OT: To all the TX Gulf Sleuthers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are showing a live newscast on CNN.com right now.

They said the storm has picked up speed. :eek:

I've got family here from the Port Arthur area. We're as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Their house will be within the hurricane-force windfield, and they live near the Sabine...

If y'all can keep them in your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. :hug:

They are showing a live newscast on CNN.com right now.

They said the storm has picked up speed. :eek:

Has the windfield of a Cat 4 hurricane.

This is going to be AWFUL for Houston...and for a huge chunk of the TX Coastline...all the way over to the state line.

I'm in Oklahoma but have in-laws from Friendswood, Tx They moved inland yesterday. I can't even imagine what it would be like leaving your home knowing it may not be there when you go back. I'm praying for all those folks, I hope you all will too.

Sending prayers from South Florida....(and we almost moved to Houston this summer). I've been through 9 hurricane seasons including losing a car and roof to Wilma. I NEVER want to be in anything like that again, and it was a Cat 2/3 that crossed the entire FL peninsula before it hit us. Best wishes to all of you, I hope you stay safe.

This is going to be much worse than Katrina, hopefully FEMA has learned something and it won't take as long to search for survivors.

I've got family here from the Port Arthur area. We're as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Their house will be within the hurricane-force windfield, and they live near the Sabine...

Hear ya, Quick...I'll be praying for them.

I'm having a good thought for all of you in the affected areas. My great aunt is in a nursing home and fortunately she got moved. Bless all of you.

74 mile wide eye - predicting 22 foot storm surge. Yeesh. Prayers for all Texas coasters. My whole family, including DS is in Corpus -- thought they were going to get it. I'm relieved for them but golly, do not want this.

And 50 ft. waves.

Take care, Gulf Sleuthers. Don't take chances and stay safe.

I'm sorry but that expression made me laugh hysterically! I've never heard it before! :)

My thoughts are with your family.... :blowkiss:

~TX Gulf Sleuthers~
Keeping all of you in my thoughts & prayers as Ike heads your way!
Stay Safe!!!!!

Oh, My! Those photos are already frightening. (Altho, I did rather enjoy seeing Geraldo get dumped. hehehe)

Thanks for the prayers & such!--We are about half way between Houston and Dallas on I-45. No wind or rain this far up yet. I just got home, the northbound traffic on I-45 is starting to get crazy, so I cut off on a side highway to get home.... I saw one SUV pulling into the Dairy Queen, with 15 of the 5 gallon gas cans tied to the top!

My Grand MIL and her son and DIL are still in NE Houston. Say a little prayer for them, they decided to board it up instead of trying to fight the traffic.

The last regular storm got part of our roof about 2-3 weeks ago. So here we sit with a huge tarp over the roof..My fear is the wind is going to "Pick us up like a hot air balloon", so we may make it to Oklahoma yet! lol

Every one be safe!

Oh, My! Those photos are already frightening. (Altho, I did rather enjoy seeing Geraldo get dumped. hehehe)
Yea, I caught Geraldo getting dumped earlier - laughed like crazy. All of South Florida is praying for Galveston right now.

What I have found to be really scary is now the National Weather Service is telling everyone that has stayed to write their SS# on their arms. NOW THAT IS SCARY!!!

Anyone come to my door and tell me that - I'm telling them "wait right there - I'm coming with you!"

West Texas here, we're pretty safe, only some rain from the storm. Praying for every one on the gulf, very scary, the news is alarming. Houston, Galveston, Port Arthur, Beaumont areas stay safe and God speed.

Here comes the wind...yes, this ones going to be rough. Like I said earlier, I'm in Houston (central) about 40 miles from Galveston and for the last hour the wind gusts have been really, really strong...its becoming more consistent now. Thanks again for all of the prayers and good thoughts! I'll keep you posted...til the power goes out!

The last regular storm got part of our roof about 2-3 weeks ago. So here we sit with a huge tarp over the roof..My fear is the wind is going to "Pick us up like a hot air balloon", so we may make it to Oklahoma yet! lol

Every one be safe!
I am glad you warned me to be checking for a hot air balloon instead of a vehicle! What color is your ballo...er...tarp so I don't mix you up with the neighbor's drop in guests from that area?! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back