Other Agencies Pulled Back into Search-

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18759634/detail.html

(snip)
Dozens of law enforcement personnel on Friday searched deep in woods south of the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared 11 days ago.

Neither that search, a result of a lead, nor a search conducted of the area where a sex offender visited after his curfew turned up anything useful, Putnam County Sheriff's Office Capt. Dick Schauland said Friday afternoon.

Blue Pond Picnic and Hiking Area is located on US 17 South, approximately 15 miles south of Palatka, 4 miles south of Satsuma and 5 miles north of Pomona Park.
IF this is the place......................

BINGO.
Man wearing yellow shirt, driving late model F150, silver or lt. blue, gear shift on the STEERING COLUMN.
Tipster/aux officer [kind of - but actively employed in LE] also found where someone tried to dig a hole with his/her hands, but they hit roots.
Nearest access from hwy is a trail, not a road.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18759634/detail.html

(snip)
Dozens of law enforcement personnel on Friday searched deep in woods south of the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared 11 days ago.

Neither that search, a result of a lead, nor a search conducted of the area where a sex offender visited after his curfew turned up anything useful, Putnam County Sheriff's Office Capt. Dick Schauland said Friday afternoon.
When he said that...he also mentioned they were still ongoing searches. So there is no clarification of the end result yet.

BINGO.
Man wearing yellow shirt, driving late model F150, silver or lt. blue, gear shift on the STEERING COLUMN.
Tipster/aux officer [kind of - but actively employed in LE] also found where someone tried to dig a hole with his/her hands, but they hit roots.
Nearest access from hwy is a trail, not a road.
Hmmmm...interesting. (I didn't know they made late model trucks with gear shifts on the steering column!) I wonder why anyone would dig with their hands for any reason?

Probably not related, but I wonder what color the trucks were that LE found after searching the tip at the RR tracks. They said the tip was a dead end, but someone said they saw two men with a little girl walking the tracks. LE found two trucks, but said they checked out.

Mods feel free to merge this if need Be

I was talking with my husband, he said those trains go through there , they spray weed killer, dogs cannot pick up a scent through weed killer IF it had been sprayed recently..he said at work one time they had a bomb scare, and they could not use the dogs due to the gases that they had had work , said it would mask the scent

I thought her scent was lost at the pond???

In any case, that interesting info! Thanks!!

Hmmmm...interesting. (I didn't know they made late model trucks with gear shifts on the steering column!) I wonder why anyone would dig with their hands for any reason?

Probably not related, but I wonder what color the trucks were that LE found after searching the tip at the RR tracks. They said the tip was a dead end, but someone said they saw two men with a little girl walking the tracks. LE found two trucks, but said they checked out.

I may have misused that phrase. "Older model" is what I meant. [Never have understood "late model", sorry. Does that mean the latest model or an old model?]

I may have misused that phrase. "Older model" is what I meant. [Never have understood "late model", sorry. Does that mean the latest model or an old model?]

Kind of strange terminology, sort of like saying, "jumbo shrimp." A late model is a more current (newer) model.

Sure they do! Some people prefer bench seats in their truck, so that would require gear shifts on the steering column, I would think. I'll ask my hubby, to be sure, but I think I'm right.

Sure they do! Some people prefer bench seats in their truck, so that would require gear shifts on the steering column, I would think. I'll ask my hubby, to be sure, but I think I'm right.

I have been in a lot of pick up trucks and they no longer put the shift on the column. They still put it on the floor which does not interfere with the bench seat. The shifter is mounted up under the dash on the floor then bends toward where you hand is.

Yes. Late model means "as of late" or newer model. (Usually describing brand new or in the past 3 or 4 years.)

I have been in a lot of pick up trucks and they no longer put the shift on the column. They still put it on the floor which does not interfere with the bench seat. The shifter is mounted up under the dash on the floor then bends toward where you hand is.

I meant to add that you can still order the shift on the column though.

They used to refer to 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear shifting pattern with the handle connected to the steering column as 'three on the tree'. Worked the same way as a shifter on the floor. It was odd. It made for a huge shift pattern while changing gears. I know that some trucks made in the mid 70's had this yet but any truck I have driven from the 80's on up have been automatic transmissions so even though the shifter was still on the column it was just an up and down from drive to reverse etc. Don’t know when they started putting the manual shifters on the floor in trucks as a ‘standard’ thing. As far as I know any manual transmission trucks that you get now have the shifter on the floor.

Thank you for clearing that up for me and anyone who might come behind me, reading that post. It was an older truck, not a "late model".

My tipster doesn't do the internet on the weekends, btw, so doubt I'll get anything you can't find elsewhere on the web.

Well,her shoes were in the house,so wouldn't they be carrying her?

Maybe LE has already done this but: Can't LE take the person who called in the tip about the white man in TN who had a little girl who looked like Haleigh and let the tipster see the cousin in TN and verify if he is the same man they saw at Carabas Restaurant? I hope LE did this. This tipster should be able to say if it is him or not...don't you think?

Thank you for clearing that up for me and anyone who might come behind me, reading that post. It was an older truck, not a "late model".

My tipster doesn't do the internet on the weekends, btw, so doubt I'll get anything you can't find elsewhere on the web.

I have been checking through threads trying to figure out what vehicle was abandoned in the woods? Its conflicting if it was the Rav4 or a mixed up report, but maybe LF can you clear it up for me? An older truck? A newer truck? I don't get it. Also on some other posts I saw that there were drugs in the abandoned vehicle.. and now with these recent drug busts, I was wondering did you ever find out what kind of drugs were in this said vehicle? Thank you and sorry if you answered these questions somewhere already.

Maybe LE has already done this but: Can't LE take the person who called in the tip about the white man in TN who had a little girl who looked like Haleigh and let the tipster see the cousin in TN and verify if he is the same man they saw at Carabas Restaurant? I hope LE did this. This tipster should be able to say if it is him or not...don't you think?

BBM I would assume that LE did show this person a picture of Joe and other as protocol. I could be wrong though. LE did say Joe was not a suspect though.

Video Report Investigators Discount Haleigh Sighting; http://www.news4jax.com/video/18759897/index.html
Family members told Channel 4 that a relative named Joe visited the Cummings' home and left hours before Haleigh disappeared. (This is not true, he was still there when Haleigh was reported missing!)Friday morning, Croslin told Matt Lauer on the "Today Show" that she doesn't trust that cousin and doesn't know if he's involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

"He's a criminal, pretty much," Croslin said. "He's been in trouble his whole life."

Investigators pressed for information Friday confirmed that Misty's cousin had been interviewed, but wouldn't say if they had officers in Tennessee.

"We're continuing to follow up any leads that are generated anywhere," Florida Department of Law Enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said. "All the relatives have been interviewed, and Joe is a relative."

In Tennessee last Sunday, a woman called 911 saying she saw a little girl who looked like Haleigh getting into a red Toyota Rav4 in the parking lot of a Carabba's restaurant.

The woman said it appeared that the man was attempting to shield the girl's face.

"I don't believe that she would go into a restaurant and not cry for somebody," said Teresa Neves. "I can only pray it was her because that means she's alive and eating well."

Knoxville police and the Florida Highway Patrol searched the area, but they could not find the vehicle.

Misty Croslin's Tennessee Relative Not a Suspect in Haleigh's Disappearance

Updated: 2/21/2009 5:03:16 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- The relative of Misty Croslin who investigators had been questioning in Tennessee is not a suspect in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.]Captain Dick Schauland didn't have much new information to release in Saturday afternoon's press conference, but when asked point-blank about whether the man known as 'Joe' in Tennessee was a suspect or person of interest, Schauland said he wasn't.
Misty had previously said that man was someone she didn't trust and that he had visited shortly before Haleigh disappeared.

It's been 12 days since five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared.

Article: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1872&catid=295

I have been checking through threads trying to figure out what vehicle was abandoned in the woods? Its conflicting if it was the Rav4 or a mixed up report, but maybe LF can you clear it up for me? An older truck? A newer truck? I don't get it. Also on some other posts I saw that there were drugs in the abandoned vehicle.. and now with these recent drug busts, I was wondering did you ever find out what kind of drugs were in this said vehicle? Thank you and sorry if you answered these questions somewhere already.

The truck I was talking about was one that a reserve LE officer saw near a pond on highway 17 after Haleigh was reported missing. It was just something he noticed while out looking for Haleigh, iirc.

re: the abandoned vehicle full of drugs that LE supposedly found the night of the 911 call --- That info didn't come from me, though I may have naively repeated it.

I have no idea how credible the original source of that info is [or was.]

So much disinformation has been strewn about in this case on the 'net, imo. I was a forum "virgin" when I joined W/S last February and I assumed everybody was working towards the same goal. lol - Talk about naive.... my eyes have certainly been opened since then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back