P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to believe anymore with all this Cobra, AH, news...RC only marrying MC to find out what happened to Haleigh ???????

Yeah, Donjeta, it makes no sense for RC to say that he married Misty to keep his enemies close AND because he still loves her. But how would it make sense for Cobra to share this info with the media? Well, I think Cobra has managed to do what LE cannot do and what Misty's family has perhaps not seen fit to do, for whatever reason. Namely, he's sent Misty a message - Ron is NOT your friend. He's trying to set you up. Cooperate with LE and get yourself out of this mess now! I believe that when/if ever Misty tells what happened between the time she woke up and found Haleigh missing and LE arrived at the home, then we'll be looking at RC as a very likely POI. Just my opinion.

I've been thinking about underground/illegal leads that Cobra or other PIs could follow. Cobra had himself mentioned baby selling, so I search the internet for information on that. It seems that baby selling is an outside of the law form of adoption. Haleigh is probably one the most adorable little girls I have ever seen, but since she has a disability and is old enough to miss her old family, I doubt she would be a candidate for that. The is the horrifying possibility that she was sold to a ring of pedophiles like the kind they show on Law & Order Special Victims Unit-- don't know if that stuff happens in the real word though. Lets hope it does not.

I did some research on human trafficing and found that children usually come from eastern parts of the world and are sent to live in the west. Which doesn't fit in Haleigh's case. I couldn't find anything about criminal organizations in Florida participating in this kind of criminal activity, however I did learn that while drug trafficing is the leader in global crime, human trafficing comes in second. I kinda thought that Cobra didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned this. Sadly he did.

So then I research drug activity in Florida through the DEA. I got the following off of this site http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets/florida.html
"Drug Situation: The State of Florida is a primary area for international drug trafficking and money laundering organizations, as well as a principal thoroughfare for cocaine and heroin transiting to the northeastern United States and Canada. Florida’s over 8,000 miles of coastline provides virtually unlimited access and opportunities for drug trafficking organizations to use maritime conveyances to smuggle drugs. The short distance between Florida and the Bahamas also serves as a smuggling corridor along the southeast coastline. Additionally, Florida’s numerous international airports and maritime ports provide traffickers with a means to smuggle drugs through the use of couriers and cargo facilities. South Florida, with its unique mix of nationalities and ties to Central and South America, is a primary domestic command and control center for Colombian narcotics traffickers and money laundering organizations. Recently, Mexican organizations have also made tremendous inroads, and are responsible for the smuggling and distribution of cocaine, methamphetamine (i.e. crystal methamphetamine) and marijuana throughout large portions of the state – from the Panhandle to as far south as Palm Beach County. Smuggling into Florida occurs via various types of maritime conveyances and cargo freighters, as well as via commercial aircraft. Additionally, the shift to ground transportation (e.g. passenger vehicle, bus and rail) as a means of transporting narcotics throughout the state continues to increase."
The site also indicates that the DEA ranks Florida second when ranking the drug activity of the various states. The site has more information like explanations on the various drugs used.

If any of this is related to Haleigh's disappearance due to members of the family's drug use, LE is looking at a very serious situation. I would guess that men like Cobra would be able to contact these organizations and get Haleigh. Maybe LE's hush hush is to keep these organizations from thinking they are a focus of investigation, freeking out and killing Haleigh. So it is possible that Cobra's taped conversation with Ron was done to again give those organizations a false sense of security.

Cobra seems to think that he has the pulse of this kind of activities and organizations-- maybe he does. I hope so if any of this is involved.

So then, daisy.faithfull, you think that the conversation between Cobra and RC was staged, or simply made up by Cobra with RC's approval, in order to assuage the fears of the real perp? Could be... If so, then RC must have warned Misty in advance that he was going to falsely incriminate her. That would explain why she was, as Cobra alleges, so angry at RC for meeting with Cobra - she didn't like the idea of being the fall guy, even albeit for a good reason. Or maybe her alleged anger was also made up by Cobra and she was actually totally on board with the plan. Now I'm thinking, seems almost for sure RC must have told her in advance. And she would believe he did not in fact suspect her. But her family - somehow I don't think they would buy that story. Not sure I can either, but it's certainly something to consider. Thanks for your insight.

Daisy, you have some good ideas.

RC, however, if anything, would have been a low level distributor. I don't believe he had connections to high profile dealers. IMO, however, H's disappearance could have been connected to something RC did to offend someone in the drug trade - a revenge kidnapping. With the types of people involved, anything is possible.

Ron has insurance on the kids so I don't think that would be a motive and how would he know the court was going to file contempt charges on Crystal? Do they tell people that in advance of them doing it?

I have had to deal with both Texas and Florida in my child support issues and I was the one who had to take the other parent back to court. I had to tell the child support office I wanted them to enforce the order and I was always told when court was. I was informed only once when they served him the rest of the times i was told heres the court date and i did not have to be there. It worked this way for both states. So my guess would be yes he knew of the court date. Also this was the same way for my sister in law who is still living in Florida (not far from this area) who is also fighting to have her ex pay his child support.

I would also like to add as far as Texas and going to jail, they do not always put them in jail on back support. my ex hubby has gotten out of jail everytime he went to court on 16,000 back support. the last time was 4 contempt charges for 180 days for each count and he got out of it(even with a history of not paying or going to jail for it).

Ok going back to reading again :D

Had to edit to add I am a little behind on everything just gettign caught up on this thread i should have quoted who i was replying to hehe sorry

Yeah, Donjeta, it makes no sense for RC to say that he married Misty to keep his enemies close AND because he still loves her. But how would it make sense for Cobra to share this info with the media? Well, I think Cobra has managed to do what LE cannot do and what Misty's family has perhaps not seen fit to do, for whatever reason. Namely, he's sent Misty a message - Ron is NOT your friend. He's trying to set you up. Cooperate with LE and get yourself out of this mess now! I believe that when/if ever Misty tells what happened between the time she woke up and found Haleigh missing and LE arrived at the home, then we'll be looking at RC as a very likely POI. Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more, Zephyr.

I do not believe anything unless it is by LE.Ronald and Misty could have played Cobra in that interview,because they know he's not real LE and has no jurisdiction or business implementing himself in the investigation for Haleigh being missing.Cobra is there for the custody and not looking for Haleigh.LE is looking for Haleigh.Misty was more than likely told not to talk to anyone else but LE and why she wouldn't talk to Cobra anymore than a reporter.They know Cobra is there to help have another child taken from them and at this time there is no real evidence,but only rumor,that Haleigh was taken by anyone but an abductor while she was sleeping.Ronald and Misty owe Cobra nothing and he is in the way of an investigation.

Hope I don't get in trouble for this...delete if it's inappropriate. I was looking for the tab for the mod to check my reply and could not find it.
I just wanted to share this video, Ron had Cobra attend one of the vigils and you can see and hear it for yourself since some don't believe that Cobra and Ron have met.
Exclusive: Cobra Inside Haleigh Prayer Vigil
Video at Link:
http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/25/exclusive-cobra-inside-haleigh-prayer-vigil/#more-1372

I do not believe anything unless it is by LE.Ronald and Misty could have played Cobra in that interview,because they know he's not real LE and has no jurisdiction or business implementing himself in the investigation for Haleigh being missing.Cobra is there for the custody and not looking for Haleigh.LE is looking for Haleigh.Misty was more than likely told not to talk to anyone else but LE and why she wouldn't talk to Cobra anymore than a reporter.They know Cobra is there to help have another child taken from them and at this time there is no real evidence,but only rumor,that Haleigh was taken by anyone but an abductor while she was sleeping.Ronald and Misty owe Cobra nothing and he is in the way of an investigation.

I think you are giving them too much credit.

Hope I don't get in trouble for this...delete if it's inappropriate. I was looking for the tab for the mod to check my reply and could not find it.
I just wanted to share this video, Ron had Cobra attend one of the vigils and you can see and hear it for yourself since some don't believe that Cobra and Ron have met.
Exclusive: Cobra Inside Haleigh Prayer Vigil
Video at Link: http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/25/exclusive-cobra-inside-haleigh-prayer-vigil/#more-1372

<snipped> from video
We’re still looking at inconsistencies,” a top law enforcement source told me, as the task force of federal, state and local police try to figure who’s telling the truth in their search for what they hope will be a little girl who’s still alive.

It's great to know that LE is not buying the original story at all.

I can think of several cases where a PI inserted himself into a case and thought he was going to be the one to solve it. I've never heard of one that has actually solved a case though. I really doubt that Cobra is going to solve this one if LE and the FBI can't. It seems to me that most PI's are full of hot air...they talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. They get a family's hopes up only to let them down.

The smartest thing LE could have done was to keep Tim Miller and Co there for a little longer and let them search. I think LE told them to leave because it just seems to me that Tim Miller would have stayed when Ron went to him and begged him not to leave. Was it Tim that said "she's not here." If it was does anyone know why he would say that? Who told him that Haleigh wasn't there and how would anyone know? That doesn't make sense. Does LE or the FBI know something that we don't?

I can think of several cases where a PI inserted himself into a case and thought he was going to be the one to solve it. I've never heard of one that has actually solved a case though. I really doubt that Cobra is going to solve this one if LE and the FBI can't. It seems to me that most PI's are full of hot air...they talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. They get a family's hopes up only to let them down.

The smartest thing LE could have done was to keep Tim Miller and Co there for a little longer and let them search. I think LE told them to leave because it just seems to me that Tim Miller would have stayed when Ron went to him and begged him not to leave. Was it Tim that said "she's not here." If it was does anyone know why he would say that? Who told him that Haleigh wasn't there and how would anyone know? That doesn't make sense. Does LE or the FBI know something that we don't?

I doubt it. Honestly, I think we all would like to think that they do, but I don't think so. I think they have no viable leads and I fear we will never know what where Haleigh is. We have all been asking ourselves the question of what the police know for weeks. There really doesn't seem to be much going on in this case except for the accusation being thrown around. But I guess it keeps Haleigh in the news.

So then, daisy.faithfull, you think that the conversation between Cobra and RC was staged, or simply made up by Cobra with RC's approval, in order to assuage the fears of the real perp? Could be...

I tend to think that Haleigh was abducted by an SO that is unregistered and unknown to law enforcement, the other theory I lean towards is that her abduction is somehow related to someone's subtance abuse/use. But I do look at all possibilities, play them out in my head and whatnot. I've just been playing through different possibilities of what Cobra is doing because he is the only investigator that is telling us anything since LE is being so tight lipped.

If so, then RC must have warned Misty in advance that he was going to falsely incriminate her. That would explain why she was, as Cobra alleges, so angry at RC for meeting with Cobra - she didn't like the idea of being the fall guy, even albeit for a good reason. Or maybe her alleged anger was also made up by Cobra and she was actually totally on board with the plan. Now I'm thinking, seems almost for sure RC must have told her in advance. And she would believe he did not in fact suspect her. But her family - somehow I don't think they would buy that story. Not sure I can either, but it's certainly something to consider. Thanks for your insight.

And I just do not get how the conversation with Ron that Cobra could not totally send Misty into a fit, if not a meltdown. I would think that she would be upset to be the fall guy, especially how she is portrayed by the media as the assumed POI. But if she thought anything I would would think that she would be out the door.

You are right about her family though-- I hadn't thought about that aspect. Hmmmmm... bringing them in the scam would be viewed by Cobra/LE as dangerous because it would be too many people that could ruin the plan... if they even believed there was a plan and the conversation was planted.

Daisy, you have some good ideas.

RC, however, if anything, would have been a low level distributor. I don't believe he had connections to high profile dealers. IMO, however, H's disappearance could have been connected to something RC did to offend someone in the drug trade - a revenge kidnapping. With the types of people involved, anything is possible.

I don't think that Ron C. is a big time dealer either-- what I found interesting about the material I posted was just how prevalent drugs are in Florida and how prevalent human trafficing is compared to my perception that it really isn't something that is common.

BUT, now that I think about it I'd like to see a breakdown of those human trafficing numbers because I'm wondering if transporting illegal immigrants across the border is considered human trafficing. I'm in Arizona and that is a huge issue here, and it does seem like the criminal organizations involved are involved drugs and gun smuggling. It was mentioned that the Department of Homeland Security is out there in Satsuma, our former Governor just left here to head that organization. She has been on local PBS shows, sometimes with Mexican officials, and she really has done a great deal to make it policy that information related to these kinds of crimes be shared between our LE agencies. If nothing else she is a familiar face and has already built a relationship/line of communication with the authorities down there. Maybe that helps in cases like these where we just need all the help we can get.

I do not believe anything unless it is by LE.Ronald and Misty could have played Cobra in that interview,because they know he's not real LE and has no jurisdiction or business implementing himself in the investigation for Haleigh being missing.

I can see how you feel about not wanting to trust anyone but LE... but Cobra is the only one who is giving us Sleuthers anything about what is going on with the investigation. And it is difficult to take a man that calls himself Cobra seriously, but I think that's just a silly man thing. PIs don't have to worry about warrents, chain of commands, ego, and the right to privacy of those they are investigating etc. The evidence discovered may not be allowed in court, however, like the polygraph, It can point the LE in a certain direction. I don't think that private investigators are the ones actually solving crime, they are the ones who give police information that leads to an arrest.

Cobra is there for the custody and not looking for Haleigh.
I just watched the Exclusive: Cobra Inside Haleigh Prayer Vigil
Video at Link: http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/25/...gil/#more-1372
In it he addresses this issue by saying that he is not working this as a child custody case. He says he wants to find Haleigh and prays with them. He would be taking dishonosty to a completely new level by lying at a prayer service.
I also think Cobra's presence there is to look at the people attending, there are cases where SO insert themselves into the story by attending these kinds of things. I would hope that Cobra is giving a good look over to those in attendance at the vigil. LE would stand out too much during a service like this, especially in a small town. I'm sure that there have been people that have no known connection to Haliey, Ron, Misty, or their families. If Ron can point these people out to Cobra so he can look at them people, there body language, expresstion, or if they are doing something out of place.

LE is looking for Haleigh.Misty was more than likely told not to talk to anyone else but LE and why she wouldn't talk to Cobra anymore than a reporter.They know Cobra is there to help have another child taken from them and at this time there is no real evidence,but only rumor,that Haleigh was taken by anyone but an abductor while she was sleeping.Ronald and Misty owe Cobra nothing and he is in the way of an investigation.

It is likely that Misty was told not to talk to LE. While people assume since she doesn't was to do the reinactment because she is guilty, when it could be that it is a result of LE's request she not talk with Cobra.

I can see how you feel about not wanting to trust anyone but LE... but Cobra is the only one who is giving us Sleuthers anything about what is going on with the investigation. And it is difficult to take a man that calls himself Cobra seriously, but I think that's just a silly man thing. PIs don't have to worry about warrents, chain of commands, ego, and the right to privacy of those they are investigating etc. The evidence discovered may not be allowed in court, however, like the polygraph, It can point the LE in a certain direction. I don't think that private investigators are the ones actually solving crime, they are the ones who give police information that leads to an arrest.

I just watched the Exclusive: Cobra Inside Haleigh Prayer Vigil
Video at Link: http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/25/...gil/#more-1372
In it he addresses this issue by saying that he is not working this as a child custody case. He says he wants to find Haleigh and prays with them. He would be taking dishonosty to a completely new level by lying at a prayer service.
I also think Cobra's presence there is to look at the people attending, there are cases where SO insert themselves into the story by attending these kinds of things. I would hope that Cobra is giving a good look over to those in attendance at the vigil. LE would stand out too much during a service like this, especially in a small town. I'm sure that there have been people that have no known connection to Haliey, Ron, Misty, or their families. If Ron can point these people out to Cobra so he can look at them people, there body language, expresstion, or if they are doing something out of place.

It is likely that Misty was told not to talk to LE. While people assume since she doesn't was to do the reinactment because she is guilty, when it could be that it is a result of LE's request she not talk with Cobra.

Great thoughts Daisy Faithfull, So you are saying he could be working in conjunction w/ LE in an undercover way all along. Hmmmm interesting.

Where this case gets so confusing is that Haleigh llived in the midst of approx 44 sexual predators, and yet in keeping it SIMPLE, most children that vanish do so at the hands of their parents or someone known to them. I think that is right, correct me if I am wrong.

We do have one double entendre here though, in that DS is a soon to possibly be RSO this June and Haleigh had even been to his house several times with either Misty or Mitsy and Ron. They were friends. Gadzooks, that sounds so ominous when it is written out like that!

I think Cobra's a flashy Superman who thought he could quickly get an arrest, but things turned out to be more difficult than he imagined. IMO, however, he has a good idea who's involved, and I bet he kept one eye open during the prayer vigil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine