Identified! OR - Skeletal remains likely female found in rural southern Jackson county April 14 2023 - Kris Heywood

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Red Clover

Former Member
Reaction score

"The suspicious nature of the scene led to JCSO detectives and medical examiners responding to investigate. The rugged terrain and remote area required JCSO Search and Rescue to assist in recovering the body," the release said. "Due to the ongoing investigation, the exact location of the remains will not be released at this time."

Here is a list of missing persons cases in Jackson County, Oregon. (these are older cold cases, so may not be relevant, but "skeletal remains" in advanced decomp could suggest an older case)
Thank you The first person I thought of was Stephanie Warner missing since July 4 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you The first person I thought of was Stephanie Warner missing since July 4 2013

Yes, please! Ten years is coming up and Lennie Ames is still alive AFAIK.

Here is a list of missing persons cases in Jackson County, Oregon. (these are older cold cases, so may not be relevant, but "skeletal remains" in advanced decomp could suggest an older case)
Celia Darlene Barnes age 53 missing 2002 from Sardine Creek near Gold Hill Oregon

Cheryl Kay Seyedin age 43 missing November 17 1998 from old Siskiyou Hwy south of Ashland near the California border

Celia Darlene Barnes age 53 missing 2002 from Sardine Creek near Gold Hill Oregon

Cheryl Kay Seyedin age 43 missing November 17 1998 from old Siskiyou Hwy south of Ashland near the California border

Stephanie Warner’s thread is hopping, as you can imagine. The remote and difficult terrain is a good fit for suspect Lennie Ames’ various mining claims and/or knowledge of the area. Unless her clothing and distinctive necklace were removed, they should help with the ID even after 10 years…I hope. Otherwise, here’s hoping her family made sure DNA is on file. She has two brothers and a sister IIRC in addition to her mother. I think she may still be alive.

Identified as Kris Heywood, 77, missing for about a year. Her remains were found in the 3700 block of Old Highway 99 South up in the mountains near Ashland, OR. So very glad her family has her back.

Near the red marker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back