OR OR - Portland, Willamette River, WhtFem 30-40, UP9599, Road Runner ring, clothes, c-section, Sep'93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am currently looking through a list of missing women from Vancouver, BC Canada if anyone else wants to help take a look - there are a lot of them. Some have been found and some have not. This is one of the better links that I have found:

http://www.missingpeople.net/home.html

DoeNetwork lists only four missing non-black adult women from British Columbia Canada in the two years prior.

Teresa Triff:
TTriff.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/917dfbc.html
(Tattoo rules her out).

Gloria Fedyshyn:
GFedyshyn.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

Sherry Linda Baker:
SLBaker.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1520dfbc.html

Elsie Sebastian:
ESebastien.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1083dfbc.html

I notice that nothing in Teresa Triff's description mentions that very prominent tattoo. I wonder if that was the only one she had?

I wonder how many other missing people have been overlooked or ruled out because the person who filed a missing persons report didn't know about or see fit to mention the missing person's tattoos?

And her hair is described as blonde when it's bright red. Huh?

When I look at entries like this, I totally understand why some people can't be found.

On Sept. 9, 1993, the body of a woman, between 30 and 40 years old, was found on the east bank of the Willamette River, south of the Burlington-Northern railroad bridge.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19482707/cold-case

Crossing the Willamette River on the southbound Amtrak Cascades (train 501) over the Burlington Northern Railroad Bridge 5.1 in Portland, Oregon.

Crossing the Willamette River on the southbound Amtrak Cascades - YouTube

Am really not finding a whole lot on the internet so thought I would take a virtual ride across the Burlington Northern Railroad Bride near to where the UID was found.

13 fillings in her teeth. Originally from Tacoma, Washington and leading a transient lifestyle. Went off the radar June 1989 and was approximately 5 months pregnant at the time.

Misty Michelle Mock:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mock_misty.html

Not a match imo but the exact same number of fillings sort of intrigued me.

White or hispanic or both?

I know that hispanic can also be caucasian..

I wonder if she looked "white" or "hispanic". If she was hispanic it could mean that she was a migrant worker and that could explain the lack of people coming forwards to identify her.

But I would think the detectives on the case would have noted her background if it was obvious. Therefore I am veering away from her being a latina.

Some places consider me to be Hispanic because I have semi-recent ancestors from Spain. I'm pale as a ghost though.

I wish they would released a photo of her, every sketch looks so different. :/

Some places consider me to be Hispanic because I have semi-recent ancestors from Spain. I'm pale as a ghost though.

I wish they would too!

Some places consider me to be Hispanic becaue I have semi-recent ancestors from Spain. I'm pale as a ghost though.

The face of a drowned person doesn't usually look very much like the person did living. A friend of mine drowned when I was in college, and even the funeral home's best efforts couldn't get her back to looking anything like herself. If I had been asked to identify her, I couldn't have, not by looking at her face.

The face of a drowned person doesn't usually look very much like the person did living. A friend of mine drowned when I was in college, and even the funeral home's best efforts couldn't get her back to looking anything like herself. If I had been asked to identify her, I couldn't have, not by looking at her face.

I wonder then, if we are making too much of this "non-Caucasian" cast to her features. She could look like my friend whose grandmother was Italian. Or even in my own family- some of us are dark hair and olive skinned even though we are white.

I wonder then, if we are making too much of this "non-Caucasian" cast to her features. She could look like my friend whose grandmother was Italian. Or even in my own family- some of us are dark hair and olive skinned even though we are white.

Well, I'm not very good at these things, so my opinion doesn't count for that much...but she doesn't look anything but Caucasian to me. Yeah, possibly a bit Italian, but could be most anything.

Usually if the person has Native or Hispanic ancestry, the post-mortem will be able to identify certain features of the teeth and skull to indicate that, and it will be noted in the description.

One of the missing women CarlK identified was Gloria Fedyshyn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html. I'm liking her as a match, though my initial impression was that she wasn't even close.

She's listed as 5'3" and 120 lbs, but in her photo, she looks MUCH heavier. It looks like her face is normally fairly thick, with a short thick neck, but I'm about the same size, and I don't start to look that puffy until I'm up around 175 lbs. So the "lost weight recently" might apply.

The UID's sketch shows a long face with a high forehead, small eyes slightly close together, a gap between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip, a high forehead with an irregular hairline that's not quite a widow's peak. So does Fedyshyn. The UID sketch isn't real clear, but she seems to have the same large flat ears set fairly high.

Fedyshyn's photo looks like she has her hair tied back.

There's no NamUs for her since she's Canadian. I can't find any more information for her except that she's on the list for missing BC women who might be victims of one or more serial killers in that area. At least two others are listed in Oregon, so the distance isn't a problem. Lots of travel from Portland to Vancouver.

She wasn't reported missing until 2002, but her last seen date is Feb. 1993, so the timeline is okay.

No mention of whether she has kids or anything.

Thoughts?

(our UID: https://identifyus.org/cases/9599)

Attachments

• NamUS UP9599 Willamette River with Gloria Fedyshyn.jpg
    NamUS UP9599 Willamette River with Gloria Fedyshyn.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 34
I'm thinking that Fedyshyn (and the other three women on my list above) were probably victims of Robert Pickton, the Canadian pig farmer who was responsible for the murders of dozens of women (mostly prostitutes and drug addicts) in the Vancouver area. The timeline and circumstances fit.

I'm thinking that Fedyshyn (and the other three women on my list above) were probably victims of Robert Pickton, the Canadian pig farmer who was responsible for the murders of dozens of women (mostly prostitutes and drug addicts) in the Vancouver area. The timeline and circumstances fit.

She's on the missing women task force list, but hasn't been identified as one of the known victims of Pickton. If she really went missing in 1993, she would be about 3 years earlier than his earliest known victim.

One of the missing women CarlK identified was Gloria Fedyshyn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html. I'm liking her as a match, though my initial impression was that she wasn't even close.

She's listed as 5'3" and 120 lbs, but in her photo, she looks MUCH heavier. It looks like her face is normally fairly thick, with a short thick neck, but I'm about the same size, and I don't start to look that puffy until I'm up around 175 lbs. So the "lost weight recently" might apply.

The UID's sketch shows a long face with a high forehead, small eyes slightly close together, a gap between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip, a high forehead with an irregular hairline that's not quite a widow's peak. So does Fedyshyn. The UID sketch isn't real clear, but she seems to have the same large flat ears set fairly high.

Fedyshyn's photo looks like she has her hair tied back.

There's no NamUs for her since she's Canadian. I can't find any more information for her except that she's on the list for missing BC women who might be victims of one or more serial killers in that area. At least two others are listed in Oregon, so the distance isn't a problem. Lots of travel from Portland to Vancouver.

She wasn't reported missing until 2002, but her last seen date is Feb. 1993, so the timeline is okay.

No mention of whether she has kids or anything.

Thoughts?

(our UID: https://identifyus.org/cases/9599)

Cheese and rice, how can someone not be seen for nine years before being reported missing?

My thought is she does look a lot like the UID if she had lost weight. How strict were the boarders in '93? Would she had to have shown some ID to be let in?

She probably said she was 120 on her drivers license, I said I was 5'9 and 135 :angel:

Cheese and rice, how can someone not be seen for nine years before being reported missing?

My thought is she does look a lot like the UID if she had lost weight. How strict were the boarders in '93? Would she had to have shown some ID to be let in?

She probably said she was 120 on her drivers license, I said I was 5'9 and 135 :angel:

In 1993 -- to cross from Vancouver, she might have had to show a driver's license, but passports weren't required.

If you're living a lifestyle where you're working the streets, and you've got a drug problem, probably people noticed she hadn't been around but just assumed she had moved on. It apparently wasn't until they started investigating Pickton's murders that her friends realized she hadn't been seen for some time. Which makes me think she might have told them she was going somewhere else, so they weren't surprised by her absence.

Ruleouts as of 15 March 2015 per Namus

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Katheryne Eggleston 1971 Oregon
DAVETTE GAUNT 1959 California
Suzanne Justis 1950 Oregon
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Heather Mehlhoff 1979 Oregon
Hannah Rowell 1964 California
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

First Name Last Name

Katheryne Eggleston
Anne Ellinwood
Sherry Eyerly
Davette Gaunt
Suzanne Justis
Hazel Klug
Heather Mehlhoff
Hannah Rowell
Patricia Schmidt
Peggy Wilker

What about this person from Portland in Charley Project as being out of contact from 10 years earlier than this UID was found (though mother "may" have spoken to Jeanne more recently than that). It sounds as though Jeanne had infrequent contact with family so may not necessarily have been missing but simply "out of range" or deliberately out of contact with her family. She would be 28yo by 1993, so only a couple of years off the age estimated.

Jeanne T. Palinkas – The Charley Project

Elvia Nava Radilla, originally from Guerrero, Mexico, fits the description of the UID and was known by her family to have travelled from Pittsburg, CA to Oregon before she stopped contacting them approximately 30 years ago. She would have been quite a bit older than the UID is estimated to be (53), though.
2103198970045078242S200x200Q851.jpegScreen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.35.08 PM.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210