PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is common here, for people to have 10 or more guns in their home. My husband likes to clean his guns when watching tv. He trades guns, visits gun stores for a hobby. Owning guns is ingrained in the culture here in Montana. Things won't change here, that is for sure.
You quoted me but I didn't mention gun ownership at all. I spoke of a deep and abiding love for Our Creator and respect for His unshakable laws for all people for all time. ( What I know as The Ten Commandments.)

I respectfully disagree that they have a personal love for Our Creator and obey His laws.
Unfortunately, some in the religious circles do not condemn hate behavior and purport to be the workers of a loving G-d. (We often identify this as Muslim extremism but we can also find it among Judeo-Christian sects as well.) It is undeniable that awful things have been done in the name of religion. The issue of whose religion or religious sect is better has been the subjects of international wars and conflicts for centuries. How long did it take for the leadership of the Catholic Church to address issues of sexual abuse? These institutions are run by humans-- always fallible, sometimes cruel, and often afraid to admit to mistakes in dogma or doctrine. Many bad things have been done in the name of religion-- Westboro Baptist Church or Jim Jones or Churches that caused harm to gays or the mentally ill.

Many of the perpetrators of violence lay claim to a religious belief. They believe they have a personal love and will be forgiven for anything once they enter death. No need for remorse or changed thinking. While many would not openly stand with their violent actions, there are leaders of groups, religious and non-religious, that continue to actively or passively condone the behaviors--- not unlike the pastors that were active in the KKK alongside of the police chief, or the pastors who preach for one political party or another justifying the actions of fallible men in order to gain some political clout.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, some in the religious circles do not condemn hate behavior and purport to be the workers of a loving G-d. It is undeniable that awful things have been done in the name of religion. The issue of whose religion or religious sect is better has been the subjects of international wars and conflicts for centuries. How long did it take for the leadership of the Catholic Church to address issues of sexual abuse? These institutions are run by humans-- always fallible, sometimes cruel, and often afraid to admit to mistakes in dogma or doctrine. Many bad things have been done in the name of religion-- Westboro Baptist Church or Jim Jones or Churches that caused harm to gays or the mentally ill.

Many of the perpetrators of violence lay claim to a religious belief. They believe they have a personal love and will be forgiven for anything once they enter death. No need for remorse or changed thinking. While many would not openly stand with their violent actions, there are leaders of groups, religious and non-religious, that continue to actively or passively condone the behaviors--- not unlike the pastors that were active in the KKK alongside of the police chief, or the pastors who preach for one political party or another justifying the actions of fallible men in order to gain some political clout.

To this truth- filled post, I can only say " Our Maker knows their hearts". Every one, ever killer, every hate- monger, every incitor of violence and beliefs which are not loving to all.

WE may not know, because it's maybe too much for us if we knew all the hatred and plans of violence in the hearts of man at this very moment, but the Creator of all knows who is truthful and who is lying. I pay attention to things like this and I do believe the ones who are so verbal with their rhetoric usually are felled in scandals, in sin and immorality. One cannot serve two masters.

I respectfully disagree that they have a personal love for Our Creator and obey His laws.

They have a personal love for THEIR creator and obey HIS laws. We must respect that, even if it doesn't line up with our own beliefs. Too much blood has been and is being spilled over religion. Live and let live.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh shooting extends wave of conspiracy-minded rightwing violence

The mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh comes amid a wave of rightwing violence across the US fueled by conspiracy theories. It is also part of a long history of white supremacist terror aimed at American Jewish communities.
This belief is in keeping with white supremacist “white genocide” narratives, which hold in part that Jews are orchestrating the “demographic replacement” of white people by means of immigration.
Beirich said those who deploy such rhetoric “absolutely bear a moral responsibility” for acts of antisemitic violence such as that which took place in Pittsburgh.
The journalist David Niewert, author of books on the far right including The Eliminationists, which details how hate speech has radicalized the US right, said antisemitic conspiracism, “which is being promoted at the highest levels of government and media” leads to violence from some who believe it.

“It convinces them that their fellow Americans are part of a nefarious plot to destroy American society, and gives them permission to kill”, Neiwert said. “It is the driver in the spate of domestic terrorism the country is currently experiencing.”

...more..

To this truth- filled post, I can only say " Our Maker knows their hearts". Every one, ever killer, every hate- monger, every incitor of violence and beliefs which are not loving to all.

WE may not know, because it's maybe too much for us if we knew all the hatred and plans of violence in the hearts of man at this very moment, but the Creator of all knows who is truthful and who is lying. I pay attention to things like this and I do believe the ones who are so verbal with their rhetoric usually are felled in scandals, in sin and immorality. One cannot serve two masters.

No one gets to say whose "creator" anyone follows. This is a huge part of the problem, IMHO.

Do you believe today's murderer was a good, church-going man? I don't.

The first fatality of the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre that claimed 11 lives on Saturday has been named as thousands gathered for a community vigil in the devastated Squirrel Hill neighborhood.

Family members told WPXI-TV that they presume Daniel Stein is among the dead.

Stein attended Sabbath services at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill alone.

Since news of the shooting, his family has been unable to reach him.

First of the 11 victims shot and killed in the synagogue massacre is identified as new grandfather | Daily Mail Online

Very sad indeed.

JMO this is not the time nor the place for proselytizing.

People were just murdered for following what someone believed was the wrong religion.

JMO this is not the time nor the place for proselytizing.

People were just murdered for following what someone believed was the wrong religion.

You are making something out of my words which hasn't been said.
I'm bowing out.
Ahava and Shalom.

He needs no special privileges nor special protections.
Just like C Watts, right? And just like Daron Wint, right?

JMO

Any prisoner who is at risk of harm should be kept out of general population. Do these people deserve such protection? They're evil. I don't think so.

But we are not barbarians. This is supposed to be a civilized society. We aren't supposed to allow prisoners to be brutalized. And you will never catch me advocating anything like that for any of these monsters. Including C Watts or anyone else. (I don't know who Daron Wint is).

Any prisoner who is at risk of harm should be kept out of general population. Do these people deserve such protection? They're evil. I don't think so.

But we are not barbarians. This is supposed to be a civilized society. We aren't supposed to allow prisoners to be brutalized. And you will never catch me advocating anything like that for any of these monsters. Including C Watts or anyone else. (I don't know who Daron Wint is).

Amen.
And DW was just convicted for the horrible DC Mansion murders.

The first fatality of the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre that claimed 11 lives on Saturday has been named as thousands gathered for a community vigil in the devastated Squirrel Hill neighborhood.

Family members told WPXI-TV that they presume Daniel Stein is among the dead.

Stein attended Sabbath services at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill alone.

Since news of the shooting, his family has been unable to reach him.

First of the 11 victims shot and killed in the synagogue massacre is identified as new grandfather | Daily Mail Online

Very sad indeed.

Thank you gregjrichards.

My heart is heavy.

—-
Eta:
From your link above:

“More than 3,000 people from different faiths gathered at a major intersection to honor the victims of the mass shooting.

Those in attendance sang Hebrew and English hymns and lit candles while many in the crowd embraced one another.

The vigil, a ‘prayer for healing,’ was organized by students from the nearby Allderdice High School, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.“

—-

This never gets easier. I think it gets harder, moo. I can’t even read any further my insides are jello.

:candles: :roses: :tears:

Last edited:
8 dead, several others injured in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Local CBS affiliate KDKA reported on the incident, which occurred around 10:20 a.m. during a bris circumcision ceremony at The Tree of Life, a 150-year old Conservative movement congregation in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood, which has a substantial Jewish population.

The suspect is a white male who surrendered to a SWAT team on the scene.

“All these Jews need to die,” the suspect said, according to reports.

Wonder where he got that idea.

I have decided there are no appropriate words in our current lexicon to convey the feelings such mass shootings invoke. It is beyond what we know how to say. And what an ominous and sobering and stunning state of affairs that is.

For most mass shootings I agree, but this one. My heart is heavy and my feeling is -- there is more to come. I don't want to be political, because this is not a political forum. So I will leave with this definition.

stochastic terrorism
  1. The use of mass, public communication, usually against a particular individual or group, which incites or inspires acts of terrorism which are statistically probable but happen seemingly at random.

Just two points -
  1. HIAS is not paying for the caravan. At most it is providing some very minor humanitarian assistance.
  2. The caravan is founded by political actors outside the US for the purpose of weaponizing immigration and influencing the midterms.
Regarding the murderer -
  • He was captured alive - b/c he didn't have the courage to go down fighting. So much for his devotion to the cause.

Last edited:
“Mark Esper, a waiter sitting one stool down, said, “This is probably the safest neighborhood in Pittsburgh. You could lie down on the sidewalk at 2 o’clock in the morning and nothing would happen to you.”

Across Forbes Avenue from the café, thousands gathered to mourn and stand vigil, holding candles, praying, singing, weeping, consoling one another.”

A people raised in violence had found peace in Squirrel Hill before synagogue mass shooting

Last edited:
I agree. This is

Stochastic terrorism -- The use of mass, public communication, usually against a particular individual or group, which incites or inspires acts of terrorism which are statistically probable but happen seemingly at random.

"you heat up the waters and stir the pot, knowing full well that sooner or later a lone wolf will pop up and do the deed. The fact that it will happen is as predictable as the fact that a heated pot of water will eventually boil. But the exact time and place of each incident will remain as random as the appearance of the first bubbles in the boiling pot."

An article that explains the connection. Mentally ill or radicalized?

Stochastic terror and the cycle of hate that pushes unstable Americans to violence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back