P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The objective here should be to sleuth and uncover facts w/out such a vested interest in WHERE those facts may lead in order to FIND Haleigh--That has nothing to do w sleuthing--OR finding Haleigh. My passion is CHILDREN. And seeking justice for CHILDREN. Aside from which I have no other agenda or purpose for being here. JMHO2

:parrot:

Exactly! We're right back to the crazymaking, Emmy-Award winning, Lifetime Movie script... making endless accusations that Haleigh's mother kidnapped just ONE of the two children out of vengance, w no means of concealing nor escaping inevitable consequences nor explaining in the long run circumstances surrounding this one child, in some distant hope that this one child who has vanished mysteriously off the face of the earth and manages to stay out of sight as they go on eluding every LE agency for the rest of their lives, might be eventually presumed dead or whereby dad is proven unfit father, while LE goes on surveilling and exhaustively investigating every facet of entire family's activities and background yet nevertheless gaining custody of Junior while managing for the remainder of years to arrange clandestine meetings w her cloistered child and simultaneously either putting both families thru a neverending nightmare or making her entire family complicit... all in her desperate plot to exact revenge and avoid child support, gma*b. Let's stop straining for every feeble, farfetched excuse to accuse and blame this mother (who btw wasn't even in charge at the time or the one who insisted she was the only one responsible enough to raise or supervise Haleigh when dad and his minor gf can't keep their stories straight in whose custody and care Haleigh was last seen--and get on w the business of searching. The number one priority isn't defending dad, it's finding Haleigh. JMO

:other_beatingA_Dead:

I never indicated I thought IF Crystal or her family were involved it would result in Haleigh being kept somewhere at any time. On the contrary, I would say if this were done to exact revenge...Haleigh would not be alive to return to anyone, imo.

This is not defending anyone. This is trying to put all the pieces out there to figure out which ones fit and which ones do not. The motive IS there. Revenge has always been one motive for murder, kidnapping, plus other crimes and will continue to be a motive for crimes in the future just like jealousy, greed, anger, etc. Not saying it is THE motive in this case, but we cannot rule it out entirely yet. Everyone is still a suspect and their possible motives are still in question.

Yeah well if any child of mine "disappeared" under anybody else's watch you can best believe I'd be seeking the advice and assistance of ANY PI's, bountyhunters, attorney's, metermen and anybody ELSE I could enlist to help me to get to the bottom of it, find my missing child, and prevent my OTHER child from being the next to "disappear." JMO

You've got that right, KiKi. I've read a couple of articles about Cobra and seen a few clips of him at work on youtube. This man is not going to risk his career by trying to hide something from LE. If his search leads him to Crystal, I have every confidence he'd say so.
I don't think Crystal's main goal is to "dig up dirt on RC." I think she just desperately wants answers to where her daughter is.

Does revenge count as a strong motive in such cases? I think it does. She wasn't just facing paying the past child support. She was called up on Contempt of Court charges which could lead to her being arrested.

SS :blowkiss:,
In Wis a person rarely goes to jail for Contempt of Court for child support.
My daughters Ex owes over 100 grand on 2 kids......the court 'unfortunately' looks the other way. Wi gives little aide in helping with any type of welfare.

Perhaps she knew that losing Haleigh being she was a Daddy's girl would kill him? Does she have a stronger bond with Rj than with Haleigh? Who knows? If she were the one to set it up...to use reason and logic to figure out a twisted concept of why she would decide upon one over the other would be difficult.
Do you honestly think if Crystal was behind Haleigh's disappearance she would ask for assistance from an attorney and a PI in locating her daughter? Wouldn't that defeat her purpose. Then she'd really be risking jail time. Much more time than she may get for unpaid child support.

Yeah well if any child of mine "disappeared" under anybody else's watch you can best believe I'd be seeking the advice and assistance of ANY PI's, bountyhunters, attorney's, metermen and anybody ELSE I could enlist to help me to get to the bottom of it, find my missing child, and prevent my OTHER child from being the next to "disappear." JMO

Me too, and well said. :thumb:

The more we learn and see of Ron and Misty, the less likely I think custody will remain with them.

Granted, they may not have belonged with Crystal back then either, but I feel strongly that she has handled Haleigh's disappearance with a great deal of patience. If I were her, I would be on Geraldo and any other show that would have me every night spilling my guts about EVERYTHING I knew and heard about Ron and Misty.

The only people I've heard say anything positive about Ron and Misty are people here who do not know him and their own families.

I think once we are able to read the statements given by each party we will get a better idea on who is on the up and up. Right now we have a lot of hearsay, and I know we should not discuss rumor, but once you hear from locals about what is going on you tend to follow the people that are there. I really don't think Cobra is in this for publicity or would jeopardize his career for 15min of fame. His passion is to get these pedophiles off the street and hunt people down. If someone did abduct this child, he doesn't have to follow all the rules as LE would and sad to say but a lot of people that may be associated with Ron, Misty and other's are not from the suburbs and will talk to a bounty hunter before they talk to LE. Most are afraid of LE. Heck I don't even like to be around LE, and I have never been in trouble. Heck, take that back I did get one speeding ticket and I cried for a month.
I say lets try to be patient and pray that Haleigh is found one way or another. Who cares who finds her. And if any locals are members, please keep all ears and eyes open.

The more we learn and see of Ron and Misty, the less likely I think custody will remain with them.

Granted, they may not have belonged with Crystal back then either, but I feel strongly that she has handled Haleigh's disappearance with a great deal of patience. If I were her, I would be on Geraldo and any other show that would have me every night spilling my guts about EVERYTHING I knew and heard about Ron and Misty.

The only people I've heard say anything positive about Ron and Misty are people here who do not know him and their own families.
This is not true. I have seen articles etc. about Ronald where people who do know him have said positive things about him and his family. One of our members knows him personally and has said some very positive things in regards to his lifestyle, work ethic, care of the children, and other aspects.

Do you honestly think if Crystal was behind Haleigh's disappearance she would ask for assistance from an attorney and a PI in locating her daughter? Wouldn't that defeat her purpose. Then she'd really be risking jail time. Much more time than she may get for unpaid child support.
I wasn't aware Crystal asked for assistance from this attorney or her PI. I thought her mother did? Or was it that her mother reportedly asked for assistance from the now debunked spokesperson?

Exactly. And why would take Haleigh then, of all times? The timing is so over-the-top obvious, if anything, it looks more like someone with no sense of finesse was trying to time it in a way that framed her.

The reasons I don't suspect Crystal are:

a) Her reactions - from the early denial and resistance to appear immediately, to her physiological collapse in the first days (you cannot fake or force dehydration), to her anger with Ron, to her reactions in the trailer a few days ago - all the steps she has gone through appear consistent with what I read of her personality and approach to problems.

b) I don't think Crystal has it in her to plan to harm Haleigh, and even if she did, she would be too afraid of being caught. Trying to hide Haleigh then return her would involve too many risks.

c) LE doesn't appear to be doubting her story.

d) If Ron and Misty thought Crystal did it, they would be acting completely differently. (Same for TN)

I have and still do wonder about Chad or her father, depending on whether or not they would be stupid enough to do it that week.

The only reason I doubt their involvement is the lack of apparent suspicion by LE and others in that direction.

Not to mention the fact that Ron and Misty continue to make so many WTH moves, and LE, who knows so much more say that Misty is key; it's impossible for me to take my eyes off that direction and focus them onto Crystal.

My personal take on Cobra is that Crystal is being proactive in the search for Haleigh and that if she had something to hide re Haleigh's disappearance, she would not have asked him as I am dang sure he is going to check her out too. MOO

I wasn't aware Crystal asked for assistance from this attorney or her PI. I thought her mother did? Or was it that her mother reportedly asked for assistance from the now debunked spokesperson?
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133703&catid=295
"I believe they called me so the family could have someone to turn to for advice on who they should talk to. They didn't know who to trust," Picazio explained.
Picazio also says Sheffield is so upset about Haleigh that she is seeking counseling for her client.

I took these statements to mean that, even if Marie made the call (actually never read that), that Crystal was involved in contacting her and that Crystal is her client and asking her for assistance.

My personal take on Cobra is that Crystal is being proactive in the search for Haleigh and that if she had something to hide re Haleigh's disappearance, she would not have asked him as I am dang sure he is going to check her out too. MOO
Again, he came as a package deal with the attorney. Crystal did not ask him to become involved. I don't believe Crystal picked up the phone and sought out the attorney either as she has no money to do so. Someone else brought them into this case or they inserted themselves.

Again, he came as a package deal with the attorney. Crystal did not ask him to become involved. I don't believe Crystal picked up the phone and sought out the attorney either as she has no money to do so. Someone else brought them into this case or they inserted themselves.

I am unconcerned in HOW he became involved and in reading what I have about Cobra, I feel that he is looking for a CHILD no matter where it points, Misty, Crystal or whoever. His job is to help find the child and he strikes me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. I would hope that both families would be grateful for the help regardless of how it came to them. I also do believe that there are decent people out there who do pro bono work. MOO

I am unconcerned in HOW he became involved and in reading what I have about Cobra, I feel that he is looking for a CHILD no matter where it points, Misty, Crystal or whoever. His job is to help find the child and he strikes me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. I would hope that both families would be grateful for the help regardless of how it came to them. I also do believe that there are decent people out there who do pro bono work. MOO

Amen. :thumb:

I am not sure about what happened to Haleigh, and I don't know anyone involved in this case. I have noticed the actions of CS, Ron, and Misty, and just imo, the actions and comments of Ron and Misty do seem off. I don't know if any of them had anything to do with Haleigh missing, I am up in the air on who is involved.

It is strange to me that Ron got a tattoo when he did, and seemed aggravated about the news people being there. Choosing to get married when they did, and then being on the Today Show and that whole thing was just more than strange. Why would he marry someone who says well I know I told different stories about the night your daughter disappeared and I have no idea why I lied.

Why in the world would Ron go on national television and say detectives told him that Misty is not a suspect, and she passed her lie detector, if it wasn't true?

I haven't seen many interviews of CS but I don't really recall any super strange things that she has done or said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez