GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the attendant remembered it that way. I guess I just don't believe that there was a female in the passenger seat or at least don't believe that if there was one, it was Whitney.

MOO and a bag of chips, ya know?

i'm kinda leaning this way too. she's 21, not a child. children are the victims that cooperate out of fear, not 21 year olds. shje would have jumped out or bashed her head at the window if her hands and feet were bound or yelled or something.

Is it me or just because they are so calm? It does not seem to be any urgency on their part.This is becoming more confusing.

She was reported missing at 10:00AM on Tuesday. LE began searching for her that very morning and had 24 detectives on the case by day's end. No urgency?

Maybe she broke the window to try to escape? Makes me sad to think of what happened in that car. :(
Glass was found in parking area at her apartment and street view photo shows her car parked next to tall bushes. My guess is someone was waiting in the bushes for her and broke the glass to unlock the door and get in. Im just guessing though.

i'm kinda leaning this way too. she's 21, not a child. children are the victims that cooperate out of fear, not 21 year olds. shje would have jumped out or bashed her head at the window if her hands and feet were bound or yelled or something.

Case studies have found that adults "freeze" as well, way more often than one would think. She could have been restrained, he could have told her that he had one of her siblings, there are a thousand ways to do it and they know them all.

JUST MY PERSONAL **Theory** Opinion** Theory** Opinion**

This is what I theorize may have happened:

Whitney may have had an admirer from Starbucks. This admirer, like so many stalker types, misconstrued her hospitality and kindness and felt like she may have shared his feelings. He knows her comings and goings and met her near her SUV prior to her going to work. She did not appreciate his visit whatsoever. He gets her into the car somehow and threatens her not to say a word as he gets gas so they can drive around and "talk". At some point she fights back with all her might, kicking out the passenger window. He panicks and hits her knocking her out. He panicks even more and drives around aimlessly not knowing what to do. He then leaves her somewhere and ditches her car at Walmart and flees.

They still have alot of video to go through yet plus releasing video footage might jeopardize this case.

Might jeapordize the case ? Or someone could recognize him, and lead LE to him... one possibility is that he had a baseball cap pulled low. If he is average weight/height, it could be that LE has no way at all to identify him ...MOO If nothing distinguishes his appearance, LE may well be stymied...hope this is NOT the case.... JMO

She was reported missing at 10:00AM on Tuesday. LE began searching for her that very morning and had 24 detectives on the case by day's end. No urgency?

I was speaking on the presser,wondering if they know something one way or the other.In the beginning sure,but now I think this is going at a pace.I do think they know what happened to her.

This dept. has faced a lot of scrutiny and been looked at through a microscope multiple times. I think they are more guarded than the average dept. and that may come across like a lack of urgency.

I live on the other side of Portland in a super suburby suburb, but wanted to chime in on this point. I have NEVER seen so many homeless people hanging around businesses near the highway as I see here. I live within sight of 26, which is the highway where Whitney's apartment is located, and there are "regulars" at all the major businesses/intersections in the neighborhood. None of them are threatening or sketchy looking, but it's definitely a weird thing that I noticed right away.

Not sure if this is just my area (again, close to the highway and major roads, lots of businesses and traffic) or if it's a Portland suburb thing or what. This is a fairly decent area and I imagine they feel safer here than they would in NE Portland. There's one in particular who is a girl a little older than I am, and whenever I see her I feel this bizarre mixture of relief that she's still okay enough to be standing there and fear for what might happen to her if she continues.

I hope Whitney is okay. I don't have a good feeling about this one and I don't like it when these cases hit so close to home. :(

it's not just your area. i think it's a sign of the times. here in baton rouge, the homeless have begun setting up near whole foods, the mall, and target. they are no longer just in the "bad" areas. i too have been seeing a female - late 20s. she sleeps under the interstate and looks like she's healthy, groomed as best as she can be, and not on drugs. i am so afraid for her.

I agree. BUT not if the attendant was pumping gas and a gun was held on her.

Just an FYI, breaking a window with your feet is not all that easy. Actually, breaking a window isn't that easy period.

This is NOT meant to cast aspersions on anyone but...I have a friend who left the JW faith when she was a young woman. It was VERY difficult. The shunning thing really does happen, and she lost most of her family except the ones who also were no longer JW.

I'm thinking if a young woman was having a lot of doubts and was desperate to get out...a lot of different scenarios could play out. She would have to keep those doubts completely wrapped up in herself, from what I understand, because of how the religion thinks about these things. She could reach a breaking point and just take off, or find someone who will run off with her, or just leave without completely thinking about how it would look or the consequences...lots of possibilities.

This does give some hope that she is alive, at least.

Thanks for sharing that information, I won't expound on my personal feeling about religious shunning.

But if that were the case, wouldn't it be easier just to disappear and leave the vehicle? Instead we have all these random sightings and debit card uses. Just makes no sense in terms of a voluntary disappearance.

Glass was found in parking area at her apartment and street view photo shows her car parked next to tall bushes. My guess is someone was waiting in the bushes for her and broke the glass to unlock the door and get in. Im just guessing though.

I'm really interested in the glass found. I've not much concern for the glass at her apt complex because those complexes typically have some glass in the parking lot- but the other glass concerns me because it was found near her apron and glasses (?).

I think the glass will tell a lot about what happened.

This dept. has faced a lot of scrutiny and been looked at through a microscope multiple times. I think they are more guarded than the average dept. and that may come across like a lack of urgency.

in the mickey shunick case, the seeming lack of urgency (their silence after the first pressers, in particular) was because they knew who was responsible. i strongly feel like this may be the case now in Oregon, as they seem to have more to "work with" than Lafayette's LE first had for Mickey. they are most likely honing in on the perp and building their case.

I'm really interested in the glass found. I've not much concern for the glass at her apt complex because those complexes typically have some glass in the parking lot- but the other glass concerns me because it was found near her apron and glasses (?).

I have read about glass in at least 3 different places. I think the only confirmed one is at the apt. complex correct?

Strange...so,LE is still not releasing the video footage ? No description of a possible abductor ? It just doesn't sound like LE knows very much ?

That neighbor who spioke to her when she was leaving to go to her car...were they both outside when they had their convo ? If so, what did the neighbor see ? I would want to talk n talk n talk to the neighbor...did he hear anything ? see anyone ?

Video was poor quality, so no use releasing it-

Neighbor spoke to her the night before she disappeared-

Ahhh, thanks for the new info (new to me). I thought I had read every post but I missed the one about them finding her apron and glasses. You have a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee