Othram - General Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Companies like Parabon NanoLabs and Othram, which construct DNA profiles from crime scene evidence and offer genetic genealogy services to law enforcement, see their role in much the same way. Othram is working on several Baby Doe cases, as is Parabon Nanolabs, which is assisting Barringer and the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Department in their investigations.

“The burden is really on law enforcement and prosecutors to figure out how to contextualize what happened,” says David Mittelman, PhD, CEO of Othram. He says the company turns down cases if the evidence is bad or there is little success in solving the case, but he doesn’t pick and choose cases based on the details of the murder or sexual assault. “It’s not for me to decide which crime is more or less important,” he says. bbm
DNA Is Now Solving Decades-Old Newborn Killings

We see a humble man’s words. ❤️

As always, I’m thrilled there is progress being made!!!

Selfishly, I gotta say I am over the moon that the thread title for Chryssie Crystal Creek has finally been corrected from Christy! Minor detail that has been bothering me for awhile.

That’s not what is important though. She’s on the road to getting her true name back! THAT is what’s exciting!

As always, I’m thrilled there is progress being made!!!

Selfishly, I gotta say I am over the moon that the thread title for Chryssie Crystal Creek has finally been corrected from Christy! Minor detail that has been bothering me for awhile.

That’s not what is important though. She’s on the road to getting her true name back! THAT is what’s exciting!

New facial reconstruction in the works!

hi @othram,

first of all, i want to say thank you so much for all of the amazing work that you do!

also, i would like to suggest AL - AL - Bibb Co., WhtMale UP13483, 14-17, MVA, hitchhiking, Mar'61 - in two months it will have been sixty years since bibb county john doe was found. i really think genetic genealogy is the only way that his identity will be given back to him

hi @othram,

first of all, i want to say thank you so much for all of the amazing work that you do!

also, i would like to suggest AL - AL - Bibb Co., WhtMale UP13483, 14-17, MVA, hitchhiking, Mar'61 - in two months it will have been sixty years since bibb county john doe was found. i really think genetic genealogy is the only way that his identity will be given back to him
I think Colleen Fitzpatrick and her company Identifinders are going to work on his case.

@JovanSrna you might like this link: DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime

It shows cases Othram is currently seeking funding to solve, ones they have solved and ones that have been fully funded (which may mean they are currently being worked on).

Not sure if this is an exhaustive list of all their cases, but there are a lot of good cases to read about to see some of the work Orthram has done!

@JovanSrna you might like this link: DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime

It shows cases Othram is currently seeking funding to solve, ones they have solved and ones that have been fully funded (which may mean they are currently being worked on).

Not sure if this is an exhaustive list of all their cases, but there are a lot of good cases to read about to see some of the work Orthram has done!
I'm familiar with this website.

Any new cases in the lab you're able to disclose publicly ?

The only time we get to announce a case in advance is if we crowdfund it and that is going to be a super small % of our cases, unfortunately. We do try to update and communicate as much as possible! cc: @JMapes

We can't always announce a case, even after it is solved. Sometimes law enforcement will never announce it or if they do, they do not provide details. We won't acknowledge or post a case without permission.

All this is probably more than you wanted to know. Sounds like you have been to dnasolves.com but did you know you can filter cases?

SOLVED: DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime
IN PROGRESS: DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime
NOT FUNDED YET: DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime

We have 2 or 3 new cases that will be posting on DNASOLVES soon, probably in the next week and we will post them here on Websleuths as we always do! We usually post it in this General Discussion thread.

Snohomish County has been very eager to solve their Doe cases with genetic genealogy.
Only 9 cases remaining on NamUs.
Soon enough, they'll clear their backlog, God willing!

Agree! Detective Jim Scharf & Investigator Jane Jorgensen are particularly amazing over there and we love working with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles