P.I. Says He Videotaped Area Where Caylee Was Later Found #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Detectives should have known what they were dealing with, or at least had an idea. They deal with liars all the time, and if they are in homicide, they should be able to get a feel for a witness and use different techniques to interrogate, depending on the results they are getting, and they weren't getting results and don't appear to have changed tactics.

BTW, saying things to her like "how do you think lying to us is going to help us?" was counter-productive...allowed her an opportunity to explain many of her lies. They acted like they were questioning a scared child, when in fact they were probably questioning a cold blooded child killer (big difference). I just think they should have been able to change interrogation tactics and tried other ways of interrogating her.

There might be laws of interrogations that they need to follow to avoid evidence and statements being thrown out due to coersion, threats, etc.

I agree that from what we have seen of the early interviews it really seems as if there might have been another interviewing approach that detectives might have pursued since they certainly were not getting anywhere. However, would any approach get through to a sociopath? Genuinely curious, and OT, I know--sorry.

Even if they were never going to get through to her and confess, they still could have used the opportunity to tie her into more and more lies. I have seen interviews when police have allowed suspects to lie for hours without pointing it out to them, knowing they didn't have to, that the jury would see it and that was all that mattered. Where I come from, "lies" can be used as evidence of "consciousness of guilt", so the more you've got (if you are the prosecutor), the better the case.

New Update for thread today:
Major Caylee Anthony Clue Could Be On Mystery Videotape
Friday, January 2, 2009

<snipped>
Brand new evidence could potentially tie Casey Anthony to her daughter's body. A mystery videotape of the crime scene, shot by one of the Anthonys' private investigators weeks before Caylee was found, reportedly shows their other private investigator on the phone. But who is he talking to?

That mystery caller could be a big clue that connects Casey to the crime scene.

Eyewitness News has learned the Anthonys' two private investigators came to the discovery scene on November 15 and 16, a Saturday and Sunday, possibly because they didn't find Caylee's remains right away.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18401963/detail.html

Thank you for that link! So interesting....I think Hoover still has the tape. I am thinking more and more that the A family are going to be facing some very serious charges.

I can not believe the ridiculous garbage that WFTV is publishing, and it's so obvious that it's coming directly from LP.

"Brand new evidence could potentially tie Casey Anthony to her daughter's body. A mystery videotape of the crime scene, shot by one of the Anthonys' private investigators weeks before Caylee was found, reportedly shows their other private investigator on the phone. But who is he talking to?
That mystery caller could be a big clue that connects Casey to the crime scene."

"I even asked him, 'Who's he talking to?' He said, 'I don't know.' 'Could you hear what he was saying?' 'No, I couldn't hear.' He was 100 yards away," Padilla explained."

~~~~~~

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

I agree but then again we're looking at it in hindsight. The detectives had no idea what they were dealing with, a kidnapping, a murder, a missing child? Casey was tossing around lies so fast that their heads were spinning. If they'd had a second chance to question her I think things would have gone differently.

If they were better trained they would have seen her for what she is very soon after she began her lies. They would be taught what to watch for and the best way to react to it. The worst possible thing they could have done with a personality disorder of this sort was what they did! They got in her face & they yelled at her.. when she tried to speak, they spoke over her.

They should have let her keep talking when she was rambling on about how Caylee never cries when she is away from her but she does when she is away from Cindy. Appear to give a , take her side, blah blah.. These people need their egos stroked, often (as in, how Cindy and George treat her?!) and will shut down when yelled at.

Many police departments now have this kind of "mental health" training, apparently this department is not one of them.

New Update for thread today:
Major Caylee Anthony Clue Could Be On Mystery Videotape
Friday, January 2, 2009

<snipped>
Brand new evidence could potentially tie Casey Anthony to her daughter's body. A mystery videotape of the crime scene, shot by one of the Anthonys' private investigators weeks before Caylee was found, reportedly shows their other private investigator on the phone. But who is he talking to?

That mystery caller could be a big clue that connects Casey to the crime scene.

Eyewitness News has learned the Anthonys' two private investigators came to the discovery scene on November 15 and 16, a Saturday and Sunday, possibly because they didn't find Caylee's remains right away.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18401963/detail.html

Two days in a row? There were looking for something and it wasn't beer bottles, cig butts or an alive Caylee.

My mind is racing about this...I think Hoover is co-operating with police....I think this because he isn't returning DC's calls, so presumably is no longer in the A's camp...so, why has he left the camp?

I agree that from what we have seen of the early interviews it really seems as if there might have been another interviewing approach that detectives might have pursued since they certainly were not getting anywhere. However, would any approach get through to a sociopath? Genuinely curious, and OT, I know--sorry.

Highly unlikely. And I would think the skill level needed would have been someone at FBI or CIA profiling level. What everyone needs to remember is Casey was appropriately charged asap with child neglect and OJ. She invoked her right to council and that was the end of any further discussion between LE and Casey.

Not every time and not with every "Sociopath" but yes, absolutely. Though again, I must say I do not think Casey is a "sociopath".

I think there is video. A WFTV photog is saying he saw a portion of it... and check out the latest article or two on WFTV's website.. LP is contradicting himself again.. saying he spoke to DC on November 15, when two days ago he made it clear on HLN that it was December 15 or 16!

AND.. he's talking about "the man in the distance" on the video (DC). A prior article about the video mentions NOTHING about a man in the video.
The big news I just read about was that DC was talking to someone on the phone...and who he was talking to could tie Casey to the crime. WTH?! At this point, I'm thinking all the garbage that's being thrown about is nothing more than trying to discredit the PIs. ( Not to say that what they were trying to pull was honest and aboveboard) Move...counter move.

Two days in a row? There were looking for something and it wasn't beer bottles, cig butts or an alive Caylee.

I agree..
Something isn't right about it, can't quiet put my finger on it..
The one thing that stands out to me is that this is the only place that they took photos of.. I mean seriously, the cadaver dogs hit in the backyard, did D.Casey take photos back there? I just don't think that it was the Kio statement that led him to that spot.
I honestly could care less what LP says about the video, or who he heard what from..Casey admitted himself that was the only place he took photos of, and that he didn't tell the Anthony's about it until the day they found Caylee's remains.
The question remains, Why did Casey take photos of only that area?

If in deed, LE does have the video, and D.Casey's cell phone, or records to that cell phone, and forensics can determine that he was on the phone with any part of the defense during that time..then I guess we may have a few answers..

My mind is racing about this...I think Hoover is co-operating with police....I think this because he isn't returning DC's calls, so presumably is no longer in the A's camp...so, why has he left the camp?

to save his patootie! :)

The big news I just read about was that DC was talking to someone on the phone...and who he was talking to could tie Casey to the crime. WTH?! At this point, I'm thinking all the garbage that's being thrown about is nothing more than trying to discredit the PIs. ( Not to say that what they were trying to pull was honest and aboveboard) Move...counter move.

DC says he was talking to his sick daughter. What does it matter who he was talking to? It wasn't Casey. I hope LP goes down big time for this one. I can't see DC allowing LP to get away with these outlandish accusations.

to save his patootie! :)
Wasn't it Hoover though who first approached the news media? Wouldn't he have been better off just keeping quiet, or going to LE with what he had?

Wasn't it Hoover though who first approached the news media? Wouldn't he have been better off just keeping quiet, or going to LE with what he had?

No, the news was originally given to WFTV by a "source".

Bunnypheonix1, OneLostGirl, SuzieQ- thanks for the insight! Whatever, if any affliction/disorder, Casey suffers from I would love to see someone with the knowledge and experience have at her. Not likely, I know.

DC says he was talking to his sick daughter. What does it matter who he was talking to? It wasn't Casey. I hope LP goes down big time for this one. I can't see DC allowing LP to get away with these outlandish accusations.
This story has gone through so many permutations I can't imagine anyone being able to follow it. Why do I get the feeling that LE is probably loving every minute of it? By the time LP has finished, the PIs will have zero credibility.

OK-I'm getting confused here! I thought the one PI (Hoover) had turned on the other PI (DC). That DC told Hoover it was inapproprate to be filming! But, now I'm hearing that they were together Sat. & Sun.! Why would DC go back with Hoover on Sun.?
And, didn't LP say Hoover told him DC was talking to Joy on the phone? Now, he article say's Hoover said he didn't know who it was.
And, where and when did we learn JB fired DC?
And why spend 2 days looking at a teenage hangout? Was Caylee supposed to show up since KC used to hang out there?:rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think this is much ado about nothing.
just muddying up the water, and keeping the story in the news.
I just don't know why. Is it a possible distraction for what's really happening behind the scenes? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719