GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@LinasK - me again - wondering IF there might be a court date before the one in 2022?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

@LinasK - me again - wondering IF there might be a court date before the one in 2022?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif
So far nothing. I've been in touch with Ken recently regarding some family genealogy stuff, some family members that nobody seems to know... Thanks for asking.

@LinasK - another month has gone by - just wondering IF there might be a hearing coming up yet....

TIA! :)
Unfortunately, still nothing new... I keep checking the Oregon Judicial Department site periodically. It's frustrating when other cases have such active discussions. I'll be headed to Portland in about 3 weeks to take my daughter back to school, but I doubt I will have time then to head to any of the relevant sites.

So activity in other cases prompted me to check the Oregon Judicial Department site again. Unfortunately it looks like we are still 6 months out from Preliminary Motions and a year out from trial. Frustrating when there is so much activity on other cases. 26 new threads on Gabby Petito alone, and we are still on the original first thread. You can find me on the threads for Gabby Petito, Elizabeth Holmes/Theranos trial, Kristin Smart/Paul Flores trial, and the Daybell/Vallow murders for now. If I get an opportunity to visit Portland in late October or early November, I might try to visit some more of the case sites in this case, like Mark's house, the site where Lovrien dumped the car, the courthouse, or where the Eagle Tavern used to be. We'll have to see how much time we have and willingness of my husband to investigate. Thanks for the support of everyone who is interested in following Mark's case and getting justice for his father.

I have caught up on the thread today, read all the articles I could find about Mark, and I am still baffled about Christopher Lovrien. Mark seemed to be a good-natured, nice guy by all accounts, and I don't think he'd be in a position to have many enemies. He was a luggage handler and no indication of him being into drugs or anything of that sort. I truly wonder what was evil Christopher's motive. I wonder if he had met Mark and become fixated on him, but Mark rejected him because he had an SO, or just wasn't interested. That seems to be the most possible IMO. I don't see Mark calling out of work for an emergency if CL was robbing him, because I assume he would be more focused on calling 911, making sure he could try to diffuse the situation, try getting out of his house etc.

Here is my theory: Mark rejected CL, CL became super aggressive, likely threatened Mark, and Mark, feeling he was in danger, called out of work on July 2nd to try to urgently talk things through with CL. Thinking they were OK, they ended their conversation, and Mark went to the Eagle Bar the next day, on July 3rd, and CL stalked him and broke into his home to attack him.

I wish CL would just admit to what he did and tell LE where to find Mark. He is going to prison anyway, we all know he did it, please just bring Mark home to his family. SMH.

Mark's story has really touched me, I'm praying for @LinasK and the rest of Mark's loved ones.

Hey guys. I just got off the phone with Ken (Mark's father for anyone new to the case). Hadn't spoken with him in awhile. He's doing well, and I have some news. First of all, he called to tell me that the detective on the case called him about 10 days ago to update him, and so did the D.A. A couple of key dates are still on target to happen: May 23, 2022 for Pre-trial motions, and the trial date is still scheduled to start on October 3, 2022. During the pre-trial motions hearing(s) it will be determined if there is any new evidence ( maybe on either side).
The other thing of interest is that Lovrien is now trying to sell his house to afford a paid attorney. I guess he's unsatisfied with his public defender. Get this- apparently in Oregon, you don't have to disclose that a listed property has been the scene of a crime! (Mark's house was sold, and Ken did stipulate that a crime may have been committed there). In California, you must disclose this information.
Ken hasn't decided yet whether or not he or his other son will attend the trial. It depends on whether he's physically and mentally up to it ( it's been very hard on him emotionally). I don't know my schedule that far out either, but I'm contemplating a trip up there in February or March, so we'll see... That's it for now, hope everyone here at Websleuths is having a very happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year for 2022.

Hey guys. I just got off the phone with Ken (Mark's father for anyone new to the case). Hadn't spoken with him in awhile. He's doing well, and I have some news. First of all, he called to tell me that the detective on the case called him about 10 days ago to update him, and so did the D.A. A couple of key dates are still on target to happen: May 23, 2022 for Pre-trial motions, and the trial date is still scheduled to start on October 3, 2022. During the pre-trial motions hearing(s) it will be determined if there is any new evidence ( maybe on either side).
The other thing of interest is that Lovrien is now trying to sell his house to afford a paid attorney. I guess he's unsatisfied with his public defender. Get this- apparently in Oregon, you don't have to disclose that a listed property has been the scene of a crime! (Mark's house was sold, and Ken did stipulate that a crime may have been committed there). In California, you must disclose this information.
Ken hasn't decided yet whether or not he or his other son will attend the trial. It depends on whether he's physically and mentally up to it ( it's been very hard on him emotionally). I don't know my schedule that far out either, but I'm contemplating a trip up there in February or March, so we'll see... That's it for now, hope everyone here at Websleuths is having a very happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year for 2022.

Thanks for the update @LinasK. It’s good to hear there is progress. Wishing you and the rest of Mark’s family well.

Well, guess what? I decided for the heck of it to check the listing on Zillow, since I know the address, at first I didn't see it listed, so i thought it hadn't happened yet- then I searched by address rather than neighborhood. It turns out that he sold it a month ago for 385,000! The listing has better pictures of it than I could take from the street. The shed must be behind the fence on the left side of the property: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12044-SE-Foster-Rd-Portland-OR-97266/53867219_zpid/
Here's the description of it- (notice that they forgot to mention the dead body in the shed): Wonderful development or rehab opportunity, 1940's Bungalow on nearly 1/2 acre lot, zoned RM1. Features hardwood floors on main. Living room with wood-burning fireplace. The kitchen has a cozy nook with corner windows. Partially finished basement with family room and lots of great built-in storage. One car attached garage. Fully fenced backyard. Park-like setting with beautiful fir trees and natural landscaping.

Good to know about the new court dates. So nothing before the May one, eh? Seems like a long time for a motions hearing. But thanks for that info!

Can he get "fined" for not listing that a dead body was found in the shed - or??

There's also some dates in April listed, but Ken didn't mention them. According to him, the state of Oregon doesn't require you to disclose that a property listing has been the scene of a crime, but he did it anyway when he sold Mark's home. Lovrien's house should be on an episode of Buried in the Backyard.

Can you access the court site - and let me know "what" dates those are? TIA!
flocon-10.gif
Later this afternoon or evening. Right now my laptop is in the shop getting a new keyboard. My dog drooled all over it and fried the keyboard when I was on Zoom calls. She couldn't figure out who I was talking to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious
Back