. :)

Insecticides/fertilizers can delay decomposition? Didn't know that...how - my curious mind would love to know.

I really hope at some point we get to hear the story of what happened from the perspective of both the teacher and the substitute.

I hold all adults - including myself - responsible for the children around them. In this situation, the teacher and substitute appear to be the ones responsible for Kyron at the time of his disappearance.

I'm trying to think of the point at which responsibility leaves the hands of the parent and goes to the school. I'm thinking of the many parents who pull up to a designated point at a school each morning, the child opens the door, on school grounds, and their feet hit that school ground.

That is the point where, generally, I feel the school takes responsibility, by explicit or implicit agreement - whether that's legal or moral responsibility.

Kyron's stepmother left him further along that point - inside the school, walking in the hallway to his classroom. When she waved good-bye and turned away to leave, Kyron, to me, was in the responsibility of the school.

When it came into the teacher and substitute's awareness that Kyron was not where he was supposed to be, that, to me, is the point at which their responsibility for Kyron came into play. Right now, we know something went haywire with that responsibility, but we don't know exactly what.

Clearly, to me, when a child is left at school, it is the responsibility of someone, or some persons, there to ensure the safety of that child. It's also clear, to me, that something broke there - because Kyron is missing.

:cow:

BBM

ICAM! Thank you!

:cat:
Good Morning, I have had company all week so have not been able to follow this. There is just too much to read, so I am just looking at the links to get info. I have one Question about the white VW. Where did they get this picture. I thought I heard that the school didn't have video Cameras? Was this picture taken the day he disappeared or some other day. Do they know where it was taken? Sorry to ask questions that have already have been asked and answered. My prayers for Kyron. :rose:

Hi again I posted this this morning about the white VW. Could I get some information on it. Has it been disproven that it is Kyon? It sure does look like him. :banghead:

One reason that they can say that children are not at risk now is that there are LE in and outside of the school (there were media videos of one walking/watching the playground area). We KNOW they have been in the school doing interviews, and they have stopped cars coming in and out of the school. The staff is on HIGH alert for anything out of place. They are correct, right now there is probably no safer school in the country!

jmoo

I am guessing they think it will help trigger people's memories... better than a picture and description?? The clothes are clean and not in bags. I doubt they are actually HIS.

the "likeness" of shirt pants and shoes Kyron was wearing.. they are showing..

I am guessing they think it will help trigger people's memories... better than a picture and description?? The clothes are clean and not in bags. I doubt they are actually HIS.

oh, good. I didn't have the link up yet

I don't see anything like that in that news article. :waitasec:

It's in the comments. We talked about it here back in Part #1 or #2. Seems like years ago.

Paraphrase: The kids are talking about thing they know or are suspicious about and have told some of it to LE. Other posters reported the comment to the tipline.

they said they were talking to drivers who may have seen anything "while kyron was ON THE WAY to school" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member