Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say A.Y. altered her emergency contact list to add 45-year-old Kevin Esterly, the man she is suspected to be with, as an additional "family member.”

They say they even have video of Esterly, the man she claimed was her stepfather, signing the form, and walking out the front door with the teen.

It all started in December, the month that A.Y. turned 16, when her mother says the mysterious early sign-outs began at her school.

Her family lives in Allentown and A. attends Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Charter School near Bethlehem and at least ten times between December and February 9th, the same signature was on an early dismissal form.

The name was Kevin Esterly, according to Colonial Regional Police, who have jurisdiction in the area where the school is.
But police say somewhere along the line, Esterly began having a secret relationship with A.

Hundreds of texts were exchanged.

The school called police after one of those early school sign outs in February.

Authorities say A. was then interviewed by members of the Lehigh Country Child Advocacy Center and asked if she had a relationship with Esterly, and she denied that.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...etails-about-allentown-missing-teen/714161185

BBM. I think these details are new. Not surprised the school has video.

"Family Member" "Step Father" "God Father"
OMG she was brainwashed.

<modsnip>

So they've known each other since at least 2014? And they seem very well acquainted in that video, by the way A is holding onto his arm.

I think there's a lot to this story that isn't being told tbh.

Just went through this thread.
and this man is married and has 4 (or 3) young daughters himself? WTH?

So apparently he is A's godfather? ....according to a comment by someone (EKM) whose son is friends with A?
https://m.facebook.com/allentownpolice/posts/1659292697498652
Wth is wrong with this creep???
Another Tad Cummins..

Please find them and bring Amy safely home....

So they've known each other since at least 2014? And they seem very well acquainted in that video, by the way A is holding onto his arm.

I think there's a lot to this story that isn't being told tbh.

Like what? How do you think grooming occurs? Do you think it's impossible for a grown man to decide to prey on a child he knows well or has taken care of?

A 45 year old man took off with a 16 year old girl who is nkt his, left his family, and disappeared without telling anyone. He had checked her out of school several times before and no one knows why.

To me its not a mystery. He's a predator.

Like what? How do you think grooming occurs? Do you think it's impossible for a grown man to decide to prey on a child he knows well or has taken care of?

A 45 year old man took off with a 16 year old girl who is nkt his, left his family, and disappeared without telling anyone. He had checked her out of school several times before and no one knows why.

To me its not a mystery. He's a predator.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rumor that the two were found in Mexico was a lead that was miss-reported by the local ABC affiliate. The US Marshalls and FBI have stepped in, so they have evidence that the two have left the state.

It&#8217;s super disturbing that A was apparently a good friend of his own daughter. What a trainwreck. They will catch up with him soon though, I have no doubt.

Kevin Esterly & AY: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/kevin-esterly-amy-yu-photos-missing/
1. Esterly Was a Sunday School Teacher at a Church That A Attended
&#8220;A&#8217;s brother says they met Esterly at church years ago. A became close friends with one of his daughters,&#8221; according to WFMZ-TV.
[...]
2. A&#8217;s Mother Allegedly Found &#8216;Hundreds of Texts&#8217; Between Esterly & Her Daughter
On February 9, 2018, &#8220;A&#8217;s mother came to pick up her daughter from school and learned that Esterly had already picked her up. The police were notified and Esterly has not been on school property since. A&#8217;s mother became more concerned when she discovered hundreds of text messages between Esterly and her daughter.&#8221;
[...]
5. Esterly Is Married & Police Were Called to a Domestic Incident at His Home
Police had also warned Esterly&#8217;s wife, Stacy, to stay away from the Y home, according to WFMZ-TV.

It&#8217;s not clear why exactly, but police were called to the couple&#8217;s residence previously for a domestic report, the television station reported.
[...]

Live PD on AY:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLivePD/videos/592311917798381/

As of January 2014 Mexico does not require a letter for non-Mexican children entering or leaving Mexico. They only need a valid passport.

Authorization Letter for Minors Traveling to Mexico

A letter of that type is required for taking children into Canada -- or was several years ago. We saw that while following the murder of Nancy Cooper -- she wanted to leave her husband (later, convicted murderer Brad Cooper). She had planned to leave Brad and to take her two girls to Canada, her home country, but she knew Brad would never give her that letter, so she had to stay here in the US until she died from strangulation.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?141579-Verdict-Watch

How does someone with a criminal record become a Sunday school teacher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They don't check that. Sunday School teachers just volunteer from the church. And some churches, if you have a record, but now you're adamantly attending church, they feel like that's very inspiring.

Some denominations are very forgiving if you repent - or put on a good show of pretending to repent.

They don't check that. Sunday School teachers just volunteer from the church. And some churches, if you have a record, but now you're adamantly attending church, they feel like that's very inspiring.
Sooty that just doesn't cut it maybe they better start. When I coached and volunteerd for softball I had to pass a background check because of the prior problems
Now we have a school and church as institutions that failed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Agree with all your points. I guess the lapses in the school protocol have been covered and there will be accountability and changes some day. This guy took advantage of a young girl and hurt families. I think they will be caught. The girl will go into therapy and he will go into the judicial system and likely for a long time. I feel for the mom who thought she was doing best and this scum took advantage of that. But there is one other victim forgotten and that is the younger brother who apparently was with her last to see her at the bus stop and she just walked away and left. I don't know how you get over that.

bbm
Good point, Irishboy -- I'm sure he has been apologizing to his mom many, many times, and feels like it has to be partly his fault. Of course it is not, and I'm sure his mom has said so, but he may never get over it without counseling. It sounded like he and his big sister were close, so besides missing her every day and worrying, he took on the burden of not doing something -- we know there's nothing he could have done/said that would have mattered to her, but he might not feel that way since he is just a young boy. Another victim. It's a sad, sad deal all the way around.

Which is why I said the school should better verify who should be on the emergency contact list

Yes, I agree. Did the form need the primary care-giver's signature to authorize it? If so, did A forge her signature? If it did not, it certainly should have -- that would give the school less liability should something like this occur. I know I would want to verify such a permission/signature.

It's a big deal, IMO, and schools have to be very careful for their students and for their own liability.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member