OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing that Stephanie was from the NO area. Anyone know where in the NO area (which neighborhood, suburb, parish, etc)? I am hoping maybe she's just come back home and is living there under the radar & without contacting friends/family in the area.

Yes, I was able to find out what area of NO she grew up in (Lakeview). Her parent's home of 40 years was severely damaged by the canal flooding in Katrina. Her Dad died a couple of years ago. I don't know if they ever moved back into the house or if her Mom still lives in it. She has a sister and two brothers in the NO area. Stephanie is the baby of the family, four years younger than her next older sibling and eight years younger than her oldest sibling. It would take me hours to go back and find the links to all this info. It's all out there for anyone to find. :lookingitup: I'm just not comfortable posting their names, etc. here.

Whether or not Stephanie has returned to NO and is not contacting family and friends, I suppose anything is possible, but it doesn't seems probable to me. It was her Mom who reported her missing because Stephanie hadn't contacted her. According to the director of Jackson County Fuel Committee where Stephanie volunteered, she talked to her Mom every day. It's hard to imagine that she would leave her 78 year old widowed mother wondering what happened to her. Also, it was rumored that she left animals behind that needed medication.

So I just have trouble believing that she is staying hidden away voluntarily, unless, of course, it's too dangerous to let loved ones know where she is. But that's a stretch too IMO. LE has checked her banking, but we don't know what they found. Another possibility is that she is being held somewhere against her will and that LE will find her or she will escape. It's all very sad and confusing and no theory sounds good to me. :notgood:

Also- unless she had help it would be near impossible to leave the area (unless she is a marathon runner or something).

It just occurred to me that nobody would make much of gun shot sounds on July 4. Hopefully, that's an irrelevant observation. Hopefully, she's just on a trip somewhere. But I sort of doubt it.

We know that Stephanie volunteered at the Jackson County Fuel Committee for the past year. But did she also have a job? There has been no mention of an employer. How did she support herself?

Property taxes on her home were about $2100/year and were paid last year.* There could still be a mortgage payment, since the property was purchased in 2001. That, plus normal living expenses would require some kind of income. Where did it come from?

*I'm not posting a link to the property tax info because it lists the name of the original owner, who deeded Stephanie half undivided interest in the property in 2005. This person died in 2011, so I'm not sure why the name is still on the tax account.

As Stephanie's oldest friend from back home, I wanted to thank all of you for your time, energy, thoughts, prayers, concerns, information, and respect. Being so far away and not being in the family loop of info is really hard! I'm basically in the dark! I've been reading your posts from the day I found out about Steph's disappearance and check them everyday for anything new. Unfortunately, I don't have any information. I have a strong feeling but that's all it is, a feeling. Sadly, I haven't spoken to Steph in almost a year and I miss her more than ever! Please keep up the sleuthing and post any new info!

As Stephanie's oldest friend from back home, I wanted to thank all of you for your time, energy, thoughts, prayers, concerns, information, and respect. Being so far away and not being in the family loop of info is really hard! I'm basically in the dark! I've been reading your posts from the day I found out about Steph's disappearance and check them everyday for anything new. Unfortunately, I don't have any information. I have a strong feeling but that's all it is, a feeling. Sadly, I haven't spoken to Steph in almost a year and I miss her more than ever! Please keep up the sleuthing and post any new info!

:welcome5:

First, let me send hugs! :grouphug: This must be awful for you and all her friends and family. I'm so glad you are reading here, even though we're at sort of a standstill and we can't really say some of what we're thinking. I appreciate that some of her friends are keeping Stephanie really visible on Facebook.

Personally, I would love to know more about Stephanie as a person if there is anything you feel comfortable sharing. In order to do that, you may need to get verified as an insider as Kimster posted above. We know next to nothing about her personality, education, work history, when and why she came to Oregon, etc. Stephanie is about the same age as my daughter, so she really pulls at me as a Mom.

A few minutes ago, I sent an email to the Jackson County Sheriff with the results of my research that I can't post here. I'm sure they already know most of it, but maybe there will be a snippet that helps. I included links to the info I found. Unfortunately, Stephanie seems to have been involved with people I wish she hadn't been. All we can do is keep sleuthing and hope for the best. I hope you'll keep posting so we can support you.

Jackson County Sheriff's Office
2 hours ago
Help requested in Missing Person case

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in regards to the investigation into the disappearance of Stephanie Ann Warner. Sheriff’s Office Detectives are asking anyone who was at the Ruch Country Store (7350 Hwy 238 Jacksonville, Oregon) on July 4th, 2013, between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm to contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office so Detectives can talk with potential witnesses.
Detectives are specifically looking for the individuals who were operating a green Chevy extra cab pickup that was occupied by several males in their late teens and/or early 20’s and stopped at the Ruch County Store between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. These persons were said to be heading to Applegate Lake to camp on the evening of the 4th.
The individuals who are associated with the vehicle are not persons of interest or suspects in this case. Detectives believe they may have information to assist with the investigation.
Please contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 541-774-8333 to leave a message with your information and an investigator will contact you as soon as possible.

BBM

I wonder if the info about the kids in the green truck came from surveillance video or eyewitnesses. I looked at the photo of the store early in the thread, but I can't tell if there are cameras or not. I hope this is on the news tonight and someone recognizes who it could be. Please!!

Jackson County Sheriff's Office
2 hours ago
Help requested in Missing Person case

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in regards to the investigation into the disappearance of Stephanie Ann Warner. Sheriff’s Office Detectives are asking anyone who was at the Ruch Country Store (7350 Hwy 238 Jacksonville, Oregon) on July 4th, 2013, between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm to contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office so Detectives can talk with potential witnesses.
Detectives are specifically looking for the individuals who were operating a green Chevy extra cab pickup that was occupied by several males in their late teens and/or early 20’s and stopped at the Ruch County Store between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. These persons were said to be heading to Applegate Lake to camp on the evening of the 4th.
The individuals who are associated with the vehicle are not persons of interest or suspects in this case. Detectives believe they may have information to assist with the investigation.
Please contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 541-774-8333 to leave a message with your information and an investigator will contact you as soon as possible.

BBM

Applegate lake - interesting.(IMO)

I will be glued to the news, and this time, I hope the video goes up so I can post it.

No video yet. The JCSO asked anyone who had been at the Ruch Country Store between 5 and 7 pm July 4 to contact them. Then they specifically mentioned the people in the green truck.

The Rogue Valley is covered in smoke from the many fires in the area, and there are evacuations going on in some places. That news may override the video about Stephanie, so you'll have to make do with my summary for now. :(

Another story on the news tonight is some really good news concerning two cold cases here. I know there are some locals on this thread, so I hope it's OK to give you a heads up on this thread since the others are kind of buried.

The JCSO announced that there will be two people dedicating their time to cold cases. The first two they will look at are Dave Lewis and Troy Carney who were murdered the same day on Labor Day Weekend 2008. Troy's Mom has posted here on WS. I posted this info and a link to a new article on both threads.

This is Troy's thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Troy Dean Carney, 44, murdered in Central Point, Sept 2008

Here is the post about the article on Dave's thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR-David E Lewis Ashland

I found the news video for this story! http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_8433.shtml

End of local public service announcement. Carry on for Stephanie. :tyou:

I just wanted to pop in and say WELCOME to for ashley! also a big THANKS to Lilibet for all her sleuthing! I'm thousands of miles away and don't have much to offer but I've been drawn to this case from the beginning and hope that Stephanie will be found safe and sound.

It seems like those kids could have been visiting from out of the area. If that's the case, they'll never know anything about police wanting to talk to them.

It seems like those kids could have been visiting from out of the area. If that's the case, they'll never know anything about police wanting to talk to them.

Very true. But fortunately, the station covers a large area from the coast to the east past Klamath Falls, north quite a way and down into Northern California. So even if they weren't local from the Rogue Valley, there's a chance they or their parents will hear it. I hope! I'm glad that in the TV news version the JCSO asked "anyone" who had been at the store between 5 and 7 to call them.

I just wanted to pop in and say WELCOME to for ashley! also a big THANKS to Lilibet for all her sleuthing! I'm thousands of miles away and don't have much to offer but I've been drawn to this case from the beginning and hope that Stephanie will be found safe and sound.

Awwww, thanks radiator. :blushing: I've been meaning to post a thanks to all you WSers from far away who have kept this thread going from the beginning. I've only been here a week since the boyfriend/son interview got me so upset. It really means a lot that folks from far away have taken an interest in Stephanie and support this thread. :tyou:

:yourock:

Another story on the news tonight is some really good news concerning two cold cases here. I know there are some locals on this thread, so I hope it's OK to give you a heads up on this thread since the others are kind of buried.

The JCSO announced that there will be two people dedicating their time to cold cases. The first two they will look at are Dave Lewis and Troy Carney who were murdered the same day on Labor Day Weekend 2008. Troy's Mom has posted here on WS. I posted this info and a link to a new article on both threads.

This is Troy's thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Troy Dean Carney, 44, murdered in Central Point, Sept 2008

Here is the post about the article on Dave's thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR-David E Lewis Ashland

I found the news video for this story! http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_8433.shtml

End of local public service announcement. Carry on for Stephanie. :tyou:

Thank you so very much for posting about my my son Troy's case.
it really gives me sometning to look forward too now....Thanks again...Linda Wood

Thank you so very much for posting about my my son Troy's case.
it really gives me sometning to look forward too now....Thanks again...Linda Wood

You're more than welcome, Linda. We would love for something to come of this for you and Troy and Dave's boys. :)

There are a bunch of pictures of Stephanie from about three years ago on her dear friend's Facebook page. I won't post a direct link, but you can go to Stephanie's FB page and look for it. It's one of her woman friends, to help you narrow it down.

https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.warner.927/friends

If you click on one of the photos, you will see more than the four displayed. She looks really happy to be with her old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth