Othram - General Discussion - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read most of Chicago's UIDs don't have samples available for DNA. Is there any chance you would be able to work on this John Doe, or is no DNA available? Thank you so much for all you've done btw, its just amazing. I know its a very obscure case but it facsinates me.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
Apologies for not sharing the Websleuths thread for the new case we are funding. Its here:

If you want to help, here is how to contribute: Who is Fayette County John Doe (2022)?

In the meantime, if you are in the States, Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy family. And if you are able, help us repair other families harmed by the loss of a loved one.

Happy Holidays, everyone! We have 6 weeks left in the year and 6 case we want to fund. Get involved in 3 ways:

1. Help fund one of the 6 cases: Pending Cases
2. Shop at our swag store (net proceeds go to DNASolves cases): Othram Store
3. Subscribe to DNASolves and help all cases, monthly: Help Families Get the Answers They Deserve

Spread the word and let you friends and colleagues know -- and stay tuned because December is going to be a busy month for announcements!

New case today solved:

Thank you once again, Othram. Your leading-edge DNA "distillation" techniques have given answers to these 39-year-old unsolved murders. I believe this will be the beginning of more answers for more families in Ontario. Old DNA samples never improve, but technology does. Carry on.

Thank you once again, Othram. Your leading-edge DNA "distillation" techniques have given answers to these 39-year-old unsolved murders. I believe this will be the beginning of more answers for more families in Ontario. Old DNA samples never improve, but technology does. Carry on.
As they noted in the press conference, there are ~30 more cases in progress.

Great piece on @othram :

Forensic company who helped police crack 1983 murders reveals how they did it

Othram’s Chief Development Officer, Kristen Mittleman, told CTV News Toronto that Toronto police handed their team a piece of evidence after the force exhausted standard forensic testing and found no matches.

“Our DNA testing is something that no one else on earth can do right now the way that we do it here at Othram. We are the first lab that's purpose-built to take this type of evidence and use it for this really advanced forensic genome sequencing process,” Mittleman said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018