Othram - General Discussion - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New case solve announced!!

Just wondering if Othram receives the award money that some of these cases offer when solved. I've noticed their fund requests have gone up significantly (as has everything we pay for currently) & hope the reward money is rec'd and able to help pay for further testing and cases solved. IMO this is the most beneficial way for that reward money to be used and is well-deserved by Othram.

Just wondering if Othram receives the award money that some of these cases offer when solved. I've noticed their fund requests have gone up significantly (as has everything we pay for currently) & hope the reward money is rec'd and able to help pay for further testing and cases solved. IMO this is the most beneficial way for that reward money to be used and is well-deserved by Othram.
Othram is not eligible for award money but we are grateful for all the support that we get!

New case we are crowdfunding:

New case we are crowdfunding:

Do you know why this Jane Doe is being called Clallam County Jane Doe when she was found in Pierce County (which is not even near Clallam County)? Why is the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office involved? Just curious! Thanks!

Third announcement this week!

We are pleased to share that we were able to help the Fairfax County Police Department identify Sharon Kay Abbott Lane, last seen in 1987. This case was funded by DNASolves Advocates and all of you! So grateful for the support!

Apologies that our team has been less active on Websleuths in the last few weeks. We have been working behind the scenes to get ready for an amazing 2023 for cold case investigations. Here is a preview of one of projects we have in the works:

Apologies that our team has been less active on Websleuths in the last few weeks. We have been working behind the scenes to get ready for an amazing 2023 for cold case investigations. Here is a preview of one of projects we have in the works:

So cool!
''TORONTO, ONTARIO - A new collaboration between Humber College and Othram Inc. will measure social and criminal justice impact and develop tools to support law enforcement and the development of programs to educate future forensic professionals.

Othram Inc., the leading forensic sequencing laboratory for law enforcement, located in The Woodlands, Texas, is the world’s first private DNA laboratory built specifically to apply the power of modern parallel sequencing to forensic evidence. The company develops best-in-class forensic DNA technology, which has helped law enforcement solve cases locally and nationally throughout the United States and Canada, many of which had been unsolved for decades.

Humber is the only college in Ontario to offer a Forensic Identification program providing students with leading-edge forensic knowledge and skills for public and private policing and laboratories. The college also has strong connections to law enforcement across the country.''

@othram I'm curious, your site says you've never worked in a case in New Jersey but they have hundreds of UIDs. Would you ever take a look at a NJ case, or is there barriers about working with them?

Long Beach John Doe is now identified!!

Othram is the hope for these types of cases! Rest in peace Kenneth.

It's sad to think of a missing 15-year-old who was never reported as missing. My parents would have turned the state upside down looking for me if I had disappeared at that age.

We are grateful to share that the Othram team was able to help Mesa County Coroner's Office identify a 2019 John Doe as 48-year old Larry Dean Watts, who went missing in 1997.

We are grateful to share that the Othram team was able to help Mesa County Coroner's Office identify a 2019 John Doe as 48-year old Larry Dean Watts, who went missing in 1997.

So amazing to see! I love when you identify an obscure case like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018