Othram - General Discussion - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A late night solve announcement: Honored to assist Mohave County Sheriff's Office on a second case, this one involving the identification of homicide victim, 50-year-old Brandon Ray Parlanti of Kingman, Arizona.

DNASOLVES: Mohave County John Doe (2022) is now Identified

Is it okay to post this new identification?
July 14 2023
''Investigators turned to investigative genetic genealogy for assistance.
In the fall of 2022, the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service provided a biological sample to Othram Inc., where a DNA profile was developed. That DNA profile was then compared to public databases.''

Is it okay to post this new identification?
July 14 2023
''Investigators turned to investigative genetic genealogy for assistance.
In the fall of 2022, the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service provided a biological sample to Othram Inc., where a DNA profile was developed. That DNA profile was then compared to public databases.''

Yes, we were just running behind.

Honored that Othram was able to assist the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in identifying a man who drowned in 2019. We now know he is 36-year-old Jeremiah Garretson of Nashville, Berrien County, Georgia. These cases can be resolved in realtime, its no longer necessary to wait years for answers!!

Honored that Othram was able to assist the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in identifying a man who drowned in 2019. We now know he is 36-year-old Jeremiah Garretson of Nashville, Berrien County, Georgia. These cases can be resolved in realtime, its no longer necessary to wait years for answers!!

No Doe or Misper threads for Jeremiah.

Another great solve for Othram! (And another great recon by Kelly! LOVE her work, they always look like you could hang them on your wall. They're beautiful artworks AND great resemblances to the Does they depict, hers and her mother's - recon work is the family calling.)

Grateful that Othram could assist the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department in resolving an unfortunate mystery surrounding the discovery of a male infant, less than a year old, who likely died several decades ago. The work would not be possible without the support of Audiochuck for which we are truly grateful!

Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this 2019 case.

Grateful that Othram could assist the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department in resolving an unfortunate mystery surrounding the discovery of a male infant, less than a year old, who likely died several decades ago. The work would not be possible without the support of Audiochuck for which we are truly grateful!

Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this 2019 case.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how astounding it is that @othram seems to be averaging about 4-5 id announcements per week in the last few weeks.
Some cases have languished for years. Amazing

I know that behind the scenes these announcements are the results of months, maybe years, of work. still incredible to see forensic genealogy scaling up like this

Just wanted to say how astounding it is that @othram seems to be averaging about 4-5 id announcements per week in the last few weeks.

I know that behind the scenes these announcements are the results of months, maybe years, of work. still incredible to see forensic genealogy scaling up like this
I'm glad that some of these too are lesser known cases, like this recent solve was just Tomye's cranium recovered with no identifiable features. I think many people don't realize that and stick to cases with reconstructions

There has been lots of technology development behind the scenes to enable this scale and we are working to scale things even faster. To the have a real impact on society we need to enable all cases, not just some.

I'm glad that some of these too are lesser known cases, like this recent solve was just Tomye's cranium recovered with no identifiable features. I think many people don't realize that and stick to cases with reconstructions
The obscure cases with no forensic sketch or details are the best cases to highlight the power of this technology. These are cases that are truly unsolvable without modern DNA testing techniques.

PS - Stay tuned for another press conference and case announcement later this morning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honored that Othram could assist the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in identifying a murdered young woman, whose remains were discovered near a Tennessee highway in 1985. She is 24-year-old Michelle Lavone Inman of Nashville. A criminal investigation into her murder continues.

Websleuths thread?

Honored that Othram could assist the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in identifying a murdered young woman, whose remains were discovered near a Tennessee highway in 1985. She is 24-year-old Michelle Lavone Inman of Nashville. A criminal investigation into her murder continues.

Websleuths thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member