OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think LE is telling people close to this to keep quiet? If so, why? The silence there is worrisome! My feeling is you put up signs, talk to media, get the word out! Why hasn't the boyfriend posted missing signs? Talk about "baffling"!!
So frustrating!!! People all over the area should know about this! It's been a month!

Lilibet: thank you for the info -- hoovering over date provided the times.

Date Range is then:
Login: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 @ 7:10 am
Logout: Thursday July 4 @ 6:08pm

Logged in for 3 weeks...then suddenly logs out on July 4?

Unless the time stamp is clarified/confirmed by Zynga, this is not a reliable way to judge time or login/logout activity at this point. When I post on Websleuths, the time on the post is in the future. If this were true in Stephanie's case she could have logged out at 3:08 pm PST while still in Ashland and it may show up online as 6:08 pm.

If it is correct login/logout info, then the coincidence of logging out just before disappearing could be a factor. Why decide to logout that day and that time?

I believe her ISP could determine if there was activity from her IP address (her home) but I don't know for sure.

Yes, I'm not sure how it works- Zynga login/logout activity. Hopefully LE have checked whether her home computer was used on the 4th July.
Thanks for all the info provided Neptune.

Do you all think LE is telling people close to this to keep quiet? If so, why? The silence there is worrisome! My feeling is you put up signs, talk to media, get the word out! Why hasn't the boyfriend posted missing signs? Talk about "baffling"!!
So frustrating!!! People all over the area should know about this! It's been a month!

BBM - has me scratching my old noggin :confused: about that as well.
Cases like this need family and someone like a BF to be contacting LE for followup.

Yes, I do believe LE has asked people to keep quiet. The bolded part of the article quoted below from July 23 makes that clear. It's the only place I've actually seen that written. If releasing info would put the search at risk, you can assume they have some leads they're investigating and possibly don't want certain people to know they're being looked at. JMO So, from my perspective, LE silence is a good thing even though it's frustrating for us. The boyfriend and son interview that I saw on KOBI (that brought me here) has never been posted. I think LE shut that down.

The silence of the boyfriend certainly is "baffling". You probably saw the article I posted up thread with tips for searching for a missing loved one. Plastering the community with signs is one of them, and kind of a no-brainer. So if that isn't being done, it makes me suspicious. Not calling LE when she goes missing, and pointing the finger at a previous boyfriend in a TV interview...that takes it to a whole different level IMO. I think it's fair to say that LE is not trusted or welcomed by certain elements in that community and LE would be kept at arms' length from beginning to end. JMO I'm hoping that someone has enough integrity to sacrifice their own privacy and/or safety concerns for Stephanie.

Is there any way for her family to appoint a media spokesperson to keep this in the news? Or, maybe they've been told not to? The mother of missing boy Kyron Horman, Desiree Young, lives in Medford and is still very visible on TV, and comes right out and accuses step-mom! She's been tenacious for three years.

We will keep hoping for that "movement" the sheriff expects to be in the news soon!

http://www.kdrv.com/boyfriend-of-missing-woman-speaks-out/

Boyfriend of Missing Woman Speaks Out
by Justin Bourke
Published July 23, 2013

RUCH, Ore. – The boyfriend of a missing Ruch woman spoke out about her disappearance for the first time.
Stephanie Warner, 43, has been missing since July 4th. Her boyfriend, Lennie Ames, was last seen with Warner at a July Fourth parade in Ashland. He says he’s speaking up out of concern for his girlfriend and a desire to see her home safely.
“Well it’s been really tough on me to say the least. I miss her very much, the animals miss her, and as each day goes by it just continues to get more and more hopeless,” said Ames.
NewsWatch 12 is complying with a Jackson County Sheriff’s Office request to avoid releasing additional details about the investigation for now.
The Sheriff’s office says making too much information public could put the search for Warner at risk. The sheriff’s office says they expect movement in the case in the coming days or weeks, and at that time coverage will continue into the situation

Just need to compliment the work you are doing here Lilibet and give
:gthanks:!

Just need to compliment the work you are doing here Lilibet and give
:gthanks:!

Thank YOU, OldSteve, for being here, along with everyone else who is pulling for Stephanie. I've been inspired by all the comments here. Just when I think it's time for me to be quiet for a bit and do some housework, someone says something that gets me going again. :idea: We're a good team!

Does anyone which high school in NOLA Stephanie went to?

The school's alumni page may be a good way to get the word out to graduates all over the country and maybe reach out to some graduates with resources that could help in the search, like posters, etc (even if they had to be mailed to OR).

Does anyone which high school in NOLA Stephanie went to?

The school's alumni page may be a good way to get the word out to graduates all over the country and maybe reach out to some graduates with resources that could help in the search, like posters, etc (even if they had to be mailed to OR).

That's a great idea. Maybe her friend for-ashley knows the answer.

I wish I had the energy to put up posters around the area. Perhaps there is a younger WSer in the local area who would be up for it. I haven't been out and about much because of the bad smoke covering the area, so I haven't had a chance to scope out local bulletin boards to see if it's been done already.

I shared on Fb to get some Ashlanders more up to date on her disappearance

https://www.facebook.com/RRPress I just saw this comment ----- "Detectives have evidence that Warner’s green 2004 Nissan Xterra was operated late in the evening on July 4th, 2013, into the early morning of July 5th, 2013."

https://www.facebook.com/RRPress I just saw this comment ----- "Detectives have evidence that Warner’s green 2004 Nissan Xterra was operated late in the evening on July 4th, 2013, into the early morning of July 5th, 2013."

Thanks Mayelf!

Wow! I wonder what that means? How did they get that evidence? That's really specific.

So did she go out in her vehicle and come back in the early morning and then ride somewhere with someone else later? Or did someone bring back her vehicle early on July 5 and leave it there after doing something to Stephanie?

Previous articles have said there was no sign of struggle at home or in the vehicle. I'm sure they've checked for finger prints. But if it's someone she knows, that won't be conclusive. Her driveway gate has a keypad outside to open it with a code. Whoever brought back the vehicle, knew the code. IMO

Another new thing in that link regarding her banking:

"Detectives have also found no activity on any of Warner’s personal accounts since July 4th."

Before they've just said they have checked her phone and bank records, without giving the results. Still wondering about cell phone pings.

Feeling sad and mad. And imagining how her family and true friends feel!

Interesting what Edmunds says about the 2004 Xterra:
BBM

"A truck-based compact sport-ute for those who actually plan to go off-roading. Those seeking a refined urban runabout should look elsewhere.

Pros
Rugged looks and the off-road capability to match, lots of room inside, solid construction.

Cons
Sloppy on-road ride and steering, four-cylinder and standard V6 lack power, spartan cabin design."

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/xterra/2004/

I wonder if there is any evidence on the outside of the vehicle that would point to where it has been. IIRC the type of mud and plant residue on Whitney Heichel's vehicle helped searchers find Whitney on Larch Mountain. :cry:

It sounds like they have surveillance video or some kind of OnStar type data. I don't think they'd make such a statement if it was an eyewitness account. As for signs of a struggle, Stephanie was not very big. Unfortunately, I don't think she could put up much of a fight against a big guy. This whole thing is beginning to sound ominous and like romance gone bad. And I think it's possible that this case will never be solved. But the clues some of you have uncovered about areas of interest may give police the break they need.

Do we know if she actually uses the keypad? I know a lot of people with systems that don't use them.

Very sad that there are no answers for this woman and her family. And very sad that the LE couldn't release that information about her car sooner or in more news reports - because it seems pretty vital to try and find out her last whereabouts, and not even a release of photos of the vehicle. But in my brain - I think that if someone went through the trouble to park her car back at the home they would go through the trouble to stage a scene in the house. I wonder where her keys were located or if they were located - also no mention about cellphone/wallet other than no activity noted past July 4th. No mention if her doors were locked or unlocked at the home. This whole case seems so strange.

http://www.southernoregoncw.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ntvl_vid_8217.shtml

comment on the bottom - interesting.

It sounds like they have surveillance video or some kind of OnStar type data. I don't think they'd make such a statement if it was an eyewitness account. As for signs of a struggle, Stephanie was not very big. Unfortunately, I don't think she could put up much of a fight against a big guy. This whole thing is beginning to sound ominous and like romance gone bad. And I think it's possible that this case will never be solved. But the clues some of you have uncovered about areas of interest may give police the break they need.

I was wondering if her car might have OnStar or something. You're, right, the lack of struggle could mean she was overpowered or it could mean she knew the person. The latter seems likely to me, whether it was deliberate or a post- accident cover-up.

I'm trying not to get discouraged, but realistically, the longer it goes, the harder it gets to solve, as we know. The delayed missing report didn't help. I really do hope the JCSO is reading here, or is at least thinking along the same lines we are.

Do we know if she actually uses the keypad? I know a lot of people with systems that don't use them.

Very sad that there are no answers for this woman and her family. And very sad that the LE couldn't release that information about her car sooner or in more news reports - because it seems pretty vital to try and find out her last whereabouts, and not even a release of photos of the vehicle. But in my brain - I think that if someone went through the trouble to park her car back at the home they would go through the trouble to stage a scene in the house. I wonder where her keys were located or if they were located - also no mention about cellphone/wallet other than no activity noted past July 4th. No mention if her doors were locked or unlocked at the home. This whole case seems so strange.

http://www.southernoregoncw.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ntvl_vid_8217.shtml

comment on the bottom - interesting.

Those are all good points. Her gate was closed in a photo, so I assumed the key pad code would be used to open it, but maybe not. I'm thinking it may have taken LE awhile to get the car info, just like computer forensics takes time. I hope this info will spread in the news. I think they're being tight-lipped about a lot of things. I imagine it's good practice to hold back info. Of course, we want to know everything yesterday! :waiting:

Yes, that comment at the bottom of the article is very interesting. Thanks.

Good news! The info about Stephanie's car was just posted on the Medford Tribune and the Ashland Daily Tidings with a photo of her car.
BBM

https://m.facebook.com/mailtribune?v=feed&__user=100000602933070

http://t.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs...2/NEWS/308020313/-1/NEWS07&template=tabletart

Detectives ask for help tracking final trip of missing woman's SUV
August 02, 2013 - 4:20 PM

Investigators believe a missing Ruch woman's sport utility vehicle was driven late July 4 and early July 5, so now they are asking if anyone saw the green 2004 Nissan Xterra around that time.

Stephanie Anne Warner, 43, was last seen in the Ruch area around 5 p.m. July 4, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department reported. Earlier in the day, she had participated in the Ashland Fourth of July parade.

She has not been seen or heard from since Independence Day. Her family and friends say is unusual for her to be out of contact, and authorities have described her as "missing under suspicious circumstances."

Search teams combed her property and several other Applegate Valley locations last month looking for any sign of her, officials said.

This week, investigators put out a call for witnesses who might have seen Warner or a group of young men in a green Chevy extra cab pickup at the Ruch Country Store, 7350 Highway 238, on the evening of July 4. Detectives said that the men, thought to be in their late teens or early 20s, aren't suspects, but might have seen something.

Warner is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. She has red hair, brown eyes and sometimes wears glasses.

Anyone with information should call the sheriff's department's tip line at 541-774-8333 or email CID@jacksoncounty.org.

— Ryan Pfeil

Just today LE announces information on the make and model of Stephanie's vehicle? Here's a photo, folks, try to remember back 3 weeks ago and let us know if you saw it.

So, if you live in Ruch and Ashland, jot down absolutely everything you see today 'cuz it may be relevant in a month to solve this case.

I'm sorry but this is the snailest I've ever seen LE work. The dearth of progress is making me more interested in this case, not less interested.

Just today LE announces information on the make and model of Stephanie's vehicle? Here's a photo, folks, try to remember back 3 weeks ago and let us know if you saw it.

So, if you live in Ruch and Ashland, jot down absolutely everything you see today 'cuz it may be relevant in a month to solve this case.

I'm sorry but this is the snailest I've ever seen LE work. The dearth of progress is making me more interested in this case, not less interested.

Good point, Neptune. I really wish I understood the process LE goes through to solve a case. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they're being systematic, but putting out the car description this late seems so odd.

I'm an amateur, but I believe in using every possible means to get info out there ASAP. While we're sitting around waiting, I might as well explain my point by telling this story. It's one of my favorite adventures and proudest sleuthing moments. :blushing:

Back in 1978 in rural Northern California, our house was burglarized. Even though a detective was working the case, I was putting up posters and letting everyone know about a car they thought was connected. Bingo! A friend had seen the car parked at the secluded home of a casual acquaintance. I went there with her, we were invited in, and there was our stolen property sitting out in plain sight! We had coffee (I kept my cool), I went home, called the sheriff, they raided the property (with me in the lead car to point out the driveway), and solved about twelve burglaries.

Long story short, the point I'm making is that we'd still be wondering where our stuff was if I hadn't spread the word, gotten a good tip, and had the good fortune to be able to "go undercover" as a private citizen, which the sheriff couldn't have done.

You just never know what tips will come your way if you just put it all out there. Whitney Heichel is another example of tremendous effort by family and friends in cooperation with LE that helped to solve a case quickly.

I just don't see how a description of Stephanie's car given earlier could in any way have hurt the case. Might have helped. :banghead:

I just woke up, and my eyes aren't focused.

Did you use the word "snailest"?

You made me laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members