PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shortages in SS agents doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years of budget cuts and "doing more with less" to lead to problems with understaffing.

There's also increased demand for SS agents, not just because its an election year and campaign season, but also because threats against SS protected candidates and officeholders are at record high levels. Social media, political extremism and radicalization, the conspiracy theory industry and unregulated proliferation of weapons of mass destruction among civilians is resulting in historic levels of violent threats to the public, elected officials and candidates.

Secret Service agents aren't made overnight. The unprecedented levels of violent, armed crazy people in the US wasn't something anticipated 10 years ago. JMO
I don’t think their problems stem from underfunding.

I don’t think their problems stem from underfunding.
Thanks for the link.

The information in the official Congressional Research Service report clearly shows that the Secret Service got more money than requested for the last several years and the staffing levels are higher than in past years.

Now all of a sudden they don't have enough money or people. That shows us the total failure of leadership in the SS. JMO.

Mission​

To serve Congress with the highest quality of research, analysis, information and confidential consultation to support the exercise of its legislative, representational and oversight duties in its role as a coequal branch of government.

You are entitled to your opinion, Chip Roy is entitled to his opinion, but this protection is required by law.

Visiting heads of foreign states or foreign governments.
Other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States and official representatives of the United States performing special missions abroad when the President directs that such protection be provided.

Last edited:
Please post if you know of an index page for the Secret Service interviews (via hsgac.senate.gov for example).

Here's the USSS Lead Sniper...

Random tidbits...
  • "Before the event, no one raised concerns about the AGR building itself. There were many threats that look in, but no one specifically singled out the AGR building to me."
  • "Yes" re my upthread question did they all know where each other sniper was
  • his USSS radio audio was frequency-scanning other USSS channels in addition to his USSS TAC Teams channel
  • he and his partner were on administrative leave for the week after
  • "I did not tell [anyone] that the AGR building team per se would have coverage of the roof, but it was kind of expected that your police officers in your area, you control over your immediate area. For example, if something was happening in the barn underneath the post I was on, I would expect me to be able to handle any situation, whether it involved a sniper rifle or my pistol or less-than-lethal means, that you're still a police officer, even though you are part of the sniper team."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back