Othram - General Discussion - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's all vital work. I've been watching this thread, and that of Amore Joveah Wiggins, fearing that they'd go for decades without names, like St Louis Jane Doe and both Christmas Does, all little black girls who never got a chance to grow up and who have waited so long for justice. Seeing Amore and Neveah get their names back gives me hope for those other three who have been waiting since the '80s for someone to say their names again.
We want to get all these kids identified. Its horrifying.

We want to get all these kids identified. Its horrifying.
I'd add The Girl in the Box to that group, an even older case of a little black girl Doe, after the success with Joseph Zarelli, but I don't think they could find her remains when they tried to exhume her, so sadly, unless that changes, it may never be possible. :(

One more before the weekend: Pleased to share that Othram, as part of an ongoing partnership with the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, has assisted in the identification of Sarah Tatham Abbott. This case was a DNASolves crowdfund, funded by ALL OF YOU. We are so grateful!!

Can someone assist on the Websleuths thread?

One more before the weekend: Pleased to share that Othram, as part of an ongoing partnership with the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, has assisted in the identification of Sarah Tatham Abbott. This case was a DNASolves crowdfund, funded by ALL OF YOU. We are so grateful!!

Can someone assist on the Websleuths thread?

Here's her Doe thread.

EDIT: No MisPer thread for Sarah that I could see at a cursory glance.

I'd add The Girl in the Box to that group, an even older case of a little black girl Doe, after the success with Joseph Zarelli, but I don't think they could find her remains when they tried to exhume her, so sadly, unless that changes, it may never be possible. :(

I donno. @othram seems to do miracles. Never give up.

Excited that Othram was again able to assist the Will County Coroner's Office, this time to identify 2013 homicide victim Marcus Wright, who was only 24 when he was murdered. An investigation into his death continues.

Excited that Othram was again able to assist the Will County Coroner's Office, this time to identify 2013 homicide victim Marcus Wright, who was only 24 when he was murdered. An investigation into his death continues.

@othram I know your Australian AFP collab was announced roughly 9 months ago... has it actually kicked off and will you be permitted to announce IDs? I know here in Canberra we do things a bit differently.
There are some cases in progress and some that should be announced soon!

Honored to share that Othram was able to assist the Stillwater County Sheriff's Office in identifying Michael Moler. Moler was an Army veteran and his remains were found in 2019 but he was not identified until now.

I'm surprised there hasn't been as much press coverage in Connecticut given the number of cases Othram is doing in partnership with the office of chief medical examiner:

DNASolves® Connecticut Map

just expected to see more articles, more news... it would definitely help raise funds for the remaining cases
We are trying to get the word out! Appreciate you noticing the project!

Pleased to share that Othram was able to assist the Mohave County Sheriff's Office in identifying 30-year-old Jordan Victor Carvalho. Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this one:

Pleased to share that Othram was able to assist the Mohave County Sheriff's Office in identifying 30-year-old Jordan Victor Carvalho. Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this one:

Thank you!

I don't think there is a thread for Jordan as a Doe. A few months ago we talked about Golden Valley because of the ID of Brian Crain.

Jordan and Brian were both mentioned as potential IDs for this Golden Valley 2021 Doe. Obviously neither of them turned out to be. I do wonder if that means this remaining Doe is the third proposed ID. Not many missing/potential Does in Golden Valley, and all three were men.

Here is the third Doe's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member