PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Jerry Rabinowitz, one of the victims of the shooting, was a family doctor in the community. He had treated Susan Blackman and her three kids, Blackman told CNN.

“I can’t imagine the world without him," she said.

"He was like a member of the family, a member of the extended family," she said. "Dr. Jerry was just somebody who, when you see him, your eyes light up."“

Live updates: Mass shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue - CNN

Pittsburgh Shooting Victims Identified After City’s ‘Darkest Day’

“Mayor Bill Peduto called the attack the “darkest day of Pittsburgh’s history” but vowed that the city would move forward. “We know that we as a society are better than this,” he said. “We know that hatred will never win out, that those that try to divide us because of the way we pray, or where our families are from around the world, will lose.””

These killers’ logic of how they blame others, some random innocent people they don’t even know...what did those people ever do to you?

Everything is someone’s else’s fault when really the answer is within themselves, their own hate and problems.

—-
Jumping off this, so can this be described as extreeeeeeme narcissism?

Last edited:
Anti-Defamation League director: Rise in anti-Semitism 'more than what one man does'

He noted that the ADL saw a 57-percent increase in acts of harassment, vandalism and violence directed at the Jewish community in 2017, and has noticed an uptick in online harassment as well.

"We are seeing an environment in which anti-Semitism has moved from the margins to the mainstream as political candidates and people in public life literally repeat the rhetoric of white supremacists," Greenblatt said.

See what gets me is that there is pain within all of us. We allll feel anger, hurt, whatever it is...but the difference is we don’t go shoot innocent people. No matter how angry we get. This is the difference I think.

I think there’s a dark sickness within these people, as there are with other killers, people who rape and kill people, etc. There haaas to be, jmo.

Is it the age that their trauma happened? Is it from trauma in the womb?

Is it mutiple trauma? Family, peers, school?

The Unibomber went to the hospital as an infant and was not allowed to be seen or touched by parents. Mom felt he came home different.

I do not believe an infant is born evil. No.

When I lived in Squirrel Hill I worked with SPLC. We toasted together at a local pub on Murray Ave. They do so much good work! They stand up for victims of hate like those at temple yesterday. They are an excellent organization. If you are going to call them a hate group I hope you have verifiable, MSM links.

Oh my goodness I never said SPLC was a hate group.

I stated why I didn't rely in them anymore and stated my opinion why.

Perhaps you need to read my prior post again.

I understand that you think they are 100 percent correct all the time and I respect your opinion. I just happen to disagree.

Jmo

“Bernice and Sylvan Simon, the elderly married couple killed on Saturday, were “kind, generous and good-hearted individuals,” their neighbor Jo Stepaniak said.

Bernice, 84, and Sylvan, 86, were from Wilkinsburg and had lived next door to Stepaniak for close to 40 years.

They were the “sweetest people you could imagine," Stepaniak said.

“They wanted to give back to people and be kind. They always tried to look on the good side and help out in the community, here and in the Jewish community. They were loving and giving and kind, gracious and dignified,” she said.

“These are two people who should be memorialized,” Stepaniak said. “I want to focus on them.”“

Im hoping that the bittersweet blessings that will come from all this will be that good people will come together (it seems they already have) and that hate is publicly outed—-that there will now be an even stronger awareness by people and LE Enforcement groups, to recognize such hate on the internet, etc..bla bla I cant find the words. You get my drift.

Is it the age that their trauma happened? Is it from trauma in the womb?

Is it mutiple trauma? Family, peers, school?

The Unibomber went to the hospital as an infant and was not allowed to be seen or touched by parents. Mom felt he came home different.

I do not believe an infant is born evil. No.
There are actually studies showing that psychopaths have reduced connections between the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain responsible for sentiments such as empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which mediates fear and anxiety.

Now, that doesn’t mean everyone with this ”defect“ walks around murdering people. I guess that’s where the nurture part comes in. Growing up in a loving environment won’t make a psychopath have feelings of empathy or guilt, but they can be productive members of society and risk-takers. They can have jobs where fearlessness is an advantage (surgeons, pilots, soldiers, etc.).

Two things I didn't see mentioned:

- the reason the older folks were there is because they were doing preparation; the others had not arrived yet (makes sense to me, IMO)

- these are Orthodox Jews. Don't they need to be buried before the next sundown?

Thanks. Prayers and Peace too ALL.

Im hoping that the bittersweet blessings that will come from all this will be that good people will come together (it seems they already have) and that hate is publicly outed—-that there will now be an even stronger awareness by people and LE Enforcement groups, to recognize such hate on the internet, etc..bla bla I cant find the words. You get my drift.

I wish but I have only seen it intensify.

There are actually studies showing that psychopaths have reduced connections between the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain responsible for sentiments such as empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which mediates fear and anxiety.

Now, that doesn’t mean everyone with this ”defect“ walks around murdering people. I guess that’s where the nurture part comes in. Growing up in a loving environment won’t make a psychopath have feelings of empathy or guilt, but they can be productive members of society and risk-takers. They can have jobs where fearlessness is an advantage (surgeons, pilots, soldiers, etc.).

Brain research has shown that trauma changes the brain.

Hi all - After skimming the last few pages, it seems the discussion is getting away from the victims
Slain victims named:
  • Joyce Fienberg, 75, Oakland neighborhood, Pittsburgh
  • Richard Gottfried, 65, Ross Township
  • Rose Mallinger, 97, Squirrel Hill neighborhood, Pittsburgh
  • Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, Edgewood Borough
  • Cecil Rosenthal, 59, and David Rosenthal, 54, brothers, Squirrel Hill
  • Bernice and Sylvan Simon, 84 and 86, married, Wilkinsburg
  • Daniel Stein, 71, Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh
  • Melvin Wax, 88, Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh
  • Irving Younger, 69, Mount Washington neighborhood, Pittsburgh
Hi all - I've only skimmed the last few pages, but it seems the discussion is getting away from the victims and from this crime. I don't have the patience right now to try to draw the line on what is off topic. That could change.. please stay on topic.
Thanks
Whiskers

Pittsburgh mayor to Trump: Armed guards are not the answer

"I belong to an organization, a bipartisan organization, called Mayors Against Illegal Guns," Peduto said. "I don't think that the answer to this problem is solved by having our synagogues, mosques and churches filled with armed guards or schools filled with armed guards."

He added: "We should try to stop irrational behavior from happening at the forefront. And not try to create laws around irrational behavior to continue."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back