Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New case:

New case solve: Othram was able to assist the Orange County Sheriff's Office in IDing a potential victim of serial killer Randy Kraft, as 17-year-old Michael Ray Schlicht. He was murdered a half-century ago & just got his name back.

He was younger than they thought, a minor.

Sleep well, Michael.

New case solve!

Honored that Othram could again assist the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, this time in identifying 1987 homicide victim Betty Lou Wisley. This identification was made through TBI's Unidentified Human Remains DNA Initiative.

New case solve: Othram was able to assist the Orange County Sheriff's Office in IDing a potential victim of serial killer Randy Kraft, as 17-year-old Michael Ray Schlicht. He was murdered a half-century ago & just got his name back.

Two in one day!

Honored that Othram could assist the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 1997 homicide victim as 41-year-old Lorena Gayle Mosley. An investigation into her death continues.

Two in one day!

Honored that Othram could assist the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 1997 homicide victim as 41-year-old Lorena Gayle Mosley. An investigation into her death continues.

New case solve!

Honored that Othram could again assist the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, this time in identifying 1987 homicide victim Betty Lou Wisley. This identification was made through TBI's Unidentified Human Remains DNA Initiative.

Two in one day!

Amazing that we have two ID's in one day! Well done!

Rest in peace Betty and Lorena.

Two in one day!

New case solve!

I'm still keeping my eye on this one. Maybe 2024 will be the year of answers for her, if not 2023. I'm just glad you're working on it ;)

Honored Othram could assist Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1994 homicide victim as 21-year-old Harold “James” Crawford of Wichita, Kansas. Grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding this case!

Is there any chance for genetic genealogy for Castleberry Kate? 1329UFAZ.

According to Doe network her DNA is insufficient for DNA profiling. But going by her Websleuths thread, it seems the last time DNA testing was attempted was 2016 and DNA extraction techniques have improved significantly since then. I have thought about her case multiple times a week for over a year now. I would love for her to not only get identified but also for her killers to be caught whilst there is still a good chance they would be alive.

Is there any chance for genetic genealogy for Castleberry Kate? 1329UFAZ.

According to Doe network her DNA is insufficient for DNA profiling. But going by her Websleuths thread, it seems the last time DNA testing was attempted was 2016 and DNA extraction techniques have improved significantly since then. I have thought about her case multiple times a week for over a year now. I would love for her to not only get identified but also for her killers to be caught whilst there is still a good chance they would be alive.
If there is DNA, there is always a chance! Anyone can submit case suggestions to solve@othram.com and we do the best we can to reach out to as many cases as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova