Othram - General Discussion - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased to share that Othram assisted the Newton County Coroner's Office in identifying 17-year-old Keith Lavell Bibbs, who was the victim of a serial killer in 1983. Othram's role in this case was to build the DNA profile. Two prior labs attempted to build a DNA profile (without success) before the case came to Othram. Not all labs are the same so don't give up on a case just because it has previously failed testing!

Pleased to share that Othram assisted the Newton County Coroner's Office in identifying 17-year-old Keith Lavell Bibbs, who was the victim of a serial killer in 1983. Othram's role in this case was to build the DNA profile. Two prior labs attempted to build a DNA profile (without success) before the case came to Othram. Not all labs are the same so don't give up on a case just because it has previously failed testing!

I can't say how happy I am that Keith is identified - he's been on my 'ID wishlist' for some years now. Both Adam Doe and Brad Doe were. Brad Doe got his name back a couple of years ago. Like one of the other Eyler victims, his name was John. It's such a joy to see Adam get the same resolution, to get his name back, for his family to get answers. Great work.

MOO

I really hope you can collaborate with the DNA Doe Project more, I know they have some stubborn cases that they haven’t been able to build a profile yet, especially Mr. X and Caledonia County Jane Doe

Honored that Othram could assist the Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office in identifying a possible victim of Henry Lee Lucas as 23-year-old Kathy Ann Smith. This case was complex because of the challenging and degraded remains, and also because Kathy was adopted and so we had to identify her birth parent and then her adopted family. This case was, in part, funded by DNASolves. We are so grateful to ALL OF YOU for helping us fund the case.

Honored that Othram could assist the Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office in identifying a possible victim of Henry Lee Lucas as 23-year-old Kathy Ann Smith. This case was complex because of the challenging and degraded remains, and also because Kathy was adopted and so we had to identify her birth parent and then her adopted family. This case was, in part, funded by DNASolves. We are so grateful to ALL OF YOU for helping us fund the case.

I cannot get that link to open.

Congratulations. Tracing someone who was adopted must have been a real challenge. People often kept adoptions a secret years ago.

Who is ready for a new case announcement?
I was certain you were involved in the Hernando County FL announcement this morning about Jennifer Odom since you are also working on the Mansfield victims.
I’ve prayed for you to jump in and solve the mystery for years. Little did I know, they have known who the suspect was for 8 years, they just had to build a case.
Which made me wonder, how many cases do you assist in that never make it to light because there is not enough supporting evidence?
Just my curious mind. I understand if you can’t discuss.
Thank you for all you do!!

I was certain you were involved in the Hernando County FL announcement this morning about Jennifer Odom since you are also working on the Mansfield victims.
I’ve prayed for you to jump in and solve the mystery for years. Little did I know, they have known who the suspect was for 8 years, they just had to build a case.
Which made me wonder, how many cases do you assist in that never make it to light because there is not enough supporting evidence?
Just my curious mind. I understand if you can’t discuss.
Thank you for all you do!!
We work a lot of cases that do not get announced right away or at all. We only announce updates if permitted by law enforcement. We do try to share as much as we can about the process.

@othram

I’d like to suggest another Indiana case that could really use help! ❤️

@othram

I’d like to suggest another Indiana case that could really use help! ❤️

We will reach out. We are actually working on a dozen Indiana UHRs at the moment. There is a great collaborative effort there to clear unsolved cases and thanks to Audiochuck, we have the funding to make a big difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff