GUILTY OR - London McCabe, 6, autistic, thrown off Yaquina Bay Bridge, 3 Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Andrew McCabe confirmed Tuesday that his sister-in-law had written an appeal on **************, a crowdfunding website. In it she described caring for her autistic son and her husband, Matt, who has been unable to work since developing multiple sclerosis and a mass on his brain stem.
The appeal ended eight months ago, after raising $6,831 toward a goal of $50,000.Andrew McCabe also confirmed that Jillian McCabe had posted YouTube videos, one showing her husband in a hospital bed and their son pushing a button to raise and lower it.

Another shows her son sitting in a hammock, smiling with a cup of juice and engrossed in an iPad. When she asks if he is happy, he says nothing. When she tells him to say "help" if he wants a push in the hammock, he says, "help." Still another video shows the boy holding a stuffed toy lion and throwing coins in an indoor fountain to make a wish.

n the affidavit, a police officer writes that Jillian McCabe was still talking on her cellphone when a sheriff's deputy walked up to her on the bridge.

Another officer says he saw a woman matching Jillian McCabe's description carrying a boy matching London's description on the bridge shortly after 6 p.m., and thought it odd because the boy was, "too big to be carried," according to the affidavit.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-accused-throwing-son-off-oregon-bridge-134124009.html

Kelly Stapleton first, now this. Reading the comments under the article leave me sad and expecting this trend to continue. The excuses people make are appalling. :(

http://www.wset.com/story/27276778/mom-i-just-threw-my-son-over-the-yaquina-bay-bridge

The McCabes were extremely open about their struggles on social media posting to Facebook, YouTube, and in blogs online. In a video which has now been taken down from YouTube, the couple talks about how they love all the support they have received from family and complete strangers.

Jillian is seated next to her husband Matt McCabe on a couch where they candidly talk about their experience raising London. Jillian squeezes Matt's hand, saying to their supporters, "l love you. You are making this experience livable versus us pulling a 'Thelma and Louise,' which I have totally thought about... I said it, but this is our life and I love my husband more than anything.''

www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-accused-of-throwing-son-off-bridge-sought-money/

"...GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- A woman accused of throwing her 6-year-old boy to his death off an historic bridge on the Oregon coast had appealed for money online to help care for her autistic son and disabled husband...."

One of the lesser items of annoyance about this woman is that the articles all seem to mention that she had appealed for monetary assistance ; as if people had only cared enough --she would not have had to make such a horrendous choice.

"...The appeal ended eight months ago, after raising $6,831 toward a goal of $50,000...."
Some of those who donated probably could barely afford to do so ; imo. But people have been and always will be compassionate.
She had no excuse.

I could not even imagine harming your very own child ; it doesn't get any worse than this.
:moo:

Rest in peace London. You did not deserve this :( ....just heartbreaking

checked out the father's blog. He has been suffering MS. From what I read, he and the mother were separated, with London living with him and his parents. He was, at least since the illness forced him to stop working, the primary caregiver. The mother, Jillian had been living somewhere else until just recently when she also moved into HIS parent's home.
This is just what I picked up from the blog, it may or may not be true.
(if this blog isn't allowed, please remove)
https://helpmatt.org/author/matt/

So, I mean, this isn't a case of an overwhelmed parent, since until recently, she was living apart from both her ill husband, and her autistic son.

I hope she gets the maximum sentence allowed. What she did was pure evil.

almost sounds like revenge...

Was she leaving him or he leaving her? It definitely sounds like revenge to me as well.

http://pix11.com/2014/11/05/mom-blogged-about-autistic-son-before-throwing-him-off-oregon-bridge/

A nonprofit national group whose members have autism, the Autistic Self Advocacy Network, urged “vigorous prosecution” in McCabe’s case, according to a statement. “London, and not his mother, is the victim of a terrible crime,” the statement read.

President Ari Ne’eman told CNN that all too often the killing of children with disabilities is blamed on stress that caregivers are experiencing. Media and others should be careful, he said, about framing disabled children as a burden...

The organization stages a Day of Mourning in the spring during which names of disabled people killed by caregivers are read aloud. London’s name will be added to the list, said Ne’eman... “We need to look at this case, first and foremost, as the murder of a 6-year-old boy.”

How many times do we need to hear "the voices in my head told me" excuse. Don't get me wrong, I know mental illness exists, but why do these so called voices only ever tell people to do evil??? Are there no voices to tell someone to do good? This mother was competent enough to try internet scamming, I say she is competent enough to know right from wrong.

I'm so so mad

MOO!!

It hurts my heart too. I lost my son.

I was not and did not mean to imply that this could be justified.

(I asked that my post discussing mental illness be deleted.)

Mental health evaluation ordered for mom accused of throwing son off bridge.
http://www.kval.com/news/local/Mom-...-to-be-arraigned-live-tweeting-283402451.html

A woman accused of throwing her 6-year-old son off the Yaquina Bay Bridge to his death earlier this month will undergo a mental health evaluation at the state mental hospital, a judge decided Thursday.

Jillian McCabe's defense attorneys asked the judge for the evaluation. They said she had been previously committed to the hospital.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localst...-death-researched-insanity-pleas?entryType=0#

Prosecutors have told a judge that a woman accused of throwing her 6-year-old autistic son off a bridge on the Oregon coast had done Internet research on the terms “guilty but insane” and “not guilty by reason of insanity.”

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/285309991.html

London’s uncle, Andy McCabe, told KATU that he didn’t think losing London could hurt any more than it does already, but knowing London’s mother may have been planning his death makes it hurt even more. He said his family had been trying to get her committed to the state hospital all year.

So disgusting. As a mother to two young boys, I can't even imagine what sort of monster you must be to plot your own child's death.... Especially one who is so young and innocent! Makes me sick.

Father's Day interview with the dad, June 2015:

"London was autistic, but he was important as a person," McCabe says. "He didn't deserve to die. He wasn't suffering. A lot of the media like to portray people with autism as suffering. That the person who killed them have done a mercy. That is not the case."...

"His autism prevented him from speaking. He was working on some words but we could never have a conversation so I never got to hear him say that he loved me. But I know that he did."...

In February 2014, he said, Jillian McCabe was admitted to the hospital for a mental breakdown. Matt McCabe and London came to the coast so his parents could care for them as McCabe continued his recovery. London, then 5, was growing and learning....

In September 2014, after spending time in the hospital and a halfway house, Jillian McCabe was deemed healthy and sent home.

"Everyone said she was better," McCabe says. "She said she was better, but she wasn't."...

Jillian McCabe's trial is scheduled August 2016. She and Matt McCabe have since divorced, and he has not spoken to her since his son's death. He isn't sure there can be justice for his son, but he does know London would not have wanted to see anything bad happen to his mother.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/06/the_first_fathers_day_after_hi.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back