OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is deffo possible. This kind of thing fills me with dread. Weirdos hanging around schools. Our schools here are all having budget cuts, so much so we got letters home today saying they are no longer providing Playground Monitors, so for all their breaks (including an hours lunch) all the children (age4-12) will be unsupervised outside (and they don't even close the gates). Schools make it too easy for this kind of thing to happen imo. :(

Unless it was the ransom situation... where they were willing to wait all day for an opportunity if they needed to.

Because she had an 18 month old in her car?

To me all of above presumes a disappearance time close to 845 or 9. I think Kyron was with a group who were touring the other rooms, and disappeared at some point during the walk throughs. And closer to 10.

I work in a school, and know sometimes a parent will say they don't want certain relatives to enter the school, or visit with a child for lunch, etc. At my school a custodial parent can say they don't want, just as an example, an ex=spouses parents to see a child. NOBODY can see a child without custodial parent's permission.

We have VERY tight security (my school is near a military base), but on crazy days, at crazy times, we open the doors. This would be when we have a special play, program, carnival, graduation, etc. Can you imagine having 500 parents sign in before a concert?!
I'm not quick to fault the school in Kyron's case, but the district should have cameras at the entrances.

Just MOO.

My heart goes out to this child--he looks like so many little kids at my school.

The SM was in the school. I don't think the daughter was there, and she surly wasn't left in a car. I doubt you meant the latter, but just wanted to clarify tat she was in the school with Kyron.

Doesn't mom or SM have relatives in Ca.?

I tuned in to Nancy Grace last night hoping to see her covering Kyron...a little miffed to see she covered JVDS instead. Anyone know if she has given Kyron any airtime on her show since he went missing?

:waitasec:

I'm having trouble trying to understand why this is a problem, elle. ;)

IMO, if you're not under NG's microscope, with "the lawyers unleashed" upon you, then that's a good thing.

lol. :angel:

But she went inside for 45 minutes to look at the Science Fair stuff... so she got out of the car. Having the baby in the car would make no difference in walking the other child in.

At the end of the presser, in the background I heard a reporter ask "Are they going to answer questions?" I heard off camera " a statement" I think it was an Officer that said it. I hope I'm wrong cause I would like to see them at least answer a few general questions.

I was pretty sure the officer said the family would not be taking questions...but I can't back that up since it was a live feed :).

This is somewhat off topic, but I just wanted to comment on how wonderful it is to see such an amazing sense of community there is in the Pacific NW as individuals and LE from California to Washington are doing all they can in order to support the search efforts to find Kyron. I know communities tend to either come together or split apart in situations involving missing individuals, but it is refreshing to see how much the community is willing and able to do in order to see that Kyron is found and returned to those who love him.

And, I'm also amazed by the willingness and dedication of the search and rescue teams and LE in this case. I think, despite the frustration in not having as much information as we may like, everyone is doing what they feel is best for Kyron. That is something to be respected and, while LE has been tight-lipped and the family, until now, not forthcoming, I feel everyone's heart is with Kyron and this case is being handled in a respectable manner. You don't always see that in cases such as this and it is a bright star amidst the bleakness of a missing child case.

May God watch over all those involved, both immediately and from afar, in this case. I know, regardless of our varied opinions, our hearts and minds are with Kyron and those who love and miss him.

Very true raeann and recruiting the gym as a donation drop off point may have been why they went there, rather than to work out. I can't remember if she said work out or just going to the gym. That may be a safe place for them to help in the search for Kyron in some way without having to expose themselves to the general public and media.

I believe she said 'hitting' the gym. Which could mean hitting the gym to hand out flyers or solicit their help.

Le won't answer any questions - Just wondering what questions you would like the family members to answer? ?TIA

was there an appointment???? why state early on to not believe what you saw in the media (as per facebook)

This is deffo possible. This kind of thing fills me with dread. Weirdos hanging around schools. Our schools here are all having budget cuts, so much so we got letters home today saying they are no longer providing Playground Monitors, so for all their breaks (including an hours lunch) all the children (age4-12) will be unsupervised outside (and they don't even close the gates). Schools make it too easy for this kind of thing to happen imo. :(

Weirdos don't have to hang around schools anymore. They can just sit in their living room with their computer and your Facebook account. People put their whole life story on there, often illustrated with hundreds of pictures of kids, events at school, timelines for every routine they have. Predators these days don't need to follow or watch anyone. We put it all right out there for them.

According to Bing, 322.7 miles from Portland, OR to Yreka, CA. Pretty much all on I-5.

That is pretty scary.

Weirdos don't have to hang around schools anymore. They can just sit in their living room with their computer and your Facebook account. People put their whole life story on there, often illustrated with hundreds of pictures of kids, events at school, timelines for every routine they have. Predators these days don't need to follow or watch anyone. We put it all right out there for them.

That's sadly true I guess. I don't have pictures of my daughters online, each to their own I guess though.

:waitasec:

I'm having trouble trying to understand why this is a problem, elle. ;)

IMO, if you're not under NG's microscope, with "the lawyers unleashed" upon you, then that's a good thing.

lol. :angel:

I am trying to imagine how Nancy's coverage of this case would go....

I am imagining some pretty interesting facial expressions and a lot of yelling at innocent reporters. It would be interesting.

I think it is a good thing it isn't on Nancy Grace, but I think it lends credibility to the fact that they don't think they need it. If they thought it was an abduction they would be contacting national media. :twocents:

Me too. Just a gut feeling. I hate to be negative but honestly there are probably hundreds of little boys out there who look somewhat similar to Kyron. Glasses, similar build, same hair whatever. :waitasec:

He looks like a lot of little boys that wear glasses. As cute as he is there is really nothing that really sets him apart.

They're showing the mics again on the live feed,guess they're getting ready for presser.

Never mind,it's gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member