Othram - General Discussion - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

More than 30 years after disappearance, KY police say they’ve identified homicide victim​

Link: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article270204412.html#storylink=hpdigest_local

"....
More than 30 years after a woman went missing in Ohio, Kentucky State Police say they’ve identified her body using DNA lab technology.

The woman is Linda Bennett, state police said in an announcement made Monday. She was reported missing to authorities in Columbus, Ohio in June 1988.

One month prior to when she was reported missing, a couple in Owen County was walking alongside a road when they spotted her unresponsive. State police said detectives ruled her death a homicide but they weren’t able to identify her at the time...
"

Skipping some...

"...State police said they partnered with Othram Inc. to make the identification. Othram provided recovery, enrichment and analysis of human DNA that was able to match Bennett, according to state police."

Trying to squeeze in a few more solve announcements before the end of the year!

Hi folks!

We are launching three crowdfunds for three cases we are working with the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Take a look, spread the word, and help us fund these cases: DNASolves® Connecticut Map.

Happy Holidays!
I am very happy to know that Othram is going to work on the Lorraine Stahl case, I have known about the case for a while and I have always wanted "Lorraine Stahl" to get her name back.

I am very happy to know that Othram is going to work on the Lorraine Stahl case, I have known about the case for a while and I have always wanted "Lorraine Stahl" to get her name back.

Thanks. We are excited to assist. These first 3 cases are just the beginning.

Not sure there is a Websleuths thread, but we are happy to share that through our continued partnership with the Mississippi Office of the State Medical Examiner, we helped identify Michael Len West, born on Mar 1, 1959 in Wichita, Texas.

Not sure there is a Websleuths thread, but we are happy to share that through our continued partnership with the Mississippi Office of the State Medical Examiner, we helped identify Michael Len West, born on Mar 1, 1959 in Wichita, Texas.

Congratulations ‼️ Your team is awesome ‼️

Absolutely amazing! Do you have any idea when Michael was last seen or how old he was when he died?

Last edited:
Another interesting albeit sad case I found while adding cases to the UID wiki. An infant's remains were found in a package in McAllen, Texas that had been shipped from Phoenix, Arizona.

New case solve announcement (and our first for 2023): We were able to help the Yakima County Coroner's Office identify 29-year-old Daisy Mae Tallman, reported missing in 1987. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance and death are still being investigated. Not sure there is a Websleuths thread but this is NamUs missing person MP52320.

New case solve announcement (and our first for 2023): We were able to help the Yakima County Coroner's Office identify 29-year-old Daisy Mae Tallman, reported missing in 1987. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance and death are still being investigated. Not sure there is a Websleuths thread but this is NamUs missing person MP52320.

Is this her? I don't know the case...

WA - WA - Yakima County, MultFem, 18-99, UP93571, found in a remote area, Dec '08

EDIT: Wow, if it is, @victoriarobinson642 nailed her as a potential ID from the start.

Very well could be!
I know it's December, rather than November, but it's early December, the year is right, location, skeletal (partial, just the skull). I know where Daisy was found was remote, so it'd be strange (but not impossible!) for two people to be found there so close together in time. I can see the date thing being a clerical error when the case was put in Namus. I could be wrong! But I searched websleuths for Yakima County, and it seemed the only possible fit that came up.

I know it's December, rather than November, but it's early December, the year is right, location, skeletal (partial, just the skull). I know where Daisy was found was remote, so it'd be strange (but not impossible!) for two people to be found there so close together in time. I can see the date thing being a clerical error when the case was put in Namus. I could be wrong! But I searched websleuths for Yakima County, and it seemed the only possible fit that came up.
Excellent work. We need better systems to match records and vet potential relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova