Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very mysterious and intriguing case from Othram:

Who is Clallam County Jane Doe (2021)?

Literally only the woman's foot was found and already, I wonder what happened to her to end up like this.
That's not unusual. Unfortunately, many times the person died in Asia and the foot floated to the US. (ETA: I always thought they had died in Asia, but it looks like they die locally. I guess it was a thing after the tsunami)
The feet are found on the Oregon and Washington coasts.

Last edited:
That's not unusual. Unfortunately, many times the person died in Asia and the foot floated to the US. (ETA: I always thought they had died in Asia, but it looks like they die locally. I guess it was a thing after the tsunami)

Literally only the woman's foot was found and already, I wonder what happened to her to end up like this.
We will find out out soon. The case is in progress!

I remember when shoe's with feet still in them was washing up on beaches near Canada?
M00

Is it right Clallam County Jane Doe doesn't have a NamUs entry?
Interestingly a males foot and shoe washed up a month before her.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs
We are amazed and grateful for the interest everyone has taken in the case. It’s almost funded!

Are there updates to the unidentified woman found in Bear Delaware? Could she be related to the woman who was found more than a year later in Baltimore, Maryland in July, 1968? The Delaware case happened on March 18, 1967?

From the article, I wanted to point out the cross-border cooperation in these cases:

"Investigators have sent DNA samples from the feet to officials in Washington State, in the event the person went into the water around the Port Angeles area and then drifted to the west coast of Vancouver Island."

This chart shows that in most of these cases, the feet wash ashore and are found within four years of the person going missing.

The feet and shoes in the only unsolved Canadian case were also New Balance, size 12 men's, found in 2016.

Is there a photo of the shoe? If so, please post a link. I've looked, but can't find one.

FWIW, here are some images of Carmel Gilmour, who went missing from the east coast of Vancouver Island in 2017, four years before the foot was found near Port Angeles. I can't tell what brand her shoes were. FYI, there is a car and passenger ferry between Victoria and Port Angeles. Carmel's car was found in B.C.

Not expecting anything, but thought it was worth a post.

Canada has a national DNA registry for families of missing persons. It is up to the families to decide if they want to take part, so it is by no means complete. I wonder if Clallam County has contacted the RCMP.

Carmel Gilmour was reported to have been seen in Victoria, B.C. in 2019. The lead went nowhere. The shoes in the last images of her look like a hiking/trail shoe, make unknown.

Canada has a national DNA registry for families of missing persons. It is up to the families to decide if they want to take part, so it is by no means complete. I wonder if Clallam County has contacted the RCMP.

Carmel Gilmour was reported to have been seen in Victoria, B.C. in 2019. The lead went nowhere. The shoes in the last images of her look like a hiking/trail shoe, make unknown.
Great resource! Thanks for sharing!

In cases where a shoe is such a critical piece of evidence, why are there no photos of the shoe? It doesn't need to be a graphic photo, just an image of the same shoe as it appeared brand new from the manufacturer. This is done when someone goes missing in a vehicle, if no images are available of the actual vehicle. "Similar to the one shown" would work. "Size eight women's" unfortunately is not enough. That is a very common shoe size for women. "New Balance": the company still exists, so images can surely be found of the shoe in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova